The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Netflix touts its growing Anime roster in new promo.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

It was recently announced that DC universe is only gonna be putting out 1 episode a week for the 2nd half of "Young Justice" season 3.

3. ColiBreh1

I hope you're right, but they really good at playing the victim card. So it's gonna be entertaining to see it play out.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So in other words they are dragging out the second half to run through the remainder of summer since they don't have anything else on deck to be released yet.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Rooster Teeth's gen:LOCK is Headed to Toonami

[​IMG]

Rooster Teeth Animation's original series gen:LOCK is headed to television next month.

According to Variety, the sci-fi mecha series will air as a part of Adult Swim's Toonami block on Cartoon Network beginning Aug. 3.

gen:LOCK is set in a dystopian future 50 years from now, where the fate of the planet is threatened by an oppressive authoritarian regime. A skilled team of pilots is recruited to control a new form of neurologically-powered weaponized mechas in an attempt to push back and ultimately save the world.

Following a collection of character reveal teasers released throughout 2018, the series premiered on the Rooster Teeth website late this past January. The 8-episode first season wrapped up in early March.

However, save for the first episode, the series has only been available for Rooster Teeth First members (i.e. those with paid subscriptions) thus far. But with the announcement that gen:LOCK is making its way to TV, it now appears the star-studded animated series will be able to reach a wider audience.

Created by Gray Haddock, Rooster Teeth Animation's gen:LOCK stars the voices of Michael B. Jordan, Dakota Fanning, Maisie Williams, K?ichi Yamadera, Golshifteh Farahani, Asia Kate Dillon, David Tennant, Monica Rial, Blaine Gibson, Gray Haddock, Miles Luna and Chad James. The series makes its television debut on Toonami on Saturday, Aug. 3.

6. ColiBreh1

I don't have a problem with it. I always felt during the 1st half of the season, they should've done 2 episodes a week instead rushing through original content by putting out 3 episodes a week.

7. SilverSmith

Katee Sackhoff faces a crisis from outer space in the Another Life trailer. The 10-episode series also stars Tyler Hoechlin, Samuel Anderson, Elizabeth Faith Ludlow, and Selma Blair.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  8. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Illuminati one-eye thing in effect.

9. RicardoCooper

Humbly disagree on this one. They're gonna keep ramming "representation" and aggressive girl-power bullshit down our throats whether we like it or not, whether they lose money or not, whether they destroy beloved characters and franchises or not.

10. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

It doesn’t matter. What we need to see more of are black men as presidents with white wives.

11. SilverSmith

Well, looky here. CBS All Access has released the new Star Trek: Picard key art featuring Patrick Stewart as the titular character in the upcoming series.

[​IMG]

12. SilverSmith

Entertainment Weekly’s yearly Comic-Con issue features two covers celebrating IT: Chapter 2, on newsstands this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

I remember reading that some west African presidents had/have European wives.

14. SilverSmith

New TV spot for Brad Pitt's upcoming sci-fi flick.

15. sarah23

sarah23 Well-Known Member

And
    How does this advance anything ?
    Especially if it is in some African country when BM do not have access to WW.
    Unlike their rich president and the political elite.

16. RicardoCooper

Garbage. Hang on tight to your old Next Generation DVDs, they're about to fuck Picard.

17. meowkittenmeow

Huh? We are talking about in film and television. The discussion is in regards to interracial representation in media and entertainment.

18. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Since I've had some free time this summer I've been playing a lot of Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on my Switch. I'm typically a completionist when I play the Zelda games, so I was collecting something called Korok seeds. The first 400+ seeds let you upgrade how many weapons and shields you can carry, but I didn't know what happened if you collected them all. Turns out the Korok who you turn the seeds over to did have something to give you: a golden pile of Korok poop! WTH, Nintendo??? LOL

[​IMG]

It did dawn on me though that maybe what I'd been collecting wasn't seeds after all based on the "distinct smell" mentioned when one was found:

[​IMG]

19. meowkittenmeow

So... your character is now full of shit?

20. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

LOL No, he's just carrying a pile of it around in his pack.