Random media commentary

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Bliss, Dec 6, 2014.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Just saw Jaye De Black's video on this:

@darkcurry

I'm not surprised. I've noticed that BM get shit online whenever they defend their white (or even non-black) GF/Baby Mama/Fiancee/Wife in real life or online. So if they get shit for defending their white significant other, the backlash is even worse probably even worse if the chick their defending isn't even his SO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Freeform Claps Back at "Poor, Unfortunate Souls" Criticizing The Little Mermaid Casting [​IMG]
    07/07/19

Freeform, a channel under the umbrella of The Walt Disney Company, has replied to critics of actress Halle Bailey's casting as Ariel for The Little Mermaid's live-action adaptation.
    So without further ado, here's the platform's Instagram post.

An open letter to the Poor, Unfortunate Souls:

[​IMG]

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Again by that logic remake Mulan a black girl Hercules Asian and John Henry Irish. None of it matters smh

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Love the butch-lesbian feminist haircut on Kristen Stewart. What do you bet it turns out "Charlie" is actually a woman using a voice scrambler. Because they can't have a toxic male telling them what to do.

6. RicardoCooper

Smart enough to make a working time machine, yet still in the hood to be targeted by asshole cops. And of course the girl is the actual inventor. Eyeroll.

7. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Charlie is Charlene. And Charlene is a proud, independent, black woman who uses Charlie’s angels to fight the real issues of the world (IE. manspreading).

8. meowkittenmeow

I’ve been avoiding this one.

9. SilverSmith

WarnerMedia Announces its Netflix Rival, HBO MAX

WarnerMedia's much-rumored streaming service is called HBO Max and it will integrate content from HBO with a slate of originals (Max Originals) and programming from Warner Bros., New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and Looney Tunes.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  10. meowkittenmeow

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

My thoughts on Ariel being black is I don't care especially after learning that black mermaids exist in Black Mythologies often ignored by western civilization
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just like with Ancient Egypt and Sumeria.

Let black women have this. The more big roles like this they get the more they sound like a hypocrite and wake more and more black men up to this Gynocracy. Because you know they were on twitter pushing for an white or asian actor to play prince eric? lol. Let them keep showing their true colors.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. darkcurry

So it's just cable on the internet. Don't we have that already? lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

OK, than they should do an original movie with a black mermaid instead of this race-bending remake/adaption bullshit. I can't believe the "woke oscars so white/representation matters" crowd is excited about hand-me-down race-bending of iconic white characters instead of demanding original or adaptions of actual black characters.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  14. SilverSmith

You sound like a worried Netflix executive. [​IMG]
    It wasn't that long ago that you all were overly enthusiastic about the Black James Bond rumor surrounding Idris Elba.

15. meowkittenmeow

If you happen to take a look at the redheads thread, they were expecting a Disney version of that. Now they are stuck with A black female and they aren’t happy.

16. RicardoCooper

Sistas can't swim or get their hair wet, I call shenanigans

17. RicardoCooper

Not me.

18. darkcurry

I understand that, but I think they're looking at it from a marketing standpoint as well in what would sell. The little Mermaid or Mami Wata. It's a difficult position especially since originality is lacking right now.

19. darkcurry

lol. No not at all. But doesn't this HBO Max sound like they're just moving what they put on cable to the internet?

20. darkcurry

It goes to show that they don't want to explore much of black characters in mythology and history or even learn about them. They just want what white people have don't really want their own. But that is also on the black folks in Hollywood too. To damn concerned with either hood/street culture in movies and TV or making SJW type projects limiting themselves to these things.

But we also have to be aware of the whitewash crowd that thinks every prominent character in mythology and history not named Shaka Zulu was white or another NON-Black person.