The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

THE WALKING DEAD Comic Series to End With This Week's #193

[​IMG]

The Walking Dead will reportedly come to a surprise end with this week's #193 from writer Robert Kirkman and artist Charlie Adlard, according to Bleeding Cool.

Bleeding Cool reports that the 71-page The Walking Dead #193 will be the series' final issue, despite not having been solicited as such - and subsequent issues solicited for release in August and September.

"I’m upset, too. I’m going to miss it as much as you will, if not more so. It breaks my heart that I had to end it. and we have to move on but I just love this world too much to stretch things out until it doesn’t live up to what I want it to be," reads a purported partial statement from Kirkman. "I hope you understand. I hope you. dear reader, know how much I appreciate the gift you have given me. I got to tell my story exactly how I wanted to, for 193 issues, and end it on my terms, with no interference at all along the way… at any point. That’s such a rare thing, and it doesn’t exist without the unyielding support this series got from readers like you. Thank you so much."

Image Comics Publisher Eric Stephenson seemingly confirmed the news, offering a statement on the matter.

"For a monthly comic book to progress and change the way The Walking Dead has is completely unique, and what’s more impressive is that it has done so for its entire 193-issue run without relaunching or rebooting," Stephenson told Bleeding Cool. "Robert Kirkman has told one story and told it well for over 15 years, and while most comics are based on the illusion of change, The Walking Dead has happened in real time – characters have ages from children to adults, they’ve lost limbs, they’ve lost eyes, they’ve lost family members and friends, they’ve died."

"Not 'died' in the nudge, nudge; wink, wink way that Superman, Captain America, and Wolverine 'died,' but in as real a manner as can happen in a fictional story. The series is concluding with the same finality and while that will no doubt be disappointing for some, in the big scheme of things, it’s a remarkable achievement for Robert and his collaborators."

The Walking Dead #193 is due out July 3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I'm halfway through Stranger Things 3 and it is amazing how they just already outdid two and on par to rival One.

I notice that happens a lot with TV shows how the 1st and 3rd season usually turn out to be the best seasons.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just "accidentally" binged the whole season, I only meant to watch 2-3 episodes but my lunch plans fell through so I stayed home and before I knew it it was over.

I really enjoyed it but the tone seems a little different compared to the first two seasons.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I am about to do the same.

6. darkcurry

I had no plans so I binged on purpose. lol. But I don't binge the same way other folks do though. I watched half earlier and the other later.

Without giving much away Suzie is my GOAT! lol.

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The CW
    premieres key for new sci-fi series Pandora, which begins July 16, 2019.

Synopsis:

Pandora is set in the year 2199, when humanity has come into contact with aliens and has set up an academy of train both humans and extraterrestrials to defend the galaxy from threats, no matter where they come from. Jax is one such student, a human with a secret origin, one she must uncover for herself. Its discovery could turn her into the galaxy's savior or its destroyer.

[​IMG]

8. darkcurry

Thumbs up for the concept. Is there a trailer?

9. SilverSmith

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KOEI TECMO America has revealed the launch trailer for Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle, which was released today for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC via Steam.

[​IMG]

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Yawn, more girl power shit. It was cool circa 2012 with Hunger Games, but now it's overkill. No thanks

11. SilverSmith

From your response, I can see that it was received positively. [​IMG] Nevertheless, I will watch because I dig female-lead action movies and such.

12. SilverSmith

Here's the newsstand cover for Empire’s Joker issue – on newsstands next week.

[​IMG]

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Spider-Man : Far From Home, go see it once ya'll have finished your Stranger Things binge (if you haven't already seen it that is.)

Also the second half of Young Justice Season 3 now drops on Tuesdays instead of Fridays. First 3 episodes for the second half are already out with next 3 coming out this Tuesday.

This has been your Friday Nerd News drop, Nerd Nigga Ned signing off.....

14. darkcurry

So no full trailer?

If not I'll check out the first episode to see how it plays out. Sounds interesting.

15. meowkittenmeow

Is your name Ned?

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Stranger Things 3 impressions

This season felt a lot more lighthearted than I was expecting (ironic when you consider this seasons body count is doubled season 1 and 2 combined)

I kind of liked that the first two episodes were mostly about the kids and their relationships with each other, the show doesn't need to be all monsters all the time.
    I also really liked the smart way the writers utilized the large cast, by breaking them up into teams. Steve, Erica, Dustin, and Robin were my favorite squad.

I felt bad that Steve struck out again with a girl he thought was perfect for him (but the show had to introduce an LGBT character at some point)

Judging by they way Nancy kept gravitating towards guns and her penchant for investigating I'm betting she will be a rookie cop by next season.

I also think judging by how nitpicky Max is with Lucas they maybe have a season left in their relationship.

I also don't think Hopper is dead just going by that after credit scene in Russia, and It is very convenient that Eleven loses her powers so she can't find him.

It's clear that the budget this season was immense, that monster was big budget movie quality.

Overall it was a really good season and I'm looking forward to season 4.

17. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

No.

18. meowkittenmeow

Isn’t this the last season?

They have to maintain that new trope of “only the LGBTQ women are intelligent and interesting”. Which is why that happened. I think that’s Ethan Hawke’s Daughter.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard that. I think I remember somewhere that they wanted to have at least 5 seasons.

20. meowkittenmeow

Oh, alright. I thought I read that somewhere. I might have misread. Thanks for letting me know.