The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

The Nintendo Switch Lite was just announced
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

It's great they have a less expensive option coming, but it's too bad it's only handheld. I like that the original can be played as a console as well. I play it both ways, but I prefer the console option. I like the color choices on the new ones though, especially the turquoise.

BTW, for anyone looking to buy the original Switch, I recommend the pro controller.

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

I dreamt about Katee the other night, bizarre.

4. Tamstrong

I'm at 99.83% completed on Zelda: BOTW. All I have left to complete are the Middle and Final trials from the DLC, and they're not easy. I thought I'd never beat the Beginning Trials. I've already defeated the final boss a few months ago, but it (and the other bosses) were a letdown. They weren't much of a challenge, but that's my only complaint about the game.

5. Tamstrong

I finished up Jessica Jones last night, and it was good.
    The Luke Cage cameo was a nice addition (Mike Colter is so yummy); it's a shame we won't get to see their relationship develop.
    I didn't think Trish could get anymore annoying, but I was wrong. lol

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I been catching up on "Swamp Thing" this week. Is it safe to say that "Swamp Thing" is DC's version of "The Incredible Hulk" or nah?

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Nah.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

True(lol) but she grew on me as Hellcat. I liked that development into her villainous side.

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Speaking of whom, here's the full trailer for Katee's new original sci-fi series.

11. Tamstrong

She had her moments, but she sure worked the hell out of my nerves. lol

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Spider-Man : Far From Home Thoughts.

Good movie. Knowing that Mysterio was clearly running some type of con & based on the "Bitch please. You've been to space" line dropped in the trailer I went in thinking Nick Fury would be revealed as an impostor working with Mysterio (possible MCU version Chameleon). Didn't expect Fury & Hill to be revealed as Talos the Skrull & his wife. Makes sense that Fury would be for setting up what looks to be the MCU version of SWORD with SHIELD effectively dead & no active Avengers team.

Internet speculation was that either Norman Osborn or the Fantastic Four would be set up in one of the post credit scenes but we got Spider-Man's real arch-enemy , J. Jonah Jameson. J.K. Simmons back in the role at that. Multiple directions can be branched off of Jameson & his actions of exposing Peter's dual identity both for Spider-Man and other heroes in the MCU.

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think DC Comics developed Swamp Thing as a response to Marvel's Man-Thing. Both are former researchers who were converted into marsh-dwelling abominations and in 1971, two months apart, each first appeared in comics.

14. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Swamp Thing takes up supernatural subjects as well.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Swamp Thing has always had the edge over Man-Thing as a character due to retaining his human intellect & personality. Man-Thing is exactly what its name implies : a thing in the shape of a man. Man-Thing can near maintain a comic series due to the fact that it relies on supporting characters to propel the stories. Any supporting characters have been less interesting than Man-Thing or interesting enough to get their own series/following (Howard the Duck for example).

16. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Nah. Swamp Thing is DC's version of Man-Thing.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

How long have they been running DC comics like burger king? They will never be #1.

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

If we ever get a BLADE reboot movie or series I hope Marvel sticks with keeping it a horror just like DC has done with The Swamp Thing. One of the best things DC got going right now.

Sidenote: Crystal Reed looks nothing like Abby Arcane from the comics so I'm wondering what direction they were going with the live action version.

But she is freakin' gorgeous.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Let's see how they pull off the Ghost Rider & Hellstorm series they have coming on HULU first. If they are able to pull off the horror elements right with those two characters, then I can see them bringing Blade to the table. Can see them doing that in order to do a Midnight Sons crossover ala Netflix Defenders.

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the show Warrior on Cinemax? I’m currently binge watching it.