The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Hey

Did you notice that the Russian Spetnaz guy was basically Arnold Schwarzenegger?

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Yeah, he was channeling the Terminator pretty hard. lol

3. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

I finished my season 3 Stranger Things binge last night, and it was good. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

I like the way the show is handling the way the kids are growing and handling the changes they are going through. The middle school years are a crazy time, and even though they are in some ways older than their years after what they've experienced, it's still cool to see them dealing with the normal stuff too. I think the way the show is handling the early teen boy/girl interactions and romances with Lucas/Max and Eleven/Mike are pretty accurate for that age group. It's also cute. The whole Neverending story thing with Dustin and Suzie was something else. lol The way Hopper responded to El's little romance was also well done.

I agree with Thump on liking the way they split everyone into groups. It made things a lot more interesting to see the different parts develop before coming together later. It was also a lot more fun to watch.

The Russian Schwarzenegger was one tough bitch to get rid of. lol He was like a friggin' android or something.

Murray was fun to watch, especially the scene in the car about the sexual tension between Hopper and Joyce, and the way he interacted with Dustin and Lucas' little sister.

I don't feel too sorry for Steve not getting together with Robin. Seeing him growing enough to get past his need to be Mr. Popular and trying to live up to that image tells me he'll be just fine. I think all that crap was holding him back when it came to finding something real, which I think is something he'd like to find now.

I like what they did with Billy too. Getting to see his past let us know why he'd become such a dick, and the way he redeemed himself was a good way for him to go out.

I don't think Hopper is dead. I also think that the post credit scene indicates that he survived.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Regarding Steve:

Mr Popularity not getting any girls is ridiculous to me. That's the one part that just seemed out of place.
    The one thing that felt great about season one was Steve getting the girl. It fit perfectly for what hs was. I'm not saying you find your perfect fit at 18 but someone that well known and liked doesn't stay single all that time while the weird kid has the most desirable girl in town.

5. The Dark King

Don't know how to do that spoiler thing but spoiler alert

Am I the only one who has groan to absolutely hate Nancy'a character?

6. Tamstrong

I hear what you're saying, but...

He's not that person anymore though. That's why his old ways aren't working for him anymore. By the end of the season he'd finally grown enough to figure that out.

At the top of the post window click on the insert icon and the Spoiler option will be in the list. Just highlight what you want not to show then click on the Spoiler option.

I don't hate her, but she has always been annoying to me.

7. The Dark King

Thanks

8. Tamstrong

You're welcome. :)

9. meowkittenmeow

The Last American Virgin and it’s original iteration “Lemon Popsicle” is right up your alley if you are looking for realism.

10. meowkittenmeow

Yeah, she is annoying. The whole privileged, expects everything handed to her, ignores the plight of others thing is annoying. She did, however, have every right to be pissed off about the misogynistic work environment. She is kind of an example of modern day feminism vs. the old school.

11. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The Walt Disney Studios has unveiled the first live-action Mulan trailer.

[​IMG]

12. SilverSmith

This Wednesday, Wolverine and Blade clash in Wolverine vs. Blade #1, a one-shot comic!

[​IMG]

13. The Dark King

Oh wait so we're not gonna make her black and call it progress?

14. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Shows Launching on Apple TV+

The Morning Show– Apple is partnering with Reese Witherspoon’s company Hello Sunshine for a few different projects, including The Morning Show. This series will star Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston and will look at the people behind the morning shows that we all wake up to.

Amazing Stories – This sci-fi project is a reboot of the series Amazing Stories from the 80s. Like the 80s version, this series will be executive produced by Steven Spielberg. Each episode will have its own unique plot and set of characters.

You Think It, I’ll Say It – This series, based on Curtis Sittenfeld’s collection of short stories, will tackle issues of class, relationships, and gender. Don’t let the serious topics fool you. It’s also a comedy with a female lead, executive produced by Kristen Wiig.

Truth Be Told– Another show from Reese Witherspoon’s media company, this drama has a true crime plotline and will star Octavia Spencer.

See– Another drama with a sci-fi spin, See takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where all of the survivors are now blind.

Foundation– Based on the set of sci-fi books by author Isaac Asimov, Foundation focused on psychohistory expert Hari Seldon who can predict the future. The Foundation is a group set on preserving history before the fall of the empire.

Central Park– This series is an animated comedy from the creator of Bob’s Burgers. The characters are a family who live in Central Park. Look for two 13-episode seasons of this show.

Swagger– This series will tell the story of NBA star Kevin Durant’s early life. Watch for a look inside the world of Amateur Athletic Union basketball.

For All Mankind– Imagine a world where the space race never ended. Ronald D. Moore created For All Mankind which will be one of the first shows released on Apple TV+.

Servant– Previously known as the “untitled M. Night Shyamalan project,” we can expect this series to have the strange twists and turns of the movies this filmmaker is known for.

Untitled Damien Chazelle Drama– Not much is known about this series, but La La Land creator Damien Chazelle will be developing the project.

Home– Take a look inside extreme and extraordinary homes around the world in this series. The docuseries is set to have ten episodes.

Little Voice– JJ Abrams and Sara Bareilles are co-executive producing this musical drama, described as a love letter to the diverse musicality of New York.

My Glory Was I Had Such Friends– Based on a 2017 memoir by Amy Silverstein, this series focuses on Silverstein and her group of friends, supporting her while she waits for a heart transplant.

Dickinson– Hailee Steinfeld will star as Emily Dickinson in this comedic look at the poet’s life and her role in a world she doesn’t necessarily fit in.

Shantaram– based on the 2003 novel by Gregory David Roberts, Shantaram is the fictional story of Lin, a convict fleeing an Australian prison to run to Bombay.

Pachinko– Apple has the rights to a TV version of the novel Pachinko by author Min Jin Lee. The book follows the family of a character named Sunja through 8 generations.

Time Bandits– This series is based on the 1980s movie Time Bandits. In the adventure film, 11 year old Kevin joins a group of dwarves who time travel from one era to the next, in search of treasure.

Mythic Quest– Rob McElhenney and Charlie Day from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia star in this scripted comedy that will take place at a video game development studio.

Calls– Adapted from a French series, Calls is a horror/mystery that focuses on audio snippets rather than depending on images.

Home Before Dark– This series follows child journalist Hilde and her newspaper The Orange Street News in her hometown of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. Her paper exposes a murder in the town and Hilde is the one to report on it.

Coming of Age in the CIA– Based on the memoir by CIA operative Amaryllis Fox, this series follows a young woman through her time in the CIA.

Peanuts Series– The Peanuts gang is coming to Apple TV+ in series, animated shorts, and more.

Defending Jacob– This thriller, based on a novel by William Landay, tracks the murder of a 14 year old boy and his friend who is suspected of committing the crime.

Oprah Series– Oprah has signed on for a partnership with Apple that will include two docuseries and a documentary about mental health, among other programming.

Losing Earth– Designed as a project to shed light on climate change, this series is based on a New York Times story called Losing Earth: The Decade We Almost Stopped Climate Change. The story covered a 10 year time span, from 1979 to 1989 when a solution was close, but couldn’t be implemented.

Simon Kinberg Sci-Fi Series– Simon Kinberg, known for working with the X-Men movies, will be executive producing and developing this 10 episode series.

Sesame Workshop– Sesame Workshop is another company partnering with Apple to bring new content to the platform. Look for series for kids, including a show called Helpsters, designed to introduce preschoolers to coding.

Link

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I just read on IMDB that it's in Post-production so I wonder what more they have to do before releasing it that they couldn't get done in time for maybe this winter. OR that was the date they had in mind the whole time.

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. meowkittenmeow

Apparently, anything that makes a black woman nod her head in approval is called progress these days.

18. The Dark King

It makes me give up on American media because its no longer about equality like everyone kept saying. They are bold face hypocrites they want to do the very thing they complained about for years and if you have an iota of principal you can see it for what it is.
    Everyone keeps saying mermaids ain't real and they story works no matter the race then keep that very same energy when you complain about white washing.
    Gods of Egypt had an all white cast and people lost their minds. Egyptian gods are fictional so who plays them shouldn't matter by their logic right

19. meowkittenmeow

I see what you mean. It’s popular right now. Things will fade and people will move on to the next thing. When was the last time you were bombarded with #metoo stuff? Feminist driven shows are becoming passé, making everything a black woman thing is annoying white women, white men, and non black women of color. It annoys plenty of black men as well. People will get tired of it, move on, and so on. The positive aspect is that, with all of this representation, they won’t have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about bw representation.

People are always looking for the next big thing, and with the internet/social media, we move on much faster than when we used to.

20. The Dark King

Very good point