The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Is it the way the photo is touched up or am I just now noticing how cute Brie Larson is? lol.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm watching the series premiere of "Mayans MC" right now. Anyone think it's interesting that the lead character's main love interest is a non-latina WW?

I couldn't imagine them that doing that if the spinoff was about The Grim Bastards or the One-Niners instead of the Mayans. I could only imagine the outrage.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I had the same exact thought. Truthfully I don't get why a Mexican dude in Southern California couldn't be with a Hispanic girl. I've read it somewhere but it really seems like casting especially in dramas can't not allow same race couples unless they're white. Hell even in comedy the two Indian sitcoms Mindy and Master of None written by Indian people had nothing but white love interests. One thing I'll give to black people is there isn't a need to add white people in order to be a successful show.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The world is ending in the new trailer for American Horror Story: Apocalypse. Now in its eighth season, the show will feature characters from past episodes along with newcomers who gather to usher in the last days of mankind.

5. ColiBreh1

Looks like the Academy will be holding off introducing the new "Most Popular Film" category at the 2019 Oscars:

6. SilverSmith

Teaser trailer ahead of The Walking Dead season 9 debut next month.

7. ColiBreh1

2 new trailers dropped today for season 2 of "The Gifted":

8. SilverSmith

The Flash season 5 poster features Barry Allen with his daughter Nora who has returned from the future .

[​IMG]

9. darkcurry

10. darkcurry

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I kind of hope they don't go the "creative casting" route just yet. I'd prefer they get the classic version of Superman right first.

The DCEU is such a shit show that hey really need to scrap it and start over again.

12. ColiBreh1

I hope the rumor is incorrect & MJB is being considered to play Val-Zod, not Superman.

13. The Dark King

Its like no one at these studios ever watched or read a comic growing up. Their casting usually sucks. With exception of Iron Man and Professor X when did they ever get this shit right

14. SilverSmith

Not that surprising given Neflix confirmed Cavill for the lead role of The Witcher adaptation a week ago. The DC cinematic universe can move forward without a Superman -- for the time being.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

DC Universe streaming is now available (on Roku at least ). They got Static Shock as well as various other DC animated favs both old school & new to watch.

16. ColiBreh1

[​IMG]

17. The Dark King

18. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

I'm so used to seeing Melissa Joan Hart as Sabrina lol

19. SilverSmith

First trailer for Julia Roberts' new 10-episode cerebral thriller premiering this November on Amazon.

20. darkcurry

Looks very interesting.