The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Disney has unveiled the initial trailer for Avengers: Black Panther’s Quest, an animated series centered on the ruler of Wakanda.

2. SilverSmith

The premiere dates for the annual Arrowverse crossover have been confirmed. Reportedly, the event will introduce Ruby Rose’s Kate Kane (Batwoman).

[​IMG]

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I expect this to suck just like all the other Marvel animated shows that have premiered ever since Jeph Loeb was hired as Head of Marvel Television.

EDIT:
    BTW, I been told Jeph Loeb isn't the problem. Supposedly Joe Quesada, Chief Creative Officer of Marvel Entertainment, is who Jeph Loeb answers to & Joe is the 1 that wants the Marvel animated series to be for kids only.

4. SilverSmith

The Gifted, new Season 2 principal poster.

[​IMG]

5. ColiBreh1

So are we checking for the new "Sons of Anarchy" spinoff series, "Mayans MC" premiereing Tuesday night?:

6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Sons of Anarchy, so I may give it a shot. But it may depend on exactly how badly they treat the black people on the show lol.

7. ColiBreh1

What was the name of the black biker gang on "Sons..."? I think they also used the same black biker gang on "The Shield" or was that another black gang they used on "The Shield"?

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I don't know about The Shield, but the black biker gang on SoA was the Grim Bastards. That gang folded, and the leader became the first black member of the Sons.

9. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

I thought they were the Niners? Or maybei'm thinking about a different gang entirely.

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  11. ColiBreh1

You're right, now I remember. The Oakland faction of the One-Niners was the prominent black street gang on "Sons of Anarchy", while the L.A. faction of the One-Niners was the prominent black street gang on "The Shield". The Grim Bastards were the prominent black biker gang on "Sons.."

"Mayans MC" is supposed to take place in SoCal instead of NorCal like "Sons..." did, so I expect that we will see the return of the L.A. faction of the One-Niners on "Mayans MC".

@qaz1 You never seen "The Shield"?

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Nah not really. I think I watched maybe the first two or three episodes back when they originally aired, but I didn't keep up. I caught 5 minutes here and there after that, but I never knew what was going on. Didn't the main dude sleep with Forrest Whitaker's wife or something? (On the show, not real life lol) I feel like that was a thing in some later season.

13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Henry Cavill Nabs The Witcher Lead Role
    09/04

Henry Cavill has been cast in the lead role of Geralt of Rivia for Netflix's The Witcher adaptation. Netflix's series is based on the prose novels and short stories by Andrzej Spakowski, which were later popularized by the CD Projekt game series.

"The Witcher blurs the line between good and evil in a world where moral ambiguity reigns. It is a harsh world where nothing is black or white, right or wrong, often forcing one to choose between the lesser of two evils to advance," reads CD Projekt Red's description of the popular 2007 game.

"You become the hero in a narrative, defined by your actions, which brings together story telling and action. Assume the role of a white-haired witcher named Geralt, a renowned monster-slayer-for-hire and master swordsman with superhuman strength and reflexes. While trying to regain his lost memory, Geralt unwillingly becomes involved in a power struggle that could change the world."

Lauren Schmidt Hissirch is showrunning The Witcher's eight-episode first season for Netflix.

Netflix has not announced a projected release date for the series.

https://bit.ly/2NNf0ir

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  14. SilverSmith

The first official look at Brie Larson as Captain Marvel on the cover of this Friday's Entertainment Weekly.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Dude, this movie better not suck.

I heard the first teaser trailer drops tomorrow.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm not feeling that outfit and Brie Larson would not have been my first (or second) choice for the role, But The MCU has been on a white-hot streak, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

We're on the same page, my brother. Only exception is I'm reserving judgment on the suit til I see it in action

18. SilverSmith

Well, lookee here!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  19. qaz1