The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Bro, American politics is way more serious than discussions about pop culture on a internet IR forum.
    Keep things in perspective.

You don't know what it's like to live in a country where our politicians and presidents are genuinely selected not elected.
    Yes it's bad now, but we don't live a modern autocracy like the Chinese, Iranians or Russians.

If this was a true autocracy where our presidents were selected, some of us would be in jail just for the comments on this forum.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

A 10-episode drama that follows the movements of a single dollar bill between various individuals connected to multiple killings.

[​IMG]

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

See. lol. Subjective. Because there are people that believe that the only thing serious about politics is what it does not what it's about. I take people being human more serious than I take people being liberal and conservative.

And who said anything about pop culture? I said art.

But I call it subjective analysis to SAY or THINK we take it way too serious. I put it like this bro... lol, to use a "pop culture" reference by THANOS where he talks about being cursed with knowledge. And this is one of the many times of how important art is because cursed with knowledge is actually a REAL thing and is a very good way to describe what you have subjective feelings about us doing when speaking about racism, feminism and bigotry in Art and Entertainment. You think those actors and entertainers don't take that shit that goes on in their industry serious and some have spoke about the things WE have mentioned here to prove we're not wrong. lol.

We including those in the industry take what we know about racism, bigotry, ect serious and no matter where it's at it's unacceptable. You take what you know about those things serious but only if it's in politics, maybe? But we don't take it as serious as you think as all of us on this board are only offering a piece of our lives and not everybody wants to come here and get all super serious and tense with politics as I have noticed. That's a good thing.

But Art and Entertainment in a way is serious because without a way for humans to entertain themselves and a way to extend our knowledge all we have is these politics where humanity will reach extinction more rapidly because now we are COMPLETELY tense and on edge as politics make people.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

True, but Kylo was not yet a full-fledged Sith lord, just a trainee, and his great weakness is his emotions, as Snoke so aptly noted. Yet, Snoke's wisdom didn't help him evade that saber-skewer he got in Episode 8.

5. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Check out the first 15 minutes of gameplay from Shadow of the Tomb Raider, exclusively on IGN.

15 minutes

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Looks interesting.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

8. darkcurry

Pretty soon the CW is going to have to rename it's network to DC. Lol.
    How many DC Comics shows are that now?

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ok so I was watching the last episode of Runaways last night and it occurred to me how incredibly racist that show is and I'm done with it. Literally everyone has love interest and someone chasing after them except for the black kid and secondly everyone has power of some sort except the black kid. Also ENOUGH of the black man from the hood who was in prison. Our existence goes beyond that.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

*Comic book spoiler*

In the comic book, the black kid betrays the team and is written out, so at least that hasn't happened on the show.........yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. SilverSmith

The letter "W" in "CW" stands for Warner Bros., which, as you're already aware, owns the DC Comics properties. (The joint venture is co-owned by CBS.) The CW seems a logical place to introduce a new viewer to the publisher's superheroes.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  12. SilverSmith

Geeking out over trailer # 2 for The Innocents.

13. The Dark King

Smfh

14. darkcurry

All the more reason why they should just change it to DC Network. It will probably get more viewers with that kind of announcement as well.

15. darkcurry

Now I understand her powers. Pretty cool take on superpowers kind of remind me of how the way IMPULSE did it. Can't wait for this. One of the synopsis alluded to him having powers as well. This is getting more and more interesting.

16. ColiBreh1

Y'all see this HUGE Oscars news today??!!:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  17. The Dark King

its a wrap for them.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Sounds about right. Everything else in our society is judged on how popular it is, I don't see why movies should be any different.

After all, It's not like they are going to replace the "Best Picture" category with "Most Popular" it's just an add-on category.

19. ColiBreh1

This reminds me of how in 2013, The Grammys introduced the "Best Urban Contemporary Album" category: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_Award_for_Best_Urban_Contemporary_Album

Keep in mind the Grammys already has categories for "Best R&B Album" & "Best Rap Album". So the "Best Urban Contemporary Album" category has always seemed redundant AF. The Grammys basically created that category so they can hand out more nominations & awards to R&B/Urban albums and to ESPECIALLY minimize/avoid having to nominate them for "Album of the Year" & "Best Pop Vocal Album".

Artists like Rihanna, The Weeknd, & Beyonce stay getting nominated for "Best Urban Contemporary Album" now instead of "Best Pop Vocal Album".

20. darkcurry

So BP or Infinity War is going to win an Oscar. This go two ways it will either be one of the most predictable categories or one of the most controversial categories. Because the fans and box office numbers have a HUGE effect in a movie's popularity not a hand full of secret society like voters.