The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

CBS All Access Announces
    Star Trek: Short Treks

The four "Short Treks" will roll out monthly beginning this fall, and will be stand-alone stories, each running approximately 10-15 minutes. Each short will be an opportunity for deeper storytelling and exploration of key characters and themes that fit into Star Trek: Discovery and the expanding Star Trek universe.

"Runaway" (October 4) — “Onboard the U.S.S. Discovery, Ensign Tilly (Mary Wiseman) encounters an unexpected visitor in need of help. However, this unlikely pair may have more in common than meets the eye.”

- "Calypso" (November 8) — “After waking up in an unfamiliar sickbay, Craft (Aldis Hodge) finds himself on board a deserted ship, and his only companion and hope for survival is an A.I. computer interface.”

- "The Brightest Star" (December 6) — “Before he was the first Kelpien to join Starfleet, Saru (Doug Jones) lived a simple life on his home planet of Kaminar with his father and sister. Young Saru, full of ingenuity and a level of curiosity uncommon among his people, yearns to find out what lies beyond his village, leading him on an unexpected path.”

- “The Escape Artist” (January 3) — “Harry Mudd (Rainn Wilson), back to his old tricks of stealing and double-dealing, finds himself in a precarious position aboard a hostile ship — just in time to try out his latest con.”

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  2. SilverSmith

The devil-you-say:

[​IMG]

3. SilverSmith

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Lore Season 2! Lol

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Did anyone else just skip Iron Fist all together?

5. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I found season 2 of Iron Fist to be far better than season 1. I actually binged it in a weekend.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

7. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Uh-oh more race swapping

8. SilverSmith

The reviews of season 2 have been fairly positive. Now I feel motivated to see what I've been missing after having stopped watching mid-season last year.

9. SilverSmith

The CW has released a new action-packed trailer for Arrow‘s upcoming season 7.

The trailer highlights Oliver Queen experiencing considerable difficulties in jail while another vigilante emerges in Star City mimicking the Green Arrow.

Count me in!

[​IMG]

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Too bad these couldn't flesh out the Federation or other areas of Starfleet. Nope these are the same unlikable characters from Discovery. Yup, even Tilly is annoying. That'll be a pass from me

11. RicardoCooper

I'd be 100% down with this if it came out 2-3 years ago. Now it's falling square into this aggressive, homosexual-feminist cultural moment. So I'm 90% down with it lol

What do you guess that some of the characters we've known since the first Iron Man turn out to be Skrulls?

12. RicardoCooper

I watched it. Better than season one for sure. But it too has been ruined by the feminist homosexual takeover of what was once boys genre material. Watch till the end

13. RicardoCooper

I'm surprised they didn't make all of them black :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Reveal of Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker.....

[​IMG]

SMH. it seems Warner Brothers is dedicated to Nolanizing all of their DC properties, especially all Batman related properties.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So they're going with the "realistic" Joker again huh? I was kind of hoping they were going to go the opposite direction this time.

It interesting that they never go with the clean-cut version of Joker anymore. Just once I'd like to see this look on the big screen

[​IMG]

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The studio heads don't want to embrace the fantasy/sci-fi elements of the comics source material. Because Nolan's Batman Trilogy was such a critical darling with non-comic reading audiences, they are too focused on trying to have lighting strike again with that particular demo of the movie going audience rather than appeal to the actual comic familiar demo.

17. SilverSmith

New trailer: Jodie Whittaker takes the TARDIS controls as the Thirteenth Doctor.

[​IMG]

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

White boi proxies shitting on Dr. Who cause the lead is now female in 3..2..1...

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The Gifted Season 2 is on tonight!

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Yikes, do y'all see the type of original programming that Apple is planning on doing on their upcoming streaming service?:

https://deadline.com/2018/09/apple-...ming-series-as-too-violent-report-1202469777/

Cliffnotes:
    - Dr. Dre's show was cancelled because it was too violent and had sex (an orgy)
    - Jennifer Aniston & Reese Witherspoon's show was "toned down" at the script stage
    - Whitney Cummings had a show that had #MeToo themes that was cancelled because it's "too sensitive"
    - Shyamalan has a show but was asked to remove crucifixes hanging in people's houses
    - Writers are being told if their show has violence or nudity don't bring it to Apple
    - Apple is using Tim Cook's personal tastes as a barometer and he likes shows like Madam Secretary and Friday Night Lights

SMH. So Apple is basically doing Network TV-style dramas.

Look at the headline of this Gizmodo article: https://gizmodo.com/apples-upcoming-streaming-service-is-reportedly-so-blan-1829249910

Apple's Upcoming Streaming Service Is Reportedly So Bland Staff Are Calling It 'Expensive NBC'

LMAO. Apple's streaming service will be a flop (or atleast a disappoinment) if this is what their shooting for. I guess Apple is hoping the size of their already established Apple device userbase will coast them to success like with Apple Music.