The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

That's because most of the folks running the studios didn't read or know anything about comics.

Marvel's kicking ass mainly because their studio was created by people with direct ties to the actual comic book end of things. Kevin Feige being a legit comic book head is the Marvel movie equivalent to Bruce Timm for DC Animated when all the DC animated TV properties were the shit. DC/Warner Brothers needs to get a Bruce Timm type to handle their live action properties and not let normal studio types get in the mix in dictating how they plot out the movie universe & characters.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Facts

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Christopher Reeve....but I get and agree with your point.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That's a good choice. I liked that show Grimm. It was a good friday night wound down show.

6. ColiBreh1

IGN dropped their review for the DC Universe app/subscription:

7. ColiBreh1

Speaking of potential big upcoming film roles for Michael B. Jordan, has there been any new news on the Mansa Musa film he's supposed to do with Director Ryan Coogler?

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Getting totally immersed this week. If the service proves satisfying I'll continue subscribing.

9. darkcurry

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I actually think this couple, Olivia and Lemuel (Arielle Kebbel and Peter Mensah), may be the best ir couple on tv. They're both talented and important to the group, and they have a realistic (considering the nature of the show) relationship that is clearly genuine and strong.

It also doesn't hurt that they're attractive and make out a lot lol.

11. darkcurry

Hopefully this season we will get more background info on how they met.

12. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Just ran across this on YouTube. I've been subscribed to this dude's channel for a while. A lot of GoT related content, but he also has extensive videos on the Dune novels and a bunch of other stuff in the Sci Fi genre.

Anyway, he hid his face until recently, and a lot of his subscribers were shocked to find out that he's black.

I thought the way that he handled it was pretty funny.

13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Trailer posted to Movie Trailers thread:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  14. darkcurry

Shit Just Got Real!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Netflix announced that they are doing a live-action version of Avatar The Last Airbender series, they also promised to not whitewash the cast this time.

16. SilverSmith

[​IMG]
    Things that go bump in the night:

Netflix will launch its 10-episode series adaptation of the Gothic classic, The Haunting of Hill House, next month.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  17. ColiBreh1

It's official:

18. ColiBreh1

19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member