The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Or it simply could be some combination of having blind spots and just not being good writers. I think we're sometimes too quick to assume malice where stupidity will do. Look at it this way: they're making the same mistakes men have been guilty of making all along. Sure, there's often an agenda. But often it's just ignorant people doing the least work possible.

On the other hand maybe I'm overly optimistic. Either way, please correct me if I'm misunderstanding your statement.

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Already looks better than that TRASH second season

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

NBCUniversal is presenting the full nine-minute-plus first act of its supernatural thriller Manifest across digital platforms.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It looks interesting, but I still feel burned from Lost, it's going to take me a while before I invest in another mysterious flight tv show.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Same.

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Bruce Lee Lightsaber duel?? Yup.

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Hulu has released the official trailer for its upcoming series,The First, starring Sean Penn
    about a crew of astronauts attempting to become the first humans to land on Mars.

8. darkcurry

Anybody else been watching Castle Rock? This show is SO good I highly recommend you should give it try if haven't yet. It is like a mystery, psychological thriller, and horror show mixed in one and pulls it off!

[​IMG]

Also if you're a Stephen King fan or at least familiar with his books and movies this show also has easter eggs in it.

9. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I just watched the first episode yesterday! Starting slow, but I'm in.

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

1 of the biggest criticisms for season 1 of Marvel's "Iron Fist" was the fight sequences. So Netflix dropped these 2 featurettes for Season 2 today:

11. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

DC UNIVERSE ANNOUNCES LAUNCH DATE

[​IMG]

The DC Universe streaming platform has finally announced an official launch date.

Tonight on DC Daily, host Kevin Smith revealed that the service would be available from September 15, which just so happens to be Batman Day.

Next month, fans will be able to begin streaming exclusive content such as Titans, Young Justice: Outsiders, the Harley Quinn animated series, as well as Doom Patrol, and the James Wan-produced Swamp Thing series.

In addition, subscribers will have access to classic DC shows and movies including Batman Begins, the Christopher Reeve Superman films, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, Batman: The Animated Series, Super Friends, and the recently released DC Animated features.

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

They got the guy who coordinated the Black Panther fights? That's gotta be an improvement. I'll definitely give this a shot.

13. darkcurry

I liked the fight sequences in Iron Fist especially the fight scene with the drunkenstyle fighter.

But I love the effort with MARVEL in trying to make it better. Where was that effort with Inhumans. lol.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

When has the entertainment industry overall ever been nuance and not pandered?

The difference now is the white male centric audience that the entertainment industry is mainly built around is stuck on nostalgia and preserving their "culture" (remake, revive, reboot old TV series & popular movie franchises that make them feel good & right) so now pander heavily to everyone outside that core audience. That diversity mofos hate so much.

More "nerd shit", more "bitch shit", more "nigga shit", more "gay/lessie shit", more "chink shit", more "wetback shit"....the list can go on with all the various non white male centric demographics to pander to.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Emmy Rossum announced today on social media she's leaving Showtime's "Shameless":

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

17. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This show is dead. She's the one character they cannot lose.

18. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You're right. There's a lot more stupid than smart there.

19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Here's some real nerd stuff right here

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This is on point for you anime fans.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List