Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On another note his ex is fiiine!! With three i's.

2. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I'm talking looks wise.

3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Finally watched the 2005 Wesley Snipes film "7 Seconds" that is advertised on the resources page on this website: https://whitewomenblackmen.com/resources.php

It was definitely an entertaining film. If any of y'all still haven't seen it, go check it out.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. darkcurry

I seen it. For it's time it was a pretty good action flick. I liked how Kelly and Jack's relationship turned out. They had us with thinking that they were just another flirty IR buddy connection with nothing more beyond that. Didn't see it coming though because the twist with Suza was surprising.

This is what Murder at 1600 with Nina & Regis and Kiss The Girls with Kate & Alex should've been. Along with other countless buddy IR. lol.

5. ColiBreh1

Yeah, the trailer makes it seems like Kelly is the love interest. But when you watch the film, Snipes' character, Jack, already has a girl, Souza. And a big part of the plot of the film is Jack risking his life trying to rescue her. So depsite Jack & Kelly flirting thoughout the film (often using sexual innuendos), you write it off as harmless flirting & joking because of Jack being committed to Souza and the dynamic of Kelly being a LEO & Jack being a wanted criminal who committed crimes against her. Jack & Kelly ending up together at the end of the film was a surprising twist, I wasn't expecting that.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Just saw this movie, the IR relationship doesn't work out because Milana Vayntrub is the werewolf who kills or manipulates others to kill most of the town and she tries to kill Sam Richardson, but she is killed by an old lady at the end.

7. Jeffrey Tripp

Is there any kissing or anything?

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

nope, they flirt and they almost kiss but they get interrupted and after that, the killing starts and the romance subplot goes out the window.

9. Jeffrey Tripp

Well that's a waste, damn shame because Vayntrub is hot.

10. ColiBreh1

Finally watched "Buffaloed" last night. I can't help but chuckle at the fact they hid the 'ship from the trailer. You'd assume that Zoey Deutch's lead character had no love interest based on the trailer.

Do have list of these type of films?

11. darkcurry

List?

12. ColiBreh1

List of notable buddy IR films.

13. darkcurry

Along with the ones I named

Murder at 1600
    Kiss The Girls
    The Long Kiss Goodnight
    Ghost Of Mars
    Pelican Brief
    The Bone Collector
    Virtuosity
    I, Robot
    Dropzone
    Twisted
    Secret In Their Eyes

14. Jeffrey Tripp

And you know if those Black male leads were white there would have been plenty of intimacy. Denzel, Will, Wesley etc would have had some great sex scenes with those white female leads.

15. ColiBreh1

While randomly browsing Amazon Video, I saw this 2020 indie film "How The Light Gets In":

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7536276/
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B08F51FNTF/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. darkcurry

The Sleepless

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

18. darkcurry

Looks intriguing. Has a bit of a Wesley Snipes-esque late 90s/early '00s action thriller type of vibe to it with a modernized environment... if that makes any sense. lol.

This took a long time to release. I remember this being mentioned back in the Upcoming IR thread a couple years ago. They changed the title too.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  19. ColiBreh1

Wait a minute, is the female lead of this movie the AT&T girl?

20. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Yes.