Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I have a feeling it's going to end badly(whacked) though. lol.

2. BabyFatman

BabyFatman Member

Yeah without giving too much away it didn't end well for the people involved. But like the spoilers said, there was interracial angle with Leslie Odom Jr and Michela De Rossi

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^^ The way it happened . . . she was ASKING to be whacked and you could see it coming light years away lol.

I hope that this movie does well in its metrics and it probably will. HBO would like to do a series of movies with how this one ended and I'm here for it with my new yearly subscription at %16 off ;)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  4. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I definitely need a spin off about Leslie Odom Jr's character.

5. Young Herschel

If the reviews are good . . . I'm certain they do another Sopranos movie featuring Michael Gandolfini as Young Tony. Perhaps Leslie's character will return too but I don't see HBO jumping into a spin-off prematurely for a new character no one knew of previously

6. Jeffrey Tripp

People know Leslie's character now and there is something to build off of.

7. Young Herschel

Yes that's correct but you have to understand . . . HBO did not make this movie for us . . . they did it for the HBO Sopranos faithful who are the subscribers from the early 2000's and fit a certain demographic. They would do another movie for Young Tony Soprano or maybe another central character from the Emmy winning series like Young Paulie who has a tie -in to the main series. If we see Leslie's character again it won't be in his own spin-off I'm quite certain . . . not next for sure.

8. Jeffrey Tripp

I get all that but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. As a matter of fact the director said in an interview that Harold is the character most deserving of a spin off.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. darkcurry

CYRANO Trailer (2021)

Kelvin Harris, jr. as Christian and Haley Bennett as Roxane

On the surface it looks like a love triangle but based on the play it...
    kind of is, but also kind of not. She wind up marrying christian in the stageplay, but he winded up dying. And Cyrano out of respect decides not to tell her his love for her. Both suitors die in the end. Pretty messed up ending with the play...
    Don't know how they'll do the movie version.

10. Jeffrey Tripp

So based on that I take it Kelvin is the actual love interest and the other guy is unrequited.

11. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

You are not familiar with Cyrano?

12. Jeffrey Tripp

I've heard of Cyrano of course but I'm not deeply knowledgeable.

13. ENKI

ENKI New Member

From the movie: "Venus as a Boy" featuring former miss USA universe contestant Olvia Culpo:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. darkcurry

Demigod (2021)

Out this friday on October 15th.

As mentioned in the 'Horror movies with IR elements' thread by @BabyFatman .

15. themaster

themaster Active Member

Very cool, nice to see olivia in that kind of role

16. darkcurry

A CLICHE INTERRACIAL LOVE STORY

Kind of a throwback thursday. But this is a short film with Natalia Dyer aka Nancy Wheeler from Stranger Things. Before the fame. Very funny! lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. JamalSpunky

So glad I didn't pay actual money to see this in theaters. The narrative was so disjointed for one thing. But this IR angle was so insulting and deflating for those hungry to see any representation of BM/WW. Don't believe the hype, the filmmakers and writers didn't do us any favors with this sub-sub-subplot. She pretty much said she slept with him out of curiosity of sleeping with a black man, wondering if it would be different. And the suggestion seemed to be that black guys weren't any better than Italian studs or maybe not their equal. She never had any true feelings for Odom's character and even claimed she only slept with him that one time, likely largely out of spite. Her true love obviously was for the lead character, a married man who for years denied her business dreams and had to hide her from public. But he's a WHITE MAN so it was worth wanting him anyway. Fuck David Chase. The only thing that I give props to regarding that storyline was that it was on-point in depicting the uncontrollable rage a white guy would display in learning that his fucking mistress slept with a Negro. This was the purest example of the type of IR portrayal that this board hates to see.

Also I still don't get the Leslie Odom hype. He is on of those black actors who is always getting roles, more so than better options. But he is not threatening to white male Hollywood. He is an average or less than average size guy with average looks.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Yes indeed. Like l said before we got to list the lR art of movies,tv,and stream ones that live up to our expectations.

19. JamalSpunky

Had this in my IMDB watchlist for awhile, waiting to see if there was a guarantee of an IR. Hadn't realized they finally got around to releasing a trailer. The black actor (Ty Hodges) also wrote and directed the movie indicating there is at least one black male artist unafraid to star in and or make a movie in which a black male lead isn't attached to the hip of black women.

20. Jeffrey Tripp

It's a Soprano prequel were you expecting a love story? But I do agree fuck David Chase. I will say that Odom's character was shitting on them mafia dudes.