Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

This movie is far beyond ridiculous and unrealistic. And I have watched it multiple times LOL.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watching "Life in a Year" right now. Interesting they went the same route as the "Cloak & Dagger" tv show where the black dude is from a upper middle class family, while the white chick is poor.

EDIT:

Just watched the big reveal scene during the 28-29 minute mark. The class difference between them is kinda of an afterthought now.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Werewolves Within - Official Movie Trailer (2021) Milana Vayntrub, Sam Richardson

Usually horror-comedies are more of a miss than a hit, but Sam and Milana are funny and the trailer looks promising.

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Nice! I was going to post this a couple weeks ago, but I wasn't sure if there was actually a WWBM angle or not. Are you able to confirm?

Edit: One more thing! My fave werewolf movie of all time (An American Werewolf in London) was an excellent horror comedy, actually establishing the subgenre.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. darkcurry

It's subtle but just pay attention to the bar scene and Sam's voiceover. I don't think they're going to be in big romance because it's not that type of film but the trailer hints at a date and a connection between the two.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I picked up on that. Just didn't want get anybody's hopes up since I wasn't sure they'd follow through.

7. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

I was seeing some clips from the movie Mean Girls and while this movie is very white and there isn't no BM/WW couple there for sure, i still could see some BM/WW nods there, nothing really impressive, but stillo_O.
    Like this scene

Lindsey's character came from Africa and she had a short flashback about when she was a kid and had a crush on this black cute boy who rejected her.
    And this other scene with Tina Fey who play a divorced teacher. The principal guy from the high school was a black attractive man and i feel like he had a crush on Tina's character but she downplayed it or didn't got much attention because her character just got a divorce and the movie narrative was more about the young cast. It's just a case of IF happened or
    ALMOST storyline.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

If it was made within the last 5 years they would've went there... probably. lol.

9. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Any ya'll see Black Widow yet? Embargo is lifting and the Rick Mason character is in it, and hoped he and Black Widow do something.

10. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I remember the Tina Fey part. The principal was played by Tim Meadows from SNL (he also played The Ladies Man). He hit on her but she brushed it off because of her recent divorce. It was reasonably funny f I remember correctly.

As for Miss Lohan, didn't she turn out to be racist? Or am I thinking of Paris Hilton?

11. chamber

chamber Active Member

Rollers

12. ColiBreh1

I haven't watched the trailer, but if this is the same Sam Richardson from the 2020 film "Hooking Up" we discussed in this thread.....SMH. Dude doesn't have leading man looks, he's a character actor.

13. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

I hate teasing, got the guts to tease but not to actually go there.

14. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. This movie is from 2003 or 2004, they weren't much progressive compared with today, the lack of IR isn't a surprise. Things are getting a little better now.

15. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

But that works for a comedy, right? And besides, isn't it good to see a black dude without "leading man looks" get to be the leading man, especially if he ends up with Milana Vayntrub (fingers crossed!)? Lol

16. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Yeah she's hot, and yes a brotha that looks like Sam Richardson getting to be a leading man love interest to white actresses like Milana Vantrub and Brittany Snow is a sign of progress as far as I'm concerned. It's kind of like Don Cheadle in House of Lies.

17. ColiBreh1

Still haven't watched the trailer, but the way you & @darkcurry described it, sounds like the movie is part RomCom. Even RomComs usually don't have chubby dudes as the male lead.

What??!! Don Cheadle was already a proven male lead in Hollywood films by the time he did "House of Lies". How is comparable to Sam Richardson?

18. darkcurry

[​IMG]

They do this all the time with white guys that don't have "leading man" looks. Jack Black, Seth Rogen, Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Seth Rogen, Seth Rogen.

Plus dude is funny and has handled his own. Let the brotha shine. lol.

Michael B. Jordan, Mahershala li, Idris Elba, Rege Jean-Page are still out there. I don't mind it one bit especially since it's okay with white males.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's part rom-com. I'm not even sure there's any wwbm romance at all. There's a tiny hint at it in the trailer, so we're just wishfully thinking.

And I don't know if Cheadle was a proven solo lead before 'House of Lies,' but I don't really care. He's the man. And 'House of Lies' is definitely in the running for the GOAT wwbm series.

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

**round of applause** You hit it right on the head. I was thinking of posting that same sentiment.

Also, I think Sam Richardson is an attractive enough dude. He's one Marvel movie workout/diet/HGH/steroids makeover away from being a heartthrob lol

Edit: Here's him with his ex-gf. She obviously thought we was doing okay lol.
    You can't tell me he's not at least a step above peak Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen (and I like a lot of their movies lol)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021