Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

You think it could be mixed with Arab,lndian, or lndigionous women. Seems to be a casting shortage or a preference of bw and wm.

2. Soulthinker

I wish a movie made in Australia of a Black American expat as a detective in Sydney or Melbourne and the female client played by Margot Robbie.

3. Jeffrey Tripp

Jeffrey Tripp Well-Known Member

Damn I was just having a conversation about how they screwed over Mckay on Euphoria. lol

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't watch shows or movies where the Black Guy gets cucked.

5. Soulthinker

Which ones screwed up?

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Watched the 1995 film "Othello" starring Laurence Fishburne earlier this week:

& now currently watching the 2001 film "O" starring Mekhi Phifer

LOL, I really underestimated how similar the storylines for these 2 films would be.

7. ColiBreh1

I haven't watched "She Ball" yet, but I saw a video clip on Instagram that confirms that it's a romantic IR in the film instead of just a buddy-buddy IR:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSRMKyEDuqO/

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It's the same story, literally.

9. Soulthinker

One could imagine had Paul Robeson was filmed in that play in the 40s.

10. Soulthinker

Hope to see it in the future.

11. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Because it's from the play by Shaekspare. Much like Romeo & Juliet and McBeth Othello is one of his most famous plays that thespians, playwrites and filmmakers love to remake. The original Othello in 1995 was the best one for it was the one movie where they didn't have a white actor portray him in blackface.
    [​IMG]

12. darkcurry

Ironically enough there were actually another Othello movie that came out in the same year that "O" did.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

They about to kiss twice, then something happens, they end up kissing at the end of the movie. That's all that happens.

It was free on YouTube for a minute, let me find it

14. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

15. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand are Shakespeare's ruthless couple Lord and Lady Macbeth in Joel Coen's The Tragedy of Macbeth. In theaters Dec 25 & on Apple TV Plus Jan 14.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  16. ColiBreh1

Watching "She Ball" right now. You know you're watching a black movie when there's nonstop cameo appearances from black celebrities in the film.

EDIT:

Oh boy, 45 minutes into the film Nick Cannon's character is a pro-black who is against BM being in IRRs. Which just means Nick Cannon is playing himself in this movie. Nick used to be on that pro-black shit, but he just had a kid with some white model chick this Summer. I'm surprised nobody ever brought it up in the celebrity IRRs subforum.

EDIT 2:

[​IMG]
    Like clockwork. 15 minutes later Nick & the white chick starts feeling on up each other & are about to make out.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  17. darkcurry

I think she's mixed race if I'm not mistaken.

18. BabyFatman

BabyFatman Member

Apparently there's interracial angle in the new sopranos movie. According to the spoilers from the people that saw it in UK. I won't spoil more, cause the movie is coming out on HBO Max today.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Interesting...I do wonder if they will ever do a Sopranos Sequel.

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Looks like my Friday night viewing is set.