The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Facebook Watch is riskier than that and I seen them edit out some curse words. lol.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ok The Gifted Season 2
    Strike one
    Opening scene the have the black chick kill the only two black men on the council and the three white girls kill all the other men. Again not a single black man on there with any real power or depicted in a powerful light. Smh

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

So bad mutants killing off other bad mutants = bad???

Or put in real world equivalent : white racists women kill all of the white racists dudes within their inner clique, you sympathizing with the dudes???

Just saying....

4. The Dark King

No just pointing out the men are bad sjw continuum

5. darkcurry

They are about to introduce a black guy and I think I have an idea who he is(might be race-bending if Im correct.) as one of the most powerful mutants.

I trust this show. This is one of the most diverse shows on TV. NO where else for at least right now you are going to see an Native American & Asian IR couple. lol.

Also shatter is still on this show.

6. The Dark King

Shatter doesn't do anything barely any real screen time. I think Cloak and Dagger spoiled me. I want more of that

7. darkcurry

I understand that, but shatter is my dude and hopefully he'll get it.

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I get where you are coming from and all but still .....

Kinda like being upset that Trump doesn't have more black folks in positions of power in his cabinet or prominently on his inner circle.

9. The Dark King

I'm just saying its a great way to lose the fanbase that made the show possible in the first place.

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

True. You'd think after Zack Snyder made the DCEU super-ultra-dark they would've learned their lesson

11. RicardoCooper

Out of all the race and gender swapping right now in genre stuff, Dr. Who makes the most sense because it's baked into the premise that he can regenerate into anybody. That won't stop the white boy butthurt however

12. RicardoCooper

I don't watch the show but felt the same way about Bishop in the X-Men comics. Everybody got to be a full-on X-Man but the black dude, they made him a cop, had him lost in time, cut his hair off, etc etc

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Only way to lose the fanbase is if people saw that shit as being some kind of heroic/inspirational feminist moment. Some Evil bitches double crossing some evil bastards that were their bosses so now they are the bosses. Had it been evil dudes double crossing & killing evil dudes in that same exact manner would you still call foul as a some kind of message/hidden agenda?

Had Lorna been with them and aided in the killing, then I'd say they were trying to play it as some type of statement. But since Lorna clearly knows they are only using her as a tool/weapon to achieve their ends to become the new oppressors, same way she's using them as her tool/weapon to fight their human oppressors, it's standard villains being villains shit.

14. The Dark King

Like I said before black men are rarely represented in these shows and if they are they are ancillary at best non threatening comedy relief or sidekick at worst. I watched all last season and outside of the FBI dude no other black man had speaking roles. Then they present a black male character with some actual charisma they kill off within two minutes along with the other black guy who had a power that was actually threatening outside of brute force.
    It feels orchestrated but just my opinion. I'll patiently wait for actual black male character little black boys want to dress up as for Halloween.

15. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Umm.......what country have you been living in where you actually thought that your fellow white nerds see you as their equal? Ain't you heard? Niggers, bitches and faggots in nerdom on any level is why shit is all fucked up now. White boys taking back what they see as theirs just like everything else. All Hail God Emperor Trump. First of his name,father of fuck ups, lord of losers and idol of all idiots...

16. The Dark King

lmao good point

17. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

18. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

DC Entertainment has shared a poster and four short spotlight teasers introducing the protagonists for the DC Universe original series Titans.

Starfire, anyone? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. darkcurry

Raven has my interest.

20. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Y'all may recall Fox's Dark Phoenix was originally slated for November of this year. However, it was then pushed back to February 14, 2019. The studio even released a new trailer and poster touting that release date. But now it looks like they’ll need to update their marketing materials as the film has been pushed back again, this time to the summer movie season.

The new X-Men movie will drop on June 7, 2019.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018