NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I've met some of the most incredible Black men (not here) who understand that President Trump wants America and ALL AMERICANS to thrive. That he wants a collective powerhouse of citizens employed, contributing to the economy and protecting this slice of heaven on the planet we are blessed to be a part of. This is your country, Your home, your neighborhood - don't give it away.
    He wants to make sure whoever wants to join you, are vetted and pay their fair share. Make sure they are pro for you, for your country.

I don't understand the automatic and rabid hate from some people. They're no different than the crazy alt-right who hate everything not like them. This shit is so deep (State), it's scary at times.

I think that you haven't been exposed to other Black men (and women) who have a different perspective than the bubble one that exists here.

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That's definitely one of the more eloquent Trump defenses I've seen. I do vehemently oppose it though lol. But on a more productive note....

Trump supporters tend (largely) to fall in one of two categories: those who just want conservative policies no matter how they get em, and those who just want someone to burn down the old (unfair) system. You seem like the former; is that accurate?

Do you have any issues with his temperament or character at all? You mentioned black guys hating on Trump. But I'd actually asked about Trump's history of hating on black guys. Have you any thoughts on that?

I assume you're familiar with his greatest hits. Let me know if you're not. It should be easy to get you a list lol.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm more of the latter, actually. I really don't like the open borders/one world order or the Elites running it all. All carreer politicians make me sick.

Of course Trump says stupid things at times, he's not an orator he's from New York and he grew up with that New York State of Mind. If you come to Philly, you would be shocked at some of the way people speak to you.

As far as his record with black people. His employees always had nice things to say about him. They said that he would say hello and speak to them, from the bellhop, the bag carrier, all the way up to his Executives, that he was(is) very personable. Various organizations of the Black Community awarded him allocades before he was elected. Prominent black people loved him, dined with him, visited his homes, went on vacations with him, and it all stopped when they were told to step in line and support Hillary.

I think l know what you will bring up per the list but l will let you speak and be happy to go through the list good and bad.

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I won't have time to get into that list tonight, but let me know if you're really interesting in going down that road.

But for now, I want to ask about T's speaking. You mention he isn't a polished speaker, that he says stupid things. This is true. But his detractors aren't nearly as concerned with inartful speech as they are with what that speech says about his character/heart.

Do you have no problem with his character (as you evaluate it)?

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I understand, this site can steal your time. I'm busy for the next two day, so we can continue then if you like. I appreciate your non-mob mentality and willingness to have a normal discussion. You're a gem.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This is probably the most "woke" we can expect you to get about Trump huh?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

As the resident New Yorker Trump is far from representative of the culture or the people. He's an obvious racist who not only exercised housing discrimination based on race he also took out ads against the central park five and even when they were exonerated he double downed and claimed they had to be guilty of something. And to say he's outside of the establishment is the very definition of asinine hypocrisy. He was born into extreme wealth (nothing like everyday hard working people), he only surrounds himself with the elite (including the black people he knows) and he just signed a tax cut that will fuck over the working class in epic proportions. And this complete myth of open boarders has to stop its simply untrue. As one of the few people who comes from recent immigrants and has had family that's immigrated recently the process is incredibly hard. I've had cousins that took anywhere from 4 years to 9 years to get allowed into the country. No one is just being allowed come here and stay here without consequence.
    And for the sake of perspective there have always been misguided oppositional oppressed people. There were black people who advocated FOR Jim Crow and slavery women who were/are against women's rights Jews who supported Nazis. Just because you found black men either so deep in a bubble real world events don't effect them or they don't see themselves as "new black".

8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I did mention her being black. Post must've gotten messed up when I edited it.

But Egyptian is just a nationality. This is a black woman. May be mixed, but that's Afican blood in there

Colin_Muslin-613x345.jpg

hqdefault-1.jpg

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Being around and surrounded by Egyptian people most of my life, they have a strong identity as being Egyptian, full stop. They don't identify by race like we do in the U.SA.

However, for purposes of this discussion, she looks 100% traditional Egyptian, and yes, she most definitely has African DNA in her lineage.
    (*that top pic is like looking at my first cousin. Her name, Nessa, is Greek, also.)

10. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Agreed, and you're totally on point! As a fellow NYC native I can agree that NY'ers often tend to be a bit brash at the least. However, this POTUS is a totally different animal, and not at all like the typical NY'er.

11. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

These shits are clean!

FB_IMG_1536287030949.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Blister post a pick of her New Balances yet? Lol

13. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I can't believe Marcellus went there.

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

And just what racism does. It turns people on each other. Especially black people. Smh. Also I would like to note we have seen what Kim Kardashian is doing when it comes to prison reform and she has layed it out. I'm still waiting on what Jay-Z and The NFL plans are on social justice. Because they didn't seem to go into much about that.

16. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

He's always been about ownership to help your own people rather than waiting on others. I'm eager to see where it goes too.
    And dude says Kap ain't black enough needs to go somewhere else with that nonsense. Plain and simple dude is doing the work and was taking the consequences for it. Just because it eventually worked out doesn't erase the years dude's livelihood was effected and them dragging his name through the mud.
    Now if it weren't for that piece I'd agree. I do have an issue with racially ambiguous people being the face of black oppression but in this instance Kap is right where he should be.

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Colin is still trying to get hired by a company he sued and agreed to a confidential settlement.
    Why?

J-Z discouraged other artists to boycott the halftime show but now wants to control it himself. In a bid to eventually become a part owner of a team.
    Why?

Why not just start another League and he can own a team and even hire Colin?

18. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

19. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I wonder what percentage of those that complained about Jay-Z were actually boycotting.

As for me, I couldn't care less about the NFL. I already banned them for life. In 2019, if you can't find another way to entertain yourself then you're part of the problem.