NFL QB National Anthem Protest

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Thump, Aug 27, 2016.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Boom.

As a sci-fi geek I really don't get too much into sports. I watch every now and then... more so if the game is exciting.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

He just did an interview with DJ Vlad talking about it:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

If people would just stop trying to speak for their entire race, gender..oh fuck it people are addicted to thinking they're always right.:rolleyes:

Anyway #TeamKap
    [​IMG]

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

From article:
    "Ice Cube stopped by to chop it up with fellow rapper T.I. on his brand new podcast, expediTIously, where he explained that he has "no problem" with Jay-Z's NFL partnership.

"The NFL could never solve the problem that [Colin] Kaepernick was talking about. It's apples and oranges. Kap is talking about police brutality. The NFL has nothing to do with that. All the NFL has is a platform, and they're willing to use their platform, now, to speak out against it. So, let's use the platform. Let's let them spend that money. Why let them off the hook? And they're using somebody who can give money back to the culture. So, I don't have a problem with it, whatsoever," Cube said.

L.L. Cool J also appeared as a guest on the show gave his two cents:

"Personally, I understand what [Jay-Z's] doing. I get it, and I see the vision, but at the same time, I do understand there are some people who cannot get past the pain."

5. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

Right, so how is the platform being used to speak out against police brutality by Jay Z? Where's the discussion about inequities in the criminal justice system?

That was the fucking point of the protests, not to get some token Negro a small percentage of ownership in in an NFL franchise so that the league can pat itself on the back.

He's out there giving donations to groups that demonize Black hair.

Cutting locs off of Black boys "for a better life."

Half the motherfuckers in the NFL got locs. So does Jigga.

This shit is a joke.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019