IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Black Twitter has been arguing about some female Singer named Snoh Aalegra all day. I googled her & looks like she's a Swedish-Persian R&B Singer. She put out this music video a couple weeks ago with Michael B. Jordan playing the main love interest:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

They're dating - https://www.eonline.com/news/110261...-aalegra-romance-with-steamy-whoa-music-video

and after the news broke that they were together it seems folks went and dug up old tweets(because that's the thing they do when they don't like somebody) and found the n-word being said on her account back in 2016 which she cleared up on that same day as her friend sevn playing around on her account. Some folks believed her and others haven't.

But it looks like MBJ found a loop hole in being able to date outside his race while dodging the venom because this Snoh girl has a fan base consisting of black women that are defending her over this n-word controversy and HER relationship with MBJ. https://twitter.com/snohaalegra/status/1209572230126096385

And the song is already over a million so it's pretty popular now. So I think he'll probably stick to dating girls that are famous to weather the backlash over him dating whomever he pleases.

As for the song itself. I like her laid back, soft R&B vibe to it.

3. darkcurry

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

She is Swedish Persian.

5. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Whoa. Hot hot. If these two weren't hitting it, l would be very surprised. The way he looks at her. So damn sexy.
    Top comment of course is mocking him. They're so jealous of his handsomeness, sexiness and his choice in women.

7. ColiBreh1

8. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

This just won a Grammy for R&B Song or R&B Duo of the Year. And I never heard of it before! Shows you how much I pay attention to radio and/or maybe how out of touch the Grammy are. Anyway there is some sweet melody here but its the type of Saturday morning R&B radio I tend to not care for. But I love me some Jo Jo and I'm happy for her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

IMO, this was the Grammys just not wanting to give Chris Brown an award.

10. ColiBreh1

I took the time to finally check out the singles from Madonna's R&B-influenced 6th album from 1994 "Bedtime Stories" & I was surprised to see this in the music video for the 1st single "Secret":

11. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Zara Larsson's new video Talk about Love ft. Young Thug

some screencaps
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. ColiBreh1

13. ColiBreh1

This is currently a huge hit:

14. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

15. Observeree

Observeree New Member

I thought I read somewhere that the guy she is dancing with in this video is actually her boyfriend.

16. darkcurry

17. ColiBreh1

18. ColiBreh1

19. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

20. darkcurry

lol. Hopefully a better outcome! lol!!