IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Looks like 2 Freeform/ABC Family stars did a music collab together:

EDIT:

Interview:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ColiBreh1

3. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Taylor Swift - Lover

5. GAmomlisa

Wow! Now this is progress! I think Taylor has definitely been opening up as a person and an artist, and this is more evidence

6. darkcurry

I'm still on the outs with her, but this is the second time actually she'll have a black love interest as she is in the movie CATS with Jason Derulo. I know some on here say that don't count since they're not all the way human they're humanoid cats(LOL) but I was shock that she would do it ANY kind of IR with a black man. But she is either getting on board with everyone else and sincerely being diverse or she just wants publicity. It's hard to trust Taylor. But it is interesting that the title of her album is called Lover and the music video for the song features an IR Family. So maybe she did sincerely included an IR couple.

I tell you what though her fans are LOVING it. "#LoverMusicVideo Interracial" and "#LoverMusicVideo black man" was trending which is how I discovered it and they're mostly positive comments. With the only few ones saying something bad are the Beyonce fans.

7. ColiBreh1

LOL! For the last year or 2, I've felt Taylor Swift has been trying to prove how liberal she is. Looks like I was right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. darkcurry

Another reason why I say I question the sincerity because when people do shit for political reasons they be fake as hell. But again it is the title track of her album so we'll see. She's the third mainstream pop star of this era to have a black love interest in her music video. The other two were Ariana Grande(of course) and Demi Lovato. Correct me if I'm missing someone.

9. GAmomlisa

Well I think Ariana probably prefers her chocolate in real life too lol, but I guess we'll know if its real or not if taylor breaks up with her current bf and suddenly is seen out with Jason Derulo or something lol

10. darkcurry

I didn't know she was currently with somebody. I haven't heard anyone mention it on my end.

11. GAmomlisa

Yeah, I havent heard much about it either. Apparently shes currently dating a british guy named joe alwyn

• List
  12. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

She's been dating Alwyn very publicly for over a year. He was in 'The Favorite" and during awards season she often accompanied him to awards ceremonies, in fact she was seated at one of the designated tables for the cast and crew of "The Favorite" during this year's Golden Globes. Recently she reportedly purchased large property in England to split time between countries because he still spends a lot of time in his native country. I'm guessing the song "London Boy" on her latest album is inspired by him.

• List
  13. GAmomlisa

Yup, word is that Idris Elba will appear in the video for london boy. I assume theres no love interest between them obviously lol, but hey, at least shes putting some eye candy in her videos! haha

• List
  14. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I found out today that the name of Swift's "Lover" co-star is Christian Owens, and they've worked together in the past. He actually toured with her in 2015 and 2018 as a backup dancer. So maybe the music video gave them the chance to live out a fantasy - in more ways than one. LOL

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. darkcurry

I'm assuming it has to do with this line that begins the song off “We can go driving on my scooter … you know, just round London,”

Found out it's a soundbite from when Idris Elba was doing an interview talking about a date with a female.

If he's going to be in the video as the love interest that will be very interesting that the two songs about her boyfriend "Lover" and "London Boy" features a black man as her love interest.

16. jxsilicon9

jxsilicon9 Active Member

She's about that money. Her audience are millenials and generation z. They're more progressive than previous generations. That's why all these companies are doing these woke promotions. Taylor team know what they're doing with the progressive push. That's why she came in first with celebrity earnings.

17. darkcurry

So everybody wins then. lol.

18. ColiBreh1

19. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Madonna started out this way...

can be a money grab at first but then turn into a love affair...

20. darkcurry