IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That don't matter. You know they pick they're spots on what to be upset about it. But the backlash don't have to be big. In fact in some cases the media and others in the industry blow the backlash up making it bigger than it actually is. But that's what Im saying as to why there isn't two black men in this mini love triangle. She could have had people involved in the video not want to do it out of fear of those certain people along with the media blowing the backlash up even if it's small or if she even gets it at all. It's about just the fear of it happening sometimes.

2. chamber

chamber Active Member

Atlanta based Indie Folk musician Faye Webster features her black bassist boyfriend in a lot of her videos. Webster's Better Distractions was on Barack Obama's favorite songs of 2020 list.

3. Legion

Legion New Member

Rhye - helpless

4. darkcurry

Great find! I think I found a new artist I'm feeling. Her sound and lyrics are really good. I really like this one.

5. darkcurry

I put this in two threads because I'm not sure what it is. lol.

But does anyone know if this is Jennifer Connelly? She favors her alot!

6. Summerred

Summerred Well-Known Member

:)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Can't forget this classic from 2001:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. ColiBreh1

Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  9. ColiBreh1

Dru Hill's 1998 hit "How Deep Is Your Love" from the "Rush Hour" soundtrack:

10. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

F
    Forever a classic!

11. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

12. ColiBreh1

R&B group Next's 2000 hit "Wifey":

Had to chuckle at whoever is casting director of this music video. If a popular hit R&B song with this exact same song topic came out with this music video nowadays... wow the internet reaction wouldn't be pretty. Especially the last 32 seconds during the outro segment of the song.

@JamalSpunky

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  13. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I really like next even bought their second album back in law school. Funny how B2K just took over at the time (smdh). There was room enough for everyone to eat I thought anyway lol should have been.

14. Young Herschel

Oh I thought this was the first video "NEXT" released as it has a very prominenty positioned blonde beauty in it :) This one though was a hit too!!

15. ColiBreh1

Ehhh... B2K was in a different lane than other popular male R&B groups in the early 2000's. They were basically a black boy band & had a younger audience.

Are you talking about the "Butta Love" music video?

16. Young Herschel

I was wrong lol. The white girl never got centre stage really now that I rewatched "Too Close" which was #1 on the R&B charts for a minute.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. ColiBreh1

Bel Biv Devoe's 1990 hit "B.B.D. (I Thought It Was Me)?":

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. darkcurry

Looking back at this she looks familiar now. Any idea who she is? I might search for her if you don't know. Because I think I seen her before.

19. daemonova

daemonova Well-Known Member

20. fly girl

fly girl Well-Known Member

Love this video…