IR in Music Videos thread

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Nellie, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I get that but you missed the part where I acknowledged marriage as an emotional decision that just needs to be balanced with logic. Not replaced with logic that's impossible.

I recognize the limits of logic. It's almost useless with people, but I can still use it to help guide my reasoning. The insurance example was pure logic in risk assessment. People can understand that yet ignore it, I choose not to.

2. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

The divorce insurance sounds like a promising business idea, you should go for it.

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It's a horrible idea but that's the point. Insurance base their policies on probability risk accessment. The likleyhood of divorce is too high. I would go bankrupt quickly trying to do that.

4. Madeleine

If the risk is high the contributions will also be high. Then also you put some limits in the small print that ensure you don’t have to pay everything. There are lots of scared men out there, they will sign whatever lol.

5. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Understandable. But, you aren’t a man, so it isn’t an odd thing for me to tell my offspring.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. Maybe the lawyers can try it. That's not how us analytical guys put our skills to use. That's a court case just begging to happen.

7. Madeleine

Lol
    One thing I believe is that one doesn’t really know what it’s like to have a child until one experiences it. Everything before that is just theory. Also I think the desire of humans to procreate can’t be explained logically because it doesn’t come from that place. It’s more like an instinct and the satisfaction people get out of it is also on a very primal, non-intellectual level.

8. Madeleine

Apparently it already exists, google says. There’s “ wedlock” in the US and ARAG in Germany and an insurance company in Switzerland as well that offers divorce insurance.

9. meowkittenmeow

I happen to agree there. Children are individuals. So the assumption that a child is going to find it odd is equally ridiculous as the assumption that a child won’t. So, the reality is that you can never really know for sure as your “experience” is solely a product of your own children.

The same can also be said for knowing what it’s like for a black man in America and the issue of marriage, divorce, custody, etc. but, of course, that hasn’t stopped you from attempting to argue the point. ;)

Therefore, it stands to reason that my opinion is just as relevant or irrelevant.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It can't possibly work in the USA. At least not the way we were discussing it. Insurance companies don't make money by being foolish, and their lawyer's are there as a backup. The work that the actuaries do is how the business functions as a financial institution. Risk vs reward.

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

12. meowkittenmeow

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What an odd story.

Strange that he would marry her of all people. I Don't feel bad for him at all. That was a huge red flag he ignored. LOL

This is one fate I won't see.

Never fought or cried over a woman, never will.

Hince the allegory of Samson and Deliah. If a man completely gives to emotion, he loses his way.

Cut off from his source of strength he buckles in vulnerability. Unable to cope, his spirit bends or breaks, ending his life or changing him forever.

First world problems

14. meowkittenmeow

3rd world wives and husbands do dirt as well. Seen it a thousand times. The dirt they do may seem slightly more simple, but, it’s still dirt.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I would think the third world guys would be less likely to eat 45 acp over it.

16. meowkittenmeow

Depends on the country, some would bury the wife alive, others would stone her to death, in India, he would have to prove wrongdoing to get a divorce meanwhile she could get a divorce by claiming dissatisfaction. It really depends.

17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The more I learn about India, the more it sounds like a nightmare. Probably the worse place on Earth for a black man.

18. meowkittenmeow

it’s less than desirable.

19. ColiBreh1

20. ColiBreh1