BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

More random Whiskey Cavalier tonight. The black nerd led the team tonight. Had a brief video chat with his hot spy gf. She called him boo lol. That's it.

Edit: She showed up at the end for kissing and a brief threat to shoot him lol. Nice ending

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just read this article from a couple weeks ago: http://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/wh...-bloom-janet-montgomery-on-new-amsterdam-.php

Anyway I watched this week's season 1 penultimate episode last night. Janet Montgomery returned for a couple of scenes in the episode & she definitely looked like a woman who recently had a kid. Her outfit looked like it was trying to hide the baby weight. Her storyline in the episode made it seem like she's being written off the show for good. But according to this other article from Yesterda, she's definitely gonna be back in next week's season finale & in season 2: http://www.pajiba.com/tv_reviews/what-happened-to-maxs-wife-georgia-goodwin-on-new-amsterdam-.php

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching this show in weeks because of how slow it's been going. But are they still playing with the IR arch between her and Floyd?

4. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

About that....
    No, I think that ship has sailed. The black doctor is in a serious relationship with the hospital's black attorney. This last episode, he was bringing her home to meet his family.

That's why I think they're just going the route of deep male-female friendship with this one. He has definitely made it clear that their friendship is very important to him.

5. ColiBreh1

@qaz1 Might be right. But seeing how the first half of the season played out, it's obvious Janet Montgomery's pregnancy fucced up whatever the writers had planned out for that love triangle in the 2nd half of the season. We still gotta see how it plays out in the future to be sure.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

@ColiBreh1 All of that sounds right to me.

7. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

On Station 19 there's a potential pairing between Sullivan & Hererra

[​IMG]

8. ColiBreh1

Promo for next week's season 2 finale of "Station 19":

9. ColiBreh1

I'm reading the headlines on TVLine.com right now. CBS announced a bunch of renewals & new series pick-ups Yesterday, but no news on "Fam".

There's no news on this sitcom "Our House" being picked-up either.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. darkcurry

Hasn't been cancelled or renewed.
    https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fam-cbs-cancelled-renewed-season-two/

Much like The Innocents it's in limbo. The networks aren't saying anything about them. I don't understand that when they do that.

11. ColiBreh1

Today is the Friday before Network upfronts, so the decision on "Fam" is gonna be announced today.

• List
  12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I read that Fam was their second lowest rated new comedy, with the lowest being that Damon Wayans Jr. show. I'm not expecting good news. Terrible shame SMH

13. darkcurry

Not so sure about that...
    Fam averaged over 5.5 million viewers even beating out in that time slot fan favorite The Good Place over at rival network NBC a couple times. Their HOUR long crime drama SWAT which comes on AFTER Fam average a lower 5.2 million viewers and they renewed that.

So if that is the case then their ceiling is too high and they are not allowing tv shows to build off of a pretty good foundation like Fam had with that average rating.

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Well this wouldn't be the first time a solid show was cancelled too soon lol.

Here's where I got my info: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-guide-whats-new-renewed-canceled-far-1204461

Here's the part about Fam....
    Fam | The midseason multicamera comedy created by Corinne Kingsbury and starring Tone Bell and The Vampire Diaries fan favorite Nina Dobrev never really caught on. The series got off to a rocky start after showrunner Bob Kushell was fired after he allegedly used inappropriate language on the set of the midseason comedy. Despite a marketable star and being owned in-house (and hailing from prolific producer Aaron Kaplan's Kapital Entertainment), Fam finished the season as CBS' second lowest-rated comedy.

Apparently I was wrong before, Fam was the lowest rates comedy overall, not just among new comedies. All that said, I'm still REALLY hoping to see it renewed.

Edit: You also mentioned The Good Place, another favorite of mine. That shows ratings haven't been great either. But I found this article, which discussed how it may be more popular than traditional ratings show.

https://observer.com/2018/12/the-good-place-season-3-netflix-return-date-ratings/

• List
  15. ColiBreh1

Fam's ratings vs a show on another Network doesn't matter, Especially if they don't both air in the same timeslot. What matters is Fam's ratings vs other CBS shows

16. darkcurry

Fam and The Good Place were in the same time slot. And on Thursdays They were third in the line up next to Young Sheldon and The Big Bang Theory.

17. darkcurry

Fam and The Good Place were in the same time slot. And on Thursdays They were third in the line up next to Young Sheldon and The Big Bang Theory.

18. darkcurry

As I said their ceiling is too high if THAT'S what they're going by with a new show that had a good foundation of a average 0.88/5.597 million viewers. You can certainly build off of that. They have The Big Bang Theory Leaving this year and have cancelled other comedy shows. It sounds like they're just not giving them a chance and looking for a homerun in a shows first season.

I fault dinosaurs(old folks) and greedy out of touch with audiences people for cancelling some of these good shows. lol.

19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

All of that makes sense to me. People don't remember that Seinfeld wasn't any good at first. If it debuted these days, it probably wouldn't get a second season pickup. SMH

20. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

They are trying to survive, since cable is dying and everything is switching to streaming. Desperation.