Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I know I saw the movie I just used the first pic that came up on google image. lol.

2. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^ What do you think happened in shooting scenes for "Hell's Kitchen"? The director made some effort to shoot a beautiful post marriage scene then . . . scrapped it after financing it?

3. darkcurry

You know when you think about it they could've shot these scenes including the love scenes as well but then just scrapped it. It has happened before, obviously.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Young Herschel

^ But he PURPOSELY put an inherently emotional scene between lovers on a basketball court with a BIG, ASS FENCE to separate an expectant young white mother and her black paramour so they couldn't kiss and embrace lol. I'm skeptical it was an innocent omission in lieu of what we know overall but you may be right . . . seemed staged strategically though

5. Young Herschel

I'm finally . . . and I mean FINALLY watching a good historical IR movie on Netflix courtesy on Warner Brothers Spain: "Palm Trees in the Snow"

I'm impressed by the amount of capital the WB invested in this project. As a history B.A I never knew colonial Africa could look like Cuba but it kinda does. Only 40 minutes in but I can see where the IR scenes are likely to come from . . . this is a very impressive endeavor
    As a hobbyist who delights in really racial roleplaying I have found inspiration for new scenarios lol.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Netflix dropped this trailer yesterday for a Teen RomCom film called "The Last Summer":

Looks like Jacob Latimore's character is in a Triangle with Halston Sage & Tyler Posey's characters.

7. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

8. darkcurry

Like Sex Education and Set It Up it looks like another throwback Teen RomCom with IR being apart of it. I'm diggin' it. We're getting the same thing with Stranger Things this Summer.

Jacob seems to be a part of the main cast so it's more than likely a love triangle the brotha wins. lol. But I get where you are coming from. I'm tired of it too, bro. lol.

9. Young Herschel

It's a teen summer flick about the unlimited potential and innate freedom of College Freshmen rising from the ashes of high school . . . love triangles? I had lust pentagons so let the chips fall where they may. Isn't that what Summer should be like for teens?

10. ColiBreh1

According to Wikipedia, "Someone Great" dropped on Netflix this past weekend.

Here's the trailer:

@darkcurry @qaz1 Y'all seen it yet?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  11. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

No, I haven't checked it out. And with Avengers: Endgame and everything else out, it may be this weekend or after before I get to it. But let me know what you think, and I'll do the same.

12. darkcurry

I didn't see it. I might check it out since Lakeith Stanfield is in it. I like him. The trailer is not that funny to me to be honest, but looks like everyone just having fun. Something about says they're trying to cater to all the demographics usually they over do it when that happens, but it just kind of reminds me just a fun young flick.

I wonder why haven't Gina Rodriguez been out and everywhere promoting this though. She is a media darling. And have loads of celebrity friends where they at? lol.

13. ColiBreh1

"Someone Great" has positive review percentages on Rotten Tomatoes from both critics & viewers, but Netflix puts out some much content I think it's normal for a lot of original Netflix content to not get promoted.

Anyways remember what I said when I originally posted about this movie back in early January:

"At the same time, Gina Rodriguez has said/done multiple questionable things in the past + Lakeith Stanfield been doing the "BW is God" act in the past, so I'm sure this pic & upcoming film will not go over well on the hater site I like to whine about, Black Twitter, IG comment sections, & etc."

14. darkcurry

The things she has done didn't seem like it was with intent though. But that crying she was doing on Sway was cringe-worthy. Even though she made some good points.

Yeah I saw the 82% score with critics, but I didn't see it trending like their other IR Rom-Coms To All The Boys I Loved Before(AW/WM) and CandyJar(BM/WW) That's how I actually found out the air date of CandyJar. Unless I missed it I didn't see this trending, but the hashtag does have a lot of positive reactions, but also some spoilers. lol. But I just checked Netflix and it is right now in their top ten trends.

And once again this is another one made by a female. The Writer & Director is Jennifer Robinson(who's also Canadian.) and Gina Produced it and casted Lakeith.

15. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

All I know was that LaKeith Stanfield was getting a lot of love on twitter these past few days from ladies of all races.

16. glassesjacket24

glassesjacket24 New Member

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. darkcurry

^^ Tomb Raider. lol. That's what I know her from. She's cute. The flick's title Born To Be Murdered sounds disturbing but the synopsis sounds intriguing.

[​IMG]

18. ColiBreh1

I just saw this pic on IMDB:
    [​IMG]

Cuba Gooding Jr. & Famke Janssen both looking washed AF.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Whoa! They are looking rough. Maybe it's just really good acting on their part lol

20. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Lol! I just looked up that movie. Cuba has himself making out with a 22 year old??? That old dog is shameless lol! You usually have to be an entitled white dude to get away with that lol. We must be making progress :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List