The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Launching November 17th

2. SilverSmith

The Stand is Stephen King's apocalyptic vision of a world decimated by (gasp) plague and
    and embroiled in an elemental struggle between the forces of good and evil.

The 9-episode series will debut on 12/17/20.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

The Boys season finale kind of played out like a SERIES finale. Very explosive, hearbreaking and heartwarming. What happened to racist site was foreshadowing.

As horrible as Homelander is he is a favorite character and we seen that even he side eyes racist site's views on race.

(without context... or spoilers.)
    "I CAN DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT!"
    [​IMG]

LMAO!!!!

4. SilverSmith

I, too, enjoyed the animated series. Speaking of which, the season 2 teaser trailer is out now.

5. SilverSmith

HBO Max Confirms Green Lantern Series

HBO Max has given out a series order to “Green Lantern.

Based on the DC Comics property, the show was first announced as being in development last year. Plot details are now available for the first time, however. The show will depict the adventures of a multitude of Lanterns, including Guy Gardner, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz and Alan Scott — Earth’s first Green Lantern, who, true to the comics, is a gay man — and many more. The series will also include fan favorites such as Sinestro and Kilowog, and will also introduce new heroes to the ranks of the Green Lantern Corps.

HBO Max has ordered 10 one-hour episodes.

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/y6zur8xf

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. darkcurry

American Gods Season 3 - Official Trailer | NYCC 2020

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I read that they are purposefully staying away from Hal Jordan and Jon Stewart because they are reserved for the movies.

I'm not sure at what point Alan Scott became gay but I know for sure he wasn't gay when he was originally created in the 1940s.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They made him gay back when DC did the New 52. They did the "Earth-2" series where a new modern day Justice Society was formed after Darkseid killed Superman, Wonder Woman & Batman of that alternate Earth. It was also the series where the Val-Zod version of Superman was first introduced.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

I enjoyed season one the most, but you won't find anything more trippy than this series on television. I was starting to worry that it wasn't returning due to factors associated with the pandemic.

11. SilverSmith

CBS All Access has released the official trailer for its adaptation of Stephen King's The Stand.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Disney+ Rebrands Non-MCU Marvel Films as Marvel Legacy

[​IMG]

Disney's streaming service Disney+ has created a new category for a certain type of Marvel film. Movies in the new Marvel Legacy category may not appear to have much connection to each other at first glance, but one thing unites them all: None belong in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Filmmakers who wanted to create adaptations of Marvel comics have long been restricted in their choice of characters by which studios had the rights to each creative property. The availability of the films on streaming services have been likewise limited. However, after the Fox/Disney merger, Disney+ now has access to both the MCU and Marvel movies which were made outside of it.

Currently, there are only seven films filed under Marvel Legacy. Five are part of the X-Men series, and the others are the 2005 Fantastic Four and the Fantastic Four reboot of 2015. Many other films have the potential to join them as Disney+ continues to build its library, considering that any Marvel film outside of the MCU's clearly defined collection appears to be eligible.

The phrase "Marvel Legacy" is appropriate for content that comes from the long-running comics publisher, especially since many Marvel films were created before the MCU came into existence. It's possible that the rebranding will come into common usage or that Disney will begin to employ it outside of the context of its streaming service.

For now, Disney+ subscribers who would like a Marvel marathon that isn't based on the MCU know just where to go.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  13. SilverSmith

Description:
    (from Netflix's web site) A commoner living in ancient Greece, Heron discovers his true heritage as a son of Zeus, and his purpose: to save the world from a demonic army.

[​IMG]

14. SilverSmith

First look at a Spider-Man: Miles Morales brawl, as Miles goes head to head against the Rhino.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

This. Is. Genius.
    [​IMG]

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The unfortunate thing about this game is that PS5s are so hard to find, so a lot of people are going to have to wait months to play this version, they will have to settle for the current-gen version.

17. SilverSmith

Sony Pictures has released the official trailer for its Monster Hunter video game adaptation, scheduled to open in theaters on 12/30/20.

18. SilverSmith

Ubisoft has released a new Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Deep Dive trailer. In the Deep Dive video, explore how to grow your settlement, customize your Viking, and even journey to new worlds as you expand your clan’s influence throughout England and beyond.

19. SilverSmith

Michael B. Jordan to Produce Static Shock Film

Michael B. Jordan is boarding Warner Bros. and DC’s Static Shock as a producer. Jordan will join
    writer/producer Reginald Hudlin on the feature project that was first revealed during August's DC FanDome event. He will produce via Outlier Society, his Warners-based banner.

The project centers on Static, who first appeared in 1993's Static no. 1 via Milestone Comics, a company founded by Black writers and artists to help make comics a more inclusive space and which had distribution through DC.

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/yy32a66c

20. darkcurry

I'm getting 'Alice' vibes from her character in this trailer. lol.