The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

MBJ showing what we like to see more of in live action art and that's bring these black comic characters that have been around for YEARS to the movie and TV universe. Respect.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

CBS All Access Renews Star Trek: Discovery

It's official: Star Trek: Discovery is getting a fourth season – and production begins sooner than you might think.

The cast announced the decision in a video and also revealed that the show will resume filming Nov. 2. The move comes as Hollywood productions gradually restart shooting while using pandemic protection measures such as frequent testing, wearing masks while off-camera, and social distancing.

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/y4xkc2s6

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...ty-to-produce-dc-movie-static-shock-exclusive
    Michael B. Jordan, Outlier Society to Produce DC Movie 'Static Shock'

[​IMG]

Jordan will join Reginald Hudlin on the feature project that was first revealed during August's DC FanDome event.

Michael B. Jordan is boarding Warner Bros. and DC’s Static Shock as a producer.

Jordan will join Reginald Hudlin on the feature project that was first revealed during August's DC FanDome event. He will produce via Outlier Society, his Warners-based banner.

The move jolts the project up a few kilowatts, giving the cult hero some firepower as it goes into active development.

“I’m proud to be a part of building a new universe centered around black superheroes; our community deserves that,” said Jordan in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. “Outlier Society is committed to bringing to life diverse comic book content across all platforms and we are excited to partner with Reggie and Warner Bros on this initial step.”

Outlier will be in the creative center of the Static feature and for Jordan, a comic book fan, this is an opportunity for not only for some world-building but to be directly involved in franchise-building. Should the first movie spark a hit, a multi-platform franchise could be born.

The project centers on Static, who first appeared in 1993's Static no. 1 via Milestone Comics, a now-defunct company founded by Black writers and artists to help make comics a more inclusive space and which had distribution through DC.

A decade later the hero was revived for the Static Shock animated series, centering on Virgil Hawkins, a teenager who transforms into a superhero who gains electromagnetic powers after being exposed to strange gas. The series was noteworthy for being the rare animated show to be headlined by a Black character. The hero made his way to the mainstream DC Comics universe in 2008.

DC is relaunching Milestone with Hudlin, now a partner in the label, at the center of it. He is writing an all-new Static Shock digital comic series beginning in Feb. 2021, as well as an additional Static Shock graphic novel by Hudlin, with art by Kyle Baker. A series reviving Icon and Rocket, by Hudlin and Milestone founder Denys Cowan, are also in the works.

Jordan, who starred with Chadwick Boseman in the pop cultural phenomenon Black Panther, last starred and produced the legal drama Just Mercy and performs the same duties on Without Remorse, a thriller due out from Amazon next year. He next shoots and produces A Journal for Jordan, a drama to be directed by Denzel Washington.

Jordan is repped by WME, M88 and attorney Greg Slewett.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You late bruv. Silversmith beat you to the punch over an hour ago...

Sucks being old don't it...:p

5. SilverSmith

Introducing your friendly neighborhood Spider-Cat! [​IMG]

6. SilverSmith

Marvel Realm of Champions is a new imagining of the Marvel Universe that transports players to Battleworld. Pre-registration is now live.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  7. SilverSmith

3 weeks till launch.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. SilverSmith

Destiny 2 - Beyond Light

Synopsis:

The frontier of Europa holds many lost secrets from the past, including the dark power of Stasis. Work with the mysterious Exo Stranger to harness this new power before Eramis, the Kell of Darkness, bestows it on her Fallen forces.

9. SilverSmith

Part 4 - the final season - of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina premieres Dec 31st. Peep the clip.

10. SilverSmith

Netflix has revealed The Midnight Sky trailer, which previews the post-apocalyptic tale directed by and starring George Clooney. Coming to select theaters in December and to the streaming service on December 23, 2020, the film is an adaptation of the acclaimed novel Good Morning, Midnight.

• List
  11. SilverSmith

In the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla cinematic commercial, Eivor’s mission is to settle in the fertile kingdoms of England on a permanent basis, whatever the cost.

• List
  12. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Trailer

I downloaded and played the demo tonight, which includes the entire first chapter of the game, and it wasn't bad. I like that it's not like the original Hyrule Warriors. It ties in with the story from Breath of the Wild, basically a prequel, which is what I like most about it. The frame rate is a little inconsistent and the controls will take some getted to, but I enjoyed it enough that I'll keep playing once the complete version is out. The release date is 11/20/20.

Now if they'll just hurry up with the Breath of the Wild 2 (or whatever they decide to call it when they release it), but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

It is rumored that Skyward Sword may be remastered for the Switch, which would make me happy. I've never completed Skyward Sword, and it's primarily because I hate the Wii. I've played enough to know it isn't one of my favorite Zelda games, but at least it would be a lot more enjoyable to play it on a system that doesn't suck.

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've heard rumors that Nintendo is working on a Switch 2 console that will be 4K compatible it it's true I really hope they release a 3D Zelda remake collection (I missed the Gamecube and Wii Zelda games).

As for Breath of the Wild 2, Due to the pandemic the work probably slowed down quite a bit, so I think the earliest we will see it would be in the spring of 2022.

14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

That would be awesome. I bought every Nintendo system except for Wii U, so I didn't miss any of the games, but I'd be thrilled to be able to play them all on an updated version of the Switch. It would also be nice to be able to play all the hand-held games, like A Link Between Worlds, on the TV.

Yeah, I figured maybe sometime between Spring of 2022 to Spring of 2023, especially if they end up releasing it with a new version of the Switch.

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I think he had nanotechnology before Tony.

16. SilverSmith

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales developer Insomniac Games has shared a new TV spot for the upcoming PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 video game. It's an overall brief cinematic look at the new title, but it manages to get across a number of core themes and game-play bits in a relatively short time.

Source: @ Playstation

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  17. SilverSmith

Christopher Nolan's time-tripping action drama Tenet will be available on 4K, Blu-ray, DVD, and digital platforms this Dec. 15. I'm going to watch it backwards, just for fun!
    Nah, maybe not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. SilverSmith

Sony Pictures has new international Monster Hunter posters. The video game adaptation is scheduled to open in theaters on December 30, 2020.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

This makes me feel bad for the Japanese fans who constantly have to put up with the west taking their manga/anime/game/film franchises and making them unrecognizable.

20. SilverSmith

PlayStation 5 launches on November 12, and together with it, multiple games ( will take place. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Demon’s Souls are confirmed to become available at launch, as previously announced. Alongside those, hundreds of others should hit the library once the PS5 goes live.

Source: @Futuregamereleases