The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

WELCOME TO THE BLUMHOUSE

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

For whatever reason, I’m just not feeling this season like I did the first. It’s all shock value, but with a lackluster story. Outside of the WTF moments, there’s no there there.

Hopefully season 3 will be better, story wise.

3. darkcurry

lol. I'm getting the exact opposite. I like this season more. The A-Train growth is good(just wish they had more scenes.). We got more in depth about Homelander's son and Becca. Huey and Butcher growth, The racist site aka Liberty arc has been controversial but some real good storytelling about her and Homelander. Black Noir keeps getting more and more impressive. And how the media, celebrities, "heroes" and corporations are portrayed in this is SPOT ON! It shows how the public is being played and being brainwashed into worhsipping these horrible people. Like people cheering on racist site after the fucked up shit she did but because she is seen as a hero people are unaware that they are worhsipping a white supremacist which is art imitating life.

They keep the mystery of things wrapped up and then hit you with it in a BOOM, WTF type fashion. It correctly portrays the car wreck that is humanity... especially this year.

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Jurassic World: Dominion has been delayed a year to June 10, 2022, Universal announced on Tuesday.

The move comes as filming on the third Jurassic World film — and sixth overall in the dinosaur franchise — is nearing completion in England after the COVID-19 pandemic forced shooting to pause for several months. The film sees the Jurassic World cast, led by Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, team up with the original cast, including Laura Dern, Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum and B.D. Wong.

[​IMG]

https://tinyurl.com/yythx3k2

5. SilverSmith

Watch Dogs: Legion Story and Post-Launch Content

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The cartoon on Netflix was dope though

7. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

My only gripe is that we're not seeing too many POWERS this season

When we first met Queen Maeve a whole truck wrapped itself around her on impact, and A-Train was going so fast he vaporized somebody. Nothing like that this season

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah also they really toned down the sex and violence in the Boys this season.

9. SilverSmith

John Wick Hex Coming to Xbox One, Switch on December 4

Publisher Good Shepherd Entertainment and developer Bithell Games will release action-based strategy game John Wick Hex for Xbox One via the Microsoft Store and Switch via the Nintendo eShop on December 4 for $19.99, the companies announced.

John Wick Hex first launched for PC via the Epic Games Store in October 2019, followed by PlayStation 4 in May 2020.

10. samson1701

That's the thing. There's no mystery in it for me. I seeing most of the plot points coming. The only real WTF moments are how characters die.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad show. It's still worth watching. It's just not as good as the first season.

11. SilverSmith

Bungie Shows Off Destiny 2: Beyond Light's Weapons & Gear

12. darkcurry

I agree on that to some extent.
    They're focused more on story this season, but we have seen powers from racist site, Kimiko and her Brother, finally got to see some extent of The Deep's abilities, LampLighter, Black Noir & StarLight when they fought and the derange psycho Cindy. I would like to see more of Homelander's powers but because he is so overpowered and basically a "real life" version of superman he doesn't have to do much. And that goes for a lot of them.

That Black Noir vs Star Light fight was pretty good even though he was mopping the floor up with her through most of it because he is overpowered as well.. with the exception of his tree nut allergy. lol.

13. samson1701

While we’re on “The Boys,” y’all notice it was
    Mother’s Milk who got the dick wrapped around his neck?
    Couldn’t have happened to one of the other guys. Nope, had to be him.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. darkcurry

15. RicardoCooper

I peeped that. Why not Frenchy or Lamplighter? They ain't slick

16. RicardoCooper

17. SilverSmith

For this New York Comic Con‘s Metaverse, Amazon Prime Video debuted a trailer for The Expanse
    Season 5. The new season kicks off December 16, 2020.

18. SilverSmith

Amazon Prime Video Debuts Teaser Trailer for Robert Kirkman's "Invincible"

The teaser trailer gave fans their first look at what to expect from Kirkman's television adaptation of his iconic comic book, including fan-favorite characters, high-flying action, and all the gore audiences have come to expect from the Invincible comics.

The eight-episode, hour-long animated series will premiere next year.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Spider-Man 3 : Doctor Strange Is The New Mentor To Spider-Man

[​IMG]

The good and strange doctor has been caught in the spider’s web.

Benedict Cumberbatch is putting on the cloak of levitation and will reprise Marvel supernatural hero Doctor Strange for the latest Spider-Man movie installment, starring Tom Holland and being made by Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures.

The move puts Cumberbatch in the mentor role that was previously occupied by Robert Downey Jr., who played Tony Stark/Iron Man in Spider-Man: Homecoming, and by Samuel L. Jackson in Spider-Man: Far From Home, the latter reprising Nick Fury. The role gives Holland a chance to play opposite seasoned actors, gives Peter Parker a father figure and gives the movies extra star power while tying them to the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This Spider-Man project already has some unexpected ties going for it, as it is bringing back Jamie Foxx as Electro, the actor-character combo last seen in 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which featured Andrew Garfield as the web-slinging hero.

Having Strange as part of Spider-Man may help explain the return of Electro. Cumberbatch is about to begin shooting Doctor Strange sequel Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, which will explore alternate realities, and some speculate therein lies the cross-section.

Spider-Man 3 is due to begin shooting in Atlanta later in October while Multiverse of Madness is also expected to begin shooting this month, although in London. It is unclear when and where Cumberbatch will shoot his scenes.

Marvel and Sony had no comment.

Jon Watts, the filmmaker behind Homecoming and last year's Spider-Man: Far From Home, is in the director's chair for the third installment, which Sony has dated for Dec. 17, 2021, although moviegoers have now come to expect release dates to change thanks to the pandemic.

Most of the supporting cast from the previous movies — Zendaya, Marisa Tomei, Tony Revolori and Jacob Batalon — are expected to be on the call sheet when cameras roll in Atlanta.

Cumberbatch and Holland memorably first met up as Strange and Spider-Man in Avengers: Infinity War.

20. darkcurry

SNOWPIERCER Season 2 Official NYCC Trailer

Returns Jan. 25, 2021