The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You know what I watched Impulse and really liked it but I didn't catch that point. You're right they did do that whole I may be gay thing again, only difference is she was enthusiastic when she sexually experimented. I give a pass to all things Canada since they get it right far more than they get it wrong.

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Although I gave the series a strong recommendation after seeing the pilot, I have yet to see the episode that introduces the Black kid whom you alluded to. Gotta binge-watch my favorite shows soon! YouTube TV doesn't release viewing metrics, so it's going to be interesting to see whether they will renew Impulse for a second season.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Did you catch the attempted rape dream they put the black kid in? It looks like a cool sci-fi story, but all I'll say is be careful with giving anyone passes. The cast is almost all white, they could very well do away with his character.

What Canadian Shows or Movies are you talking about? The only ones I have seen where they aren't screwing over the black male characters were Continuum and Orphan Black. Am I missing some?

4. darkcurry

My main problem with the premise of Impulse is the whole teleportation powers arch in a teenage drama setting. Cloak and Dagger already has that and is way more popular so they could have trouble finding an audience, especially if people would rather see that arch on Cloak and Dagger.

5. The Dark King

Other shows like Degrassi Rookies (two of the actors from Impulse were on that show)
    I can't think of any others right now but I spent a lot of summers in Toronto growing up its a completely different world fam

6. The Dark King

I actually like it better on Impulse. Better story but I think they went overboard with wanting that kid dead after him being paralyzed. He got what he deserved but her motivation beyond that was wanting to see him dead. They could have written that better, it could have been the pay off at the end.
    She got some poor innocent kid killed and no focus on that. Weird writing but I do want to see the next season.

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

On Tyler Perry's The Haves And Have Nots there was a lot of gay IR you thought you are watching Logo.

8. darkcurry

Yeah she got A LOT of fucked up things with her. But what I meant was it is being done already with a more popular, notable character and I don't know if you watch Cloak and Dagger or not, but VERY cool story telling as well. Plus the diversity on Cloak and Dagger is of course 10x better, I'm not giving Impulse a pass with how they doing their one black male of color on the show, and how they did the Interracial relationship story. I stay aware of Hollywood's slick shit and support those out there doing what they don't want to see done with black male characters and them involved in heterosexual Interracial stories. So the edge goes to Cloak and Dagger and any other show with a great story and premise alike.

For instance The New Netflix show The Innocents that's coming soon looks real good!

[​IMG]

9. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I saw the flick Tag with homeboy who lives in Oregon has no girlfriend wheras the two WM characters were rivals for that biracial woman played by Racida Jones.

10. The Dark King

Looks interesting.
    You know now that I think about it they had another show on Netflix Inbetween where they killed the one black guy in town who had a short lived IR relationship. His sister was down to kill his killer and suddenly forgives her at the end. Very interesting trend going on.

11. darkcurry

I know what show you're talking about. They are in their third season now I believe. I haven't seen the show. But yeah The Innocents looks strong judging by the Trailer. And with Cloak and Dagger doing well and already picked up for season 2 we can maybe, MAYBE start to see a different trend. lol.

The Teaser they aired awhile back was also strong, I hope the show is as well.

I don't usually do the whole teen drama thing, but for some reason when they add sci-fi to these Teen dramas they capture my interest.

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

So looks like there's a chance "Timeless" gets picked-up by Netflix/HULU/Amazon Prime Video or we at least get a 2-hour finale film.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  13. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

Happy Luke Cage season two day, muddafukkas.

14. The Dark King

Why do they keep playing with my emotions. Damn

15. darkcurry

Same, @The Dark King
    Now I would rather they just do the movie and get it over with. I understand as @ColiBreh1 pointed out if it was budget constraints, but the show was also making NBC money that they TOTALLY missed on a opportunity in doing. This is a great show that fans and critics have LOVED and didn't deserve these games being played with them.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

A movie isn't enough, I'm hopeful a streaming service picks it up as a series.

17. ColiBreh1

WAIT, WHAT??!! If you're a fan of the show, you should be rooting for "Timeless" to get picked-up by Netflix. The 2-hr film should be a last resort in case 1 of the streaming servces don't pick-up the show. Netflix shows have different standards & live by different rules than shows airing on Network TV. So moving to Netflix would be a great move for "Timeless".

In fact seeing as how Netflix saved "Lucifer" last week by picking it up for a 4th season, I lowkey wished FOX had cancelled "Gotham" if it meant that Netflix would scoop it up instead of FOX renewing it only for a 10-episode final season.

18. SilverSmith

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DC Universe Digital Service Sets August Beta Launch
    June 28, 2018

DC Entertainment has revealed new details around its forthcoming digital service.

The company announced Thursday that it will open beta access to DC Universe in August, ahead of a full launch in fall. The subscription service will be home to a number of previously announced new original scripted television series. “Titans,” from Warner Bros. Television, is set to premiere this year, with two other WBTV live-action series, “Doom Patrol” and “Swamp Thing,” slated to debut in 2019. Also scheduled to premiere next year on the service are new series “Harley Quinn” and the third season of “Young Justice,” both from Warner Bros. Animation.

Signups for the beta launch opened Thursday on the DC Universe website.

In addition to the new original programming, DC Universe will be home to multiple library titles, the company announced Thursday, including all four original “Superman” movies starring Christopher Reeve; “Batman: The Animated Series”; the original “Wonder Woman” series; and the animated feature films “Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox,” “Green Lantern: First Flight,” and “Wonder Woman.”

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Read the full article here.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  19. ColiBreh1

Here's the trailer:

20. SilverSmith

Crazy-good launch trailer. Now, I need to brace myself for details on the subscription fee. lol

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018