The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

It does get better after that storyline is wrapped up, though. I mean, it's still batshit insane (it is Gotham after all) but this was probably my favorite season so far.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

You mean Beware the Batman, right? The CG animated show that (per usual) the purist fanboy contingent hates because it deviates from known Batman lore. Good show indeed.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

yeah sorry that's it. The one with the ninja girl as his "robin" right?

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah, Katana from the Outsiders. Too bad it didn't get a Season 2, especially since they teased Michael Holt aka Mr. Terrific as one of his business competitors early on in the series. Would have been nice to see him pop up in a couple of episodes.

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Anthem Video Game

On a world left unfinished by the gods, humanity struggles to survive in a savage environment. Equipped with incredible Javelin exosuits, a faction known as the Freelancers seeks to tip the balance in mankind’s favor.

Arriving Feb 2019.

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It looks cool, but I can't stand "shared world" shooter games, I'm a snob for good stories in games, and these games almost always put the story on the back burner.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

8. The Dark King

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL. There were rumors that Kathleen Kennedy was being thrown in the bushes & that Kevin Feige was gonna take over at Lucasfilms, but Deadline put out an article today denying those rumors: https://deadline.com/2018/06/geoff-...fficer-warner-bros-producing-deal-1202407811/

Also, I just heard that the toy/action figure sales have been garbage since TFA.

10. The Dark King

Good
    So sick of the money grabs put out dope stories we want to see

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I love what Kevin Feige has done with Marvel, but I don't want him to take over Star Wars, it would only drag him down. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Kathleen Keneddy stayed as an executive, I just want her shot calling responsibilities taken away.

Ironically enough the strategy of how to circumvent Kathleen Kennedy was created by Kevin Feige himself. For a long time, Kevin was under the thumb of Marvel CEO and president Isaac Perlmutter. Perlmutter was a cheapskate and he had zero creative vision, so Kevin Feige went over his head to Alan Horn and arranged a deal where he reports directly to Disney and no longer needs Perlmutter's permission. If an arrangement like that was made at Lucasfilm who cares if Kathleen Kennedy is still sitting in the big office.

As for who should take over as the creative head of Lucasfilm, I've heard a lot of fans calling for Dave Filoni (the creator and head writer of Clone Wars and Rebels) To tell you the truth I wasn't a big fan of the storytelling in either of those shows.

The only creative team I have a little hope for is Benioff and Weiss (Game Of Thrones) The trilogy they have planned has me a little hopeful that Star Wars can come back.

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I can't believe Disney spent approximately $250 mil to market Solo, which is equal to the amount they spent to film the movie.
    That's insane.

Why put pressure on any movie to make $1 billion at the box office just to be profitable??

I expected Solo to be on par with Logan and The Wolverine movies, which made $620 mil and $415 mil respectively.

I don't think any single character from the Star Wars universe can bank a billion dollar movie by themselves, except for Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

14. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

You beat me to it. I was just about to post this.

And that soundtrack? Nyucca I'm in here like

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So Get Out director Jordan Peele pitched a live-action Gargoyles movie to Disney but they haven't gotten back to him yet.

https://www.slashfilm.com/jordan-peele-gargoyles-movie/

Gargoyles was one of my favorite animated shows of the early 90's, I'd love to see a live-action version brought to the big screen, but only if they get Keith David to return as the voice of Goliath.

[​IMG]

16. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Jason Momoa (Aquaman), NIcole Kidman (Queen Atlanna) and Amber Heard (Mera).

[​IMG]

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II portrays the fiendish villain David Kane, a.k.a. Black Manta.

[​IMG]

Aquaman and his tyrannical half-brother Orm Marius, The Ocean Master (Patrick WIlson).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Even though I'm not such a big fan of the DC Universe, I'm still interested in catching this.

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

They couldn't find any other Polynesian actors to play in this film? Especially with his half brother. I think the wrestler Roman Reigns would've been good casting to play his half-brother. Or Jay Laga'aia from Star Wars episode II & III.

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The guy who was head of Padme's security detail?

20. SilverSmith

A few more exclusive images from Entertainment Weekly's Aquaman cover story.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018