Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah I figured that but that type of general title usually be hard to find without other info.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Netflix finally put out a trailer for "Desperados" a couple weeks & the movie premiered yesterday:

Looks Lamont Morris is a love interest for Nasim Pedrad again just like on "New Girl".

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

That connection was likely why he was brought onboard in the first place as a replacement for Jason Mitchell. Mitchell was fired in the early weeks of shooting and brought the making of the movie to a temporary halt because he was allegedly being a creep by harassing the female leads, including Pedrad. It has been seen as kind of the last straw for Mitchell 's career thus far.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I'm happy for the change. I like Lamont. Mitchell seems a bit off.

5. darkcurry

Lamont & Nasim have very good chemistry as well. So he was a great second choice.

6. ColiBreh1

Yeah Jason Mitchell always seemed like an odd casting choice. Also I'm shocked Nasim Pedrad is the lead character. I assumed Anna Camp was gonna be the lead (or it was a true ensemble) when I read the casting news last year.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  7. meowkittenmeow

They really do. I liked their relationship on new girl.

8. meowkittenmeow

She might have produced this. I remember her saying she was working with him again many many months ago on her instagram and I think lamont mentioned it on his, too.

9. darkcurry

Hendrix And The Spook

This is an interesting mix of documentary/scripted movie filmmaking. Anthony Aquarius plays Jimi Hendrix. I'm intrigued.

due out later this year.

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Julia Roberts, Denzel Washington to Star in Netflix Thriller 'Leave The World Behind'

Netflix has a come out on top of a hot bidding war that will see Julia Roberts and Denzel Washington reunite for the first time since 1993’s The Pelican Brief.

The streaming giant has landed Leave the World Behind, an upcoming novel by Rumaan Alam, with Sam Esmail, the creator of Mr. Robot and Homecoming, set to write the adaptation and direct it. Roberts and Washington are attached to star.

The novel will be published this fall by HarperCollins imprint Ecco. It follows a husband and wife as they head out to a remote corner of Long Island expecting a vacation with their teenage son and daughter. When the owners of the rental return in a panic one night after they say a sudden blackout has swept through the city, the couple aren't sure what to believe. With the TV and internet down and no cell service, the two families are forced into a tense living situation. Themes dealing with race, class, and parenthood are tackled.

Esmail had a strong relationship with Roberts after working together on series Homecoming. And Roberts, once piqued, sent the book to Washington.

Several major studio and streamers put in bids for the package, with it coming down to Netflix, Apple and MGM, each of which have spent the past several weeks vying for splashy packages, including Will Smith starrer Emancipation and George Miller's latest Three Thousand Years of Longing.

Netflix ultimately prevailed for Leave The World Behind, with sources saying that the deal is approaching the financial numbers in the range similar to Apple’s deal for Emancipation, which was over $100 million.

[​IMG]

https://bit.ly/32EDkgS

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. darkcurry

Julia finally gets her and Washington as a couple.

For real though I hope they won't ruin this because that sounds like a VERY intriguing concept.

12. darkcurry

'Berlin Alexanderplatz'

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. PrinzessinMononoke

PrinzessinMononoke New Member

die you watch it? :oops:

14. darkcurry

I'll try and check it out this week!

15. keystroke209

keystroke209 New Member

https://deadline.com/2020/07/netfli...-behind-auction-rumaan-alam-novel-1202989464/

Looks like they will be playing opposite of one another...

"Roberts will play the mother of the family that rents the house. Washington will play the homeowner."

16. darkcurry

Wow. Then they fumbled how they initially put this news out because it is trending on twitter right now with people wondering will they kiss this time and calling out Hollywood's racism over IR couples. lol.
    https://twitter.com/i/events/1285595022331490304

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

l didn't. Hope to find Black men and German women in German cinema.

18. ColiBreh1

I just saw this tweet from a NPR host: https://twitter.com/lindaholmes/status/1287379715800604673

I didn't realize so many people felt some type of way about the fact that Denzel & Julia Roberts characters didn't get together in "The Pelican Brief". I thought it was just this forum, LOL.

19. darkcurry

This tweet explains the brainwashing behind his decision that during the 90's and even some times now some black men and white women actually thinks make sense. Smh.
    https://twitter.com/KarenValby/status/1287381078974627845

20. Wallace West

Wallace West Member

It isn´t kinda toxic Denzel having to say "no" to kiss a white woman cause he knew it would bother black women? Or maybe he said this cause Hollywood it wouldn´t allow him doing that, sometimes hollywood allows kiss, but mostly, they try stopping it, or maybe both reasons. I´m reading the tweets and brainwashing is amazing. I mean, why an interracial kiss would bother anyone sane and smart? black men kissing white women it kills kittens around the world, cause wars or anything? it sounds childish and even insane.