Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Anyone in the mood for a comedy?

Hooking Up

Brittany Snow is Darla, a writer who gets fired after her sex addiction spirals out of control.

While in a therapy group, she meets Bailey (Sam Richardson), who has been recently diagnosed with testicular cancer. Coming up with a plan to regain her job, Darla convinces Bailey to embark on a cross-country road trip to relive her sexual experiences with the idea that Bailey can have “one last hurrah.”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

No homo, but Sam Richardson doesn't have leading man looks. He looks like a character actor all the way.

3. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

You can give an opinion about a dude’s looks without saying no homo. The LGBT community only log the comments of men about other men during pride week. So, you’re safe, for now...

4. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

This... sounds weird... The plot just sounds really off. Have you seen it? Was it any good?

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agreed but I'm still gonna go see it. I like the story concept.

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yes, actually. lol.

I remember this when it was posted last year. They seem to have changed the Title. Looks pretty good. Sam's character seems like he is going to bring most of the comedy.

Do you know when the release date is? I can't find it anywhere.

7. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Hooking Up will be in theaters, digital and On-demand on March 20. I'm going to choose the latter.

8. darkcurry

They gave that option to a few movies last year. I chose to do that with The Wedding Year last year because of the sex scenes. I haven't seen a sex scene in a movie theater in a long time it might be weird. So I will do the same with this one.

9. ColiBreh1

Other than maybe film nerds/critics/bloggers/etc., does anyone actually go to movie theaters to watch indie films? New indie films releases i'm interested in are automatic at home watches.

10. darkcurry

Depends on how much I want to see the film. Like A United Kingdom for an example. I really wanted to see that so I found a movie theater around my area that plays indie films.

11. ColiBreh1

I'm pretty sure "A United Kingdom" was a 20th Century Fox release though.

12. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Saban even made a movie like this.

13. darkcurry

Yeah, but it was billed as an Indie film even being nominated and winning some British Indie Film awards and I think was nominated for Indie film award here.

14. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

I have watched " Stephen King's Doctor Sleep" for a second time on a different Vizio picture setting this time - HDR Movie which provided a much improved experience from HDR Calibrated which I used originally. There are subtle horror scares from the ghosts which inhabit the Overlook Manor but were imperceptible before absent Black Detail set to High and other specifications from HDR Movie and I was just amazed at how horrified I was when those nasty decaying ghouls came creeping out the shadows lol . . . before all I heard was Dolby Atmos scary music while looking into darkness but now I know there was a great terror in that room lol

I learned this UHD 4K disc is a true Ultra Hi-Def transfer because it was shot in 6.5 K by Warner Brothers then DOWNSCALED for 4K DVD unlike most movies which are shot below 4K then UPSCALED for a pseudo 4K transfer to DVD and the audio/visual quality is very impressive as a result.

This is easily one of the best horror films and arguably the most underrated of last year. Even more well presented is how effortless the upper middle class IR family is portrayed. A birthday party for Abra with all the bells & whistles in an upscale New Hampshire neighborhood :). Her parents clearly adore her and provide an environment where she can flourish and grow to her full potential but always remaining vigilant about unwanted, outside elements who could pose a threat to her well-being.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

I've always believed she was "black friendly" on the screen at least.

16. Young Herschel

Brittany Snow has only been surpassed in on screen IR paramours by Kristen Bell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Facts such a turn on

18. darkcurry

Do we have a list and a number to confirm that?

Also what about Julia Stiles, Margot Robbie, Ruth Wilson? I think they have been in a few IR paramours as well.

19. Young Herschel

I considered Julia Styles but that was so long ago for her and she only did two way back when to my knowledge. Though 2000 "Save the Last Dance" did prompt two very cute White women (one a 24 yr old high school teacher no less) to engage their IR cravings with me I later surmised.

Wherever you are Jana and Erin . . . thank you and Happy Valentine's weekend :)

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True indeed. Bell's character was involved with Black lovers in several projects.