feminism vs. meninism

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by goodlove, Dec 27, 2014.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to The Dark Knight again".

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I was talking about compassion and feeling empathy for someone, even if that persons struggle might be less than yours. It was all in context of the fact that we are here with a common purpose and that its sad that less support for each other sometime are shown. That has nothing to do with feminism. Also, you should know by now that threads have individual conversations within them and you be well advices to take comments within context instead of doing silly assumptions based on what thread it is in.
    You have also been here long enough that you should know where people stand, and you don't need to preach to me about your points, I have posted about lots of them an enormous amount of times

3. meowkittenmeow

My mistake. I will see if I can remove your quote from the comment. Enjoy your evening.

Update: Your quote has been removed.

4. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I try to support and understand all of these struggles, because they're all of the same stripe, to end oppression.

5. meowkittenmeow

Not every struggle has to do with oppression and not every ideology is concerned with fighting for the marginalized in spite of its claim.

6. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

My apologies. I thought it was clear that I was referencing the struggles of racial minorities, the gender equality struggle, and the like. If you're not oppressed, then a struggle isn't a struggle, it's oppression. What does a class in power have to fight about?

7. goodlove

goodlove New Member

You may not know what they think thus its time to listen and hear what they have to say.
    You shouldnt have apologized. If you are being oppressed you are struggling.

Its funny to me that in an IR there should be more compassion going back and forth because of the dynamics.

I see there is a very small handful that refuse to get it.

So women make your threads and discuss your issues.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I know I'm calling bullshit on this notion that gender makes anyone the better part of humanity.

9. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

My main takeaway:

At :18 you see the lead in a seductive stare with some comely blonde woman. Shows about Asian men and shows about Latino men are embracing the freedom of putting those men of color as desiring white chicks and being desired by white chicks. Meanwhile shows about black men are....well..rarely just about black men; they tend to be about black women too. And black dudes on these black-led series are almost never getting anywhere near white women.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Because our women control the narrative with an iron grip. I long for the day when we can ignore the cry babies

11. meowkittenmeow

If only enough of us, in power, gave enough of a shit to start a movement and end the matriarchy.

12. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

I have to be honest. I don't get all this matriarchy stuff. How is this different than women complaining about the patriarchy? You have your proof, they have theirs. Even if there's something to it, why are we making black women out to be our enemy? Sounds like so much divide and conquer to me.

Just me two cents. Shutting up now

13. meowkittenmeow

No one is denying that there is a white male patriarchy. We are discussing the black female matriarchy that also exists. None of us are making black women out to be the enemy. Their actions often erase us from the narrative, and we are treated like property. The large number of child abuse at the hands of black mothers as well as the high suicide rates of black boys under 10 is a direct reflection of this. If black women are permitted to voice their concerns or even outrage, so are we. It's called equality.

14. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

You're absolutely correct about having the right to a voice. Maybe I just haven't seen this matriarchy manifested in my life as clearly as others.

15. meowkittenmeow

I'm very happy for you if you haven't had to experience that constant oppression in your life time. But, it manifests in many ways, and some are more covert, while others are indoctrinated into us from a young age, so we don't see it until we truly give it some thought.

16. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Help me out. Can you point me to some resources that'll educate me about this? I've got an open mind. I never claimed to have it all figured out. I'm willing to be convinced.

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(the look she gave the brotha at the end sums up how they feel if we get in their way. lol.)

18. The Dark King

Well the point of bringing it up is to help our fellow BM who aren't aware. You may not personally see it or are affected by it but so many are fam

19. The Dark King

Dude I'm Jamaican and its very patriarchal I won't even begin to deny that but just because it didn't manifest itself in my personal life doesn't mean I can't see it. I've never had border issues but I can see there's an issue with immigration.

20. The Dark King

Ok think about this who in our community is elevated the most during school age (taking sports out of it)? Not only that who is most likely to get punished in school who is most likely to be heavily policed further destroying opportunities for employment or even school loans?
    And don't get me wrong they aren't doing this alone they are getting help. Its the reason you have a movie about a black king but the female actresses get more poster real estate. Same thing with black lightning where the shift and focus is on the daughters but not the actual male title character. Its the reason people constantly celebrate black girl magic and you often hear people say they love black women but unless its some type of weird fetish you never hear anyone say they love black men.
    You add all this up and you have a large swath of women who are constantly criticizing their men (far more than any other demographic. Show me Asian and Hispanic women say their men ain't shit) constantly demanding far more than they bring to the table.