feminism vs. meninism

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by goodlove, Dec 27, 2014.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

[YOUTUBE]9DxsY2391jM[/YOUTUBE]

so what is the difference

2. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

3. EuroChick

EuroChick New Member

"Meninism is a mockery of feminism and proves that we can't request equality without white men making everything about themselves. Oppressed white guys think that feminism is a threat to their masculinity. @meninisttwitter if you follow meninism, you don't know what feminists stand for."http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Meninist&defid=7962331

4. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Synonym: MGTOW (Men Gone Their Own Way)

5. goodlove

goodlove New Member

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

A lot of that video was dishonest and disingenous
    If men want to bring up the fact that women want to be courted yet treated like equals why is that a whiny argument? Why can't men point out the hypocrisy of equality yet wanting to be treated as special by a stranger virtually just because your a woman.
    And I'm personally sick of the idea that being male means you definitively experience male privilege when its far from true because it also has a lot to do with race and money as well as gender. Who is a better off, a rich white woman or a poor Hispanic male? I know we aren't allowed to talk about this but male privilege is usually reserved for white (majority wealthy) men. We see this in prison sentencing as well as job hiring and salaries. Black women do better in the job market both in terms of hiring and salary over black men. The opposite is of course obvious in terms of white women and white men but white women do better than Hispanic and black men overall

7. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

http://qz.com/318356/white-american...cts-than-black-americans-who-went-to-college/

8. The Dark King

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm not trying to be a dick but yeah

Miss me with the 'male privilege' when my skin color alone knocks me down to the lowest rungs

I am proud to be able to aim my piss while standing upright tho

10. The Dark King

In a country founded on racial distinction no one can tell me that gender trumps race. I don't remember them finding a need to claim women were 3/5 of person.

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is trying to say that gender triumphs race, here or anywhere.
    But you often seen to have trouble with accepting that women do also have struggles and that somehow because being a black male comes with more struggle, that women have nothing to complain about. They arent mutually exclusive. Also, historically, in this country women were absolutely considered around 3/5th of a person. There is plenty of that in the us history.

The thing is, women on here would wish for more understanding by some certain of the males on here that categorically don't want to hear it.
    That does not in any way, shape or form, mean that we think that gender triumphs race and that we don't understand that being a bm certainly comes with infinitely more struggle than being a ww.
    I think every single ww here is perfectly clear on white privilege. I simply think that some women get really tired at times when discussing female struggles that it is constantly trivialized by a few men on here or worse.

We really should be more supporting of eachother, after all, we do date 'eachother'. I don't need no kumbaya, its not realistic but shit has turned way in the left field at times..I scratch my head going:how are some on here dating ww/bm

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

It's hard to support 'feminism' when white women are doing better as a group than black men

Har har

13. The Dark King

I was speaking directly to what was said in the video and yes I get women have struggles and I support my female allies as well as my significant other when issues arise. Women should get paid the same for the same work and shouldn't have to worry about personal safety or being objectified and as a man I speak out against it when I can. However like Petty pointed out its tough sometimes to root for someone who is complaining about driving a Honda when they deserve a Lexus when you're still trying to gather change for the bus. The shit is really tricky especially when a lot of these same people are racially insensitive. Seriously if I have to see one more asshole tell me bluelivesmatter I'm gonna be ill

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

I'm being racially oppressed by white feminists

15. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I do understand that completely, I do. But emphaty goes a long way, here on the board where we go for the same reason. A few men on here just don't want to hear it. At all.
    I don't want to hear complaints from ww that are racially insensitive or plain ole racists. Or women driving Hondas that think they deserve to drive a Lexus. There are more important issues to care for. Such as the things you mentioned. And I'm really happy to hear you mention that because you know I like you and sometimes it sounds like you don't believe that is an issue.
    What is bluelivesmatter?:)

16. The Dark King

It's this new bs movement trying to bring "awareness" that the lives of cops matter since they are being "persecuted"
    As if the public needs to be reminded.

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

They really wanted to use #whitelivesmatter but it was too obvious

Hard to defend that when no one categorizes them as less than human

Lol

18. FG

FG Well-Known Member

I'm glad I never heard of that complete bs!

19. The Dark King

Nope we also have to see alllivesmatter
    Well no fucking duh but unfortunately certain lives have to go through more shit but hey lets water it down so some privileged suburban douche can grab unneeded attention

20. goodlove

goodlove New Member

theres a thread in the forum asking how the eric garner situation effect your relationship.

some one mentioned that if a ww cant see a bm plight then theres a problem.

not in those exact words of course but can be inferred that way.

question....do you think it should be the same when it comes to women issues?