feminism vs. meninism

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by goodlove, Dec 27, 2014.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yes! He is picking roles the right way. He is very endearing, loving in both movies.

They're just using it for political style points. Kind of like when you do something and be friends with someone JUST to get back at someone. They didn't care about Trump's racism (and even swept it under the rug.) until he ran as a republican and won the presidency over their precious Hillary Clinton.

They also through feminism want to control black people and keep them at bay from taking their spot and jumping them in the line of success... especially black men. Emma Stone exposed herself in that when she made a remark about the mostly male Best Director category at the Oscars and people online were hitting back at her for marginalizing and overlooking a Black man and Mexican man who were nominated and spoke of how white woman has WON the best director before a black man has. Just showed you how very little feminist think about black men.

They use black women to help them in going after black men. But the genuine ones and the strong black people that are NOT treating the liberal party like they are such saints are making it tough. I pointed this out before, but there are several liberal celebs with racist tweets and have done blackface but they ignore and forgive them while they condemn and get rid of conservative white celebs who have done those things.

If you are aware of how liberals go about with THEIR racism you know that them supporting IR comes with wanting it under their control. Control the narrative of IR. But because there are people that are GENUINELY for IR Love and diversity and we have strong black men out there defending those they come after it makes it tough on them.

And with white actresses like Sandra Bullock, Elizabeth Olsen, Julia Roberts, ect. making shows an movies with black male characters as love interest there are a few white women in Hollywood that are genuine about it.

2. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the breakdown. But do feminists really have that much power in Hollywood?

3. darkcurry

Yes, because there are women that are the heads of studios and not to mention a lot of people are at the mercy of the PC Police. Enough number of complaints and they get what they want just like gay people got Kevin Hart out as Oscars host.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock don't count sorry. They are at the very end of their careers and have absolutely nothing to lose by having black male love interests. When its Jennifer Lawrence and Scar Jo or even Emma Stone then its progress

5. The Dark King

In the liberal arena white women and gay white men control the landscape especially in Hollywood. Straight white men in Hollywood are usually beta artistic types who don't like confrontation and want to get along with people. Their white male more conservative counterparts go into much more confrontational arenas like law politics and finance. Agression the way those guys do it doesn't work in Hollywood they have a hard time understanding what entertains people outside of that bubble. Arts are usually where those who are not straight white men and/or not in sports get a chance to truly strive so of course people on the fringe like gay men and liberal white women can dominate and thrive. They dictate taste and cultural norms while also getting to dress up other people like dolls. God I could go on and on but keep in mind the agenda is to maintain power and focus on who has it and why.

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

If I could add something; 3rd wave feminist ww do not like black men. We're much too cocky and confident for them. Most of us are used to black women (mothers, aunts, sisters, etc ...) who have no problem speaking their minds if we do or say something they don't like. We expect that and really don't have a problem with it as long as it's respectful. So we act accordingly and move with assurdness assuming that a woman (in these cases 3rd wave feminist WW) will say something if they're not down with the program. But, because they're raised differently, they interpret that as the man just running over them so they react, on an emotional level, as if they're being harassed, bullied or even abused.

They don't see themselves as having to step up. It doesn't matter that confidence and boldness is part of black culture. We are the ones that have to change. They'll bust their asses to learn a new language or mystic ritual, but won't take the time to understand and adjust to the blackmen in their own cities. This is why I see the Pound Me Too movement as culturally and racially insensitive.

7. The Dark King

That shit is just anothet arm of white upper middle class supremacy. Until I see them with their pussy hats at the border or marching for that poor girl who defended herself against that John they are completely full of shit and its on display. Their time is almost up

8. darkcurry

Ouch.

By that logic you seem to be looking for whoever Hollywood tells you who's hot. Because none of those women with probably the exception Jennifer Lawrence have carried a non-comic book movie to box office success. At least Julia and Sandra has that star power among audiences without help from mainstream media and hollywood. It is tough for some women to garner huge loyal fanbases to get ratings and box office draws. Julia and Sandra still can and as of right now are in the headlines and all over the place with both Julia's movie and TV show and Sandra with her Netflix Film Birdbox.

And Elizabeth Olsen has only flew under the radar in Hollywood. Her last film she headlined Wind River, successful at both the box office and with critics. On top of that of course her hit show where she has a black love interest and has been picked up for a 2nd season and she got nominated for a critic's choice award, and a loved Avengers star. How is she not progress?

With the exception of Emma Stone I would love to see those women with black male love interest, but be careful not to put these women above what's already happening like things haven't progressed without them and they are some kind of key. IR is becoming VERY progressive and quite honestly will do fine without those women because it is about the story and how they tell the love story. A United Kingdom, The Mountain Between Us, All About Nina, FOCUS, Sorry For Your Loss, The Good Place, The Innocents, ect. are all examples of that.

You're not a big hot star unless you can get the audience. People are made into stars not born one. And they keep it going by keeping their fanbases and audience's interest in them. And they do that with a really good show or good movie that turn into fan favorites.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  9. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

12:05 to 13:05...
    This is so weird. And so un-sexy. I don’t think I need a man who has to be submissive to me in order to learn what it means to be a man.
    I don’t know where Pastor thinks they are getting this stuff from but it’s neither Bible nor the African roots.
    However, the two black ladies seem to enjoy it.

10. darkcurry

It's the slave mentality and slave master mentality that unfortunately a lot of black people are accustom to due to the psychological effects of white supremacy. People when they see black men and are raised in such societies they want to automatically be in control of them. Like we are property.

If you truly want a strong man or woman in your life submissiveness is not a trait of strength. This is fear of a Strong Black Man.

11. Madeleine

Do you mean in your grandparents’ time or great-parents’ time the black community was talking about how black men should essentially be submissive to their women??? Isn’t that a newer conversation?

12. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Celebrating the Black Woman over the primacy of the Black Man is music to sistas' ears. This is why Pastor probably has a peaceful black household, he knows his place. To be honest, most old-school love songs and ballads are on that same wavelength

13. Madeleine

Pastor is not even speaking the Word of God on marriage. He’s just catering to the audience. I am not gonna be a member of such a church.

14. darkcurry

It's generational. Passed down, socially conditioned through time to evolve into a way of thinking about black men.

15. Madeleine

Way of thinking that your lover should take the place of a child of yours? He’s talking of his wife mothering him. I don’t understand how that concept is appealing to the women.
    If that’s the case they should stop expecting men to ask them out on dates, pay for them and do all the things that are traditionally expected of men... Since they are looking for little boys. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

16. RicardoCooper

When have most women not tried to have their cake and eat it? :D

17. Madeleine

Lol...not in THIS way! This is just off!

18. RicardoCooper

Welcome to the Black American Matriarchy.

19. K

K Well-Known Member

I had a conversation with a man recently who was talking about this and how differently his mother treated him and his sisters. (Much like some of you have talked about on here). He said he realized that when he first started dating non-black women he mistakenly got with women who were controlling. In the beginning he didn't see it as controlling. Because the women were so involved and "proactive" in doing things he saw it as them being more interested and such.....because his mother was not. However, he came to realize that it was the other side of the coin. Controlling and manipulative is controlling and manipulative sometimes it just shows up differently.

The whole Black American Matriarchy vs White(or other) Patriarchy thing is an ongoing struggle for me to understand. I think I am so ingrained in the patriarchal mindset and believe me there are major issues with that as well. But it can be a really difficult thing when it comes to an IR. Everything within me is about being supportive and will do anything to not engage in a power struggle with a man if I'm involved with him.

20. K

K Well-Known Member

Wow sooooo much CRAP there (I listened to the whole thing). He's twisted so much. I get how these women are loving every word he's saying. He's feeding everything they want. They are going on about the way he puts words together. To me, it's a hustle - reminds me of all sorts of con artists out there. I find it very disturbing and unfortunately all too common. This is a prime example of why I don't do organized religion.

I just don't get why it's always got to be about how broken the black man is!