Family Rejection

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by Addolorata, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

As William Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet," Oh, Lord we know who we are, but know not what we may be." You, me and everyone on this planet is never old enough to make mistakes, learn or to grow into a person that we hope to be.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  2. suzieb

suzieb New Member

Absolutely right, yes :)
    The day we stop learning is the day we die x

3. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

Well-said..

4. Angelika

Angelika New Member

I envy you!

5. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Good for you, that puts you in a better position than a lot of other people.

6. jxsilicon9

jxsilicon9 Active Member

I'm glad I have good parents. They don't care who I date as long as they aren't some sociopath or something. My oldest sister is married to a Bulgarian man. My family and his get along great and spend holidays together. I don't really bring home women to meet my parents since those relationships aren't too serious.My parents are welcoming to anyone I do bring home.

7. Athena

Athena New Member

My ex's mother called me the white devil and hated me because of my colour. Meh, her loss.

8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Well stop taking all the good black men and this won't happen!

:freehug:

9. Athena

Athena New Member

I know, I'm such a damn jerk lol

10. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Chalk her up as a bad apple...There are other many black mother-in-laws who would bear-hug you with affection,… particularly those of west Indian decent.....The problem is they think they know what best for their baby....but today's baby has a stubbornly modified appetite.......

11. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Give some examples to me Archman. :smt024

12. Tasha

Tasha New Member

What part of the Caribbean are your parents from Mikey ;)

13. Tasha

Tasha New Member

I know this is a old post but I agree 100 per cent .. That cuckold interacial crap is disgusting

14. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

:smt023

15. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

It was the West Indies region.

I also re-read some of these older posts I've made here. I found it kind of interesting that my posts sounded that provoking and/or childish, with that kind of dialect and style, and I didn't even realize that's what other people saw within it that I wasn't seeing.

Anyhow to relate to the thread, she used to hold up that kind of prejudice, but I don't think my mom would mind that much at all now. I plan on finally starting up and investing time to interact with white women/others over the summer, mainly on sites where I know (genuinely) that I could meet the women online then in person. Shouldn't be too long before I experience some companionship for the first time.

Then I can relay my experiences here since I've never had any.