BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Idris Elba's melancholy detective and Ruth Wilson's serial murderer in season 5 of Luther.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Not to be crass, but did Luther hit it, or was this more of a will-they/won't-they drama?

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

What has been your favorite Interracial Sightings on TV. Meaning Shows featuring IR and IR couples so far?

Me:
    Favorite Show: The Innocents

Favorite Couple: Tie - Olivia and Lem/Nell and Arthur

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  4. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

HoL was a Showtime dramedy about morally questionable people; The Good Place is on primetime NBC. Donald Glover's character dated Gillian Jacobs' character for most of the 4th season on Community and the two never kissed. They did kiss once in season two, but it was a joke.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Smh which is why I'm not usually a fan of networks. I don't go where I'm not welcomed

6. SilverSmith

They engage in sex, to the pleasure of numerous fans, at Luther's cottage on the English coast, though for the most part off-camera.

7. darkcurry

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

YouTube clip of it:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. ColiBreh1

Don't forget, a notable subplot during the 1st season of "Community" was that Allison Brie's character & Donald Glover's character went to the same High School together & she's had crush on him ever since than. But they ended up never doing anything with that subplot. IMO, that was more disappointing than Gillian Jacobs & Donald Glover's lackluster IR in the 4th season.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

How did Tone Bell go from being her love interest in last year's Dog Days film to her boyfriend on Fam? Do they have the same agent or something? Lol

11. ColiBreh1

LOL, How do you know "Dog Days" came first before "Fam"? We all knew about the casting for "Fam" several months before I noticed the commercial & trailer for "Dog Days" and posted it in the "IR in Movies" thread.

12. darkcurry

Maybe just chances at working with each other multiple times and becoming good friends. Or certain casting agents and filmmakers will like actors chemistry together and cast them together in other projects.

BTW FAM trended for the first time on twitter. I'm going still give it a shot, but maybe after the season finale of The Good Place since they come on now at the same time. The Good Place was HILARIOUS tonight!

13. darkcurry

All the more important the next step being having more black male leads, because they obviously scratched that to put Her with Joel Mchale's character Jeff. Any other time that's a good set up to a romance. And notice how it's almost like Kara in supergirl with James. Head over heels in love with the brotha, pursuing him, crushing on him and then next season from there on they're acting like they NEVER had feelings the brotha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. SilverSmith

Nina joined the cast of Dog Days Sep 2017 and Fam six months later.
    Google is your friend. :)

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Good point. Both women liked him but they both had on screen kisses with the white guy though.

16. SilverSmith

On 24 January, CBS will air back- to- back new Fam episodes. The pilot was fairly prosaic, but I like the two main characters enough to continue tuning in-- for now.

[​IMG]

17. darkcurry

Same.

I have to watch the 2nd episode some time later today. I can't watch this live until after next week's season finale of The Good Place because they put them on in the same time slot at 9:30 on thursdays. I'm giving it a try, but I still think this show is about 19 years too late, but we'll see how the next few episodes pan out. It took a dip in the ratings although still a lot of people watched.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/fam-season-one-ratings/

If the double episode starts at 9 p.m. I will be able to watch the one at 9.

18. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Need to binge Season 2 of The Good Place

19. ColiBreh1

Although the sitcom style of "Fam" is outdated, keep in mind it's still very on-brand with CBS. Which is why I don't care for any 2000-present CBS sitcoms (Other than "How I Met Your Mother").

20. ColiBreh1

Watching the 7th episode of the new season 3 of "Young Justice". Looks like they're pushing a relationship between Black Lightning & Dr. Helga Jace. Keep in mind that Black Lightning's young daughters & ex-wife from the CW's BL live-action series exists on this YJ show (They appeared in a scene in an earlier episode).