BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

In this case, It is wrong for a able bodied man to play a disabled man. They should've gotten a disabled actor to play the role. People were going too see Hart, not Cranston (though, I like him and don't blame him for taking the role). This was a great opportunity to cast a fresh face actor who is chair dependent.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I didn't even pay attention to to the whole joke. I just remember the PC culture police on social media being mad because Kevin Hart talked about he didn't want his son to be gay. Most people IRL agree with that sentiment, it's just not PC to talk about it publicly. If Keven Hart is now claiming he doesn't agree with that sentiment, he's obviously lying & just being PC.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The only black male is pathetic I hate his character and I don't connect with any of them it just ain't funny to me

4. ColiBreh1

It's a Hollywood movie trying to make money in the Box Office though. You sell tickets by using well-known actors. An actual disabled actor is such a unique specific character actor, you can't make a star out of them.

5. The Dark King

You think most people don't want their kid to be gay? I could care less. Their happiness and health are all that matters. I just want them to be with someone who values them and treats them right

6. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

Hey I'd love to see an actually disabled person play a disabled person on TV, not saying there aren't problems just saying everyone is going after this movie for some reason.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Most beings instincts is heterosexual. One of the reasons why they say opposites attract. So it's not out of the realm people would want that.

8. darkcurry

I done forgot what my problem was with it. lol. But it's probably what @The Dark King said. lol.

9. ColiBreh1

Is that a serious question? I think you know the answer to that.

10. ColiBreh1

LOL, what happened in the 1st episode that made you think it's gonna be a triangle? The 2nd episode makes it clear what direction it's going.

EDIT:

OK I just rewatched the trailer, I see what you're talking about. I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far, so a lot of the stuff I saw in the trailer hadn't happened yet.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  11. ColiBreh1

Did y'all even finish the 1st season? I remember y'all quitting early on the show after a couple episodes.

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Bullshit. How many times has that same argument been used to justify not casting ... anyone who isn't a straight white male?

It could've really worked here. As I said, this is a Kevin Hart movie. He is the headliner. No one is coming to see this movie because of Brian Cranston. Not to mention, he's never opened a hit film. Hart opened this flick at number one. So, they could have easily gotten a disabled actor. There are plenty out there. They're just being overlooked.

Unless it's a role where the person in the chair eventually walks or something like that happens, casting an able bodied person in a disabled role is like casting someone white as Black Panther.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

OK. While we at it, what are your thoughts on black folks who have a problem/issue with non-AA blacks playing AA roles in movies & tv shows?

14. The Dark King

It's dumb AF. Them same people didn't keep the same energy when AA people played Africans for black panther. Some people just LOVE to complain

15. darkcurry

I'm 3 episodes in Sex Education and this is pretty good. The IR is sparingly, though so far. Jackson has yet to be really established on the show. We'll see because Im going to continue watching it.

BTW
    Does anybody know when Legacies return? I miss that little show. lol.

16. ColiBreh1

Some of The CW shows return this week, but "Legacies" returns next week.

17. darkcurry

Thanks, bro.

18. The Dark King

It gets better fam

19. ColiBreh1

Hmmmm....For real? I watched episodes 3 & 4 last night and @darkcurry was right about them pushing a triangle.

20. The Dark King

Nope
    It gets better trust me