BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

CBS has always dominated in the ratings. So it's not a surprise that "Fam" had better ratings than NBC's entire Thursday night lineup.

Shit..... 10 years ago was 2009 (I can't believe it's been a decade since 2009). By 2009, I was already watching plenty of modern single cam sitcoms, so traditional multi-cam laugh track sitcoms felt outdated than.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right! Damn!! Life comes at you fast. LOL!!

Let's say early 2000s then. lol.

3. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

https://www.inquisitr.com/2870854/cruel-intentions-tv-series-meet-the-new-cast/

I know this is for series that actually made it to air but I did find this interesting. So we all remember the film Cruel Intentions well there was a pilot shot for a sequel series a couple of years ago. Set 17 years after the end of the film it was to star Sarah Michelle Gellar returning to the role of Kathryn Merteuil, in the 17 years since we last saw her she cleanup her act went to rehab, and is now married to a successful wealthy lawyer played by Coby Bell (Jason from The Game).

4. darkcurry

Reminds me of that Courtney B. Vance, Felicity Huffman show that never made it to air
    [​IMG]

Makes you think of what other movies and tv shows that were made that never seen the light of day.

lol. Could you imagine doing a project only for it to be shelved away or thrown out.

5. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It Happens all of the time. Here is a Youtube playlist of failed TV shows that never aired.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0SVICTRpVP6sF3WUGgtdAFLT1_gEde5m
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHXo2Ss6Lgp7U_UEv0Md16_Pymz3DRtxm
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLccWymisdyQEvVk0AT5xcFOF1SyMvrNi1

6. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

New movie on Amazon Prime...

"Annihilation" with Natalie Portman...has affair with black man...David Gyasi

only 2 brief scenes...segmented...no physical contact...only back side nudity..on her part...

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember those scenes and l was disappointed.

8. ColiBreh1

Watching the 1st episode of "Sex Education" right now. This show reminds me of all those R-rated Teen/Young Adult sex comedy films from the 2000's.

EDIT:

HOLY SHIT!! The black best friend of the lead character is flamboyantly gay & won't stop talking about all the dicc he takes.

I guess the black male who was smashing all the chicks in trailer is a different character.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  9. darkcurry

He is.

This is the brotha that's straight:

https://www.wmagazine.com/story/sex-education-netflix-show-asa-butterfield-cast
    Kedar Williams-Stirling plays Jackson
    [​IMG]
    School jock Jackson has girls tripping over themselves to get his attention – but he’s only interested in one: Maeve.
    [​IMG]

This isn't a spoil BTW since it IS in the trailer posted.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It was pretty good. I just find it so weird that in nearly all of these Netflix originals a black queer/gay male is always necessary for some reason. Its rarely if ever black women and the queer/black guy has to be front and center.

11. darkcurry

Hollywood as we have seen with their response to the Kevin Hart fiasco loves the gay community more than any other community. There have been celebs that have said or done racist things especially about black people but they excuse it and sweep it under a rug and expect black people to forgive and forget unless the celeb is a republican like Roseanne. This is one of the things we mean when we say even though there is more diversity and we're seeing more love for black men and interracial love in art in this industry it is still racist. They just will attempt to cover it up unless it comes from a conservative celeb or a liberal celeb that's not worth covering for.

12. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

Actually Hollywood just got shook, because Kevin Hart's movie "The Upside" just beat "Aquaman" for this weekends #1 box office spot.This is the first #1 spot for a movie that the company STX has released ...EVER! I guess alot of people, including myself, are tired of the PC mob mentally in this country.

13. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Agreed. Walking on eggshells so your life isn't ruined will quickly create either indifference or enemies but ultimately you won't get what you want. Truthfully its the problem when the emotional are allowed to run things. There is literally no room for logic its all about feelings. Fuck evidence fuck due process fuck anything that doesn't given me immediate gratification

14. ColiBreh1

It never even crossed my mind once that the Kevin Hart controversy could potentially hurt his box office sales. That controversy is 100% of an example of a internet fake outrage controversy. They dug up a joke from a decade ago that Kevin Hart already had previously apologized for multiple times in this past just to create fake outrage again over it. Nobody gave a fucc about it IRL & frfr, most folks IRL actually agree with what Kevin Hart said in that joke.

15. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

Yes this outrage is manufactured and undermines actual prejudice and bias. I donn’t know anyone who cares about this shit

16. Elklodge

Elklodge Well-Known Member

They tried to sink the movie last week when it wasn't working with going after Kevin Hart by saying that the Rock (his good friend) was saying this generation were a bunch of snowflakes and ungrateful, it was a lie, Rock made a video saying if he had a problem with people he'd talk face to face and doesn't like to generalize any group. Then they went after Bryan Cranston saying it was wrong for a able bodied man to play a disabled man. Bryan responded that he understood but he was just doing his job as an actor. Man they did not want this movie to succeed. Funny enough Nicole Kidman is in both The Upside and Aquaman so she's having a good year

17. darkcurry

I don't know about most people in real life agreeing with some of the stuff he said, Kevin Hart doesn't even agree with that joke anymore and said he didn't even before this became a controversy.

Me, I don't have a problem with the gay community I have a problem with some of their rhetoric and tone and what some of them think it is and when they try to compare it to being a skin color and of course like Dave Chapelle even pointed out how Hollywood and some of America seem to value the gay community more than black people. It's like they have more allies and achieving things that took black people 100s of years to achieve.

18. darkcurry

Funny how this is a Weinstein production but it's Kevin Hart who gets the outrage. Something to think about. That's what I mean when I say Hollywood values the gay community over the black community.

19. ColiBreh1

Any of y'all watching "Friends from College" season 2? I enjoyed Season 1, while @The Dark King & @darkcurry hated it for whatever odd reasons. I haven't started season 2 yet, but from reading comments online everyone who liked the first season are definitely fuccing with new 2nd season

20. darkcurry

Anyway...

I finally saw episode 1 on Sex Education and the first episode so far was pretty good and daring. lol.
    Even though they SOLD the relationship between Jackson and Maeve being a potential couple in the reviews and trailer, by this first episode it looks like it might be a love triangle with the main character. We'll see though.

My only little gripe with this is the hypocrisy of this being the #MeToo era and everything being PC and offending people that this show is being lauded and praised by critics and celebs on twitter when it's about a bunch of horny teenagers having pre-marital sex. lol. And the language and content is VERY sexually graphic, but no outrage from these snowflakes. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List