Bella Hadid and The Weeknd

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Ray9968, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Whrn l first heard this song, l wondered, who was Selena talking about - Abel or Justin.

Abel writes songs about Selena post break-up, Selena writes songs about ____? post break up.

LYRICS

Verse 1]
    Took you like a shot
    Thought that I could chase you with a cold evening
    Let a couple years water down how I'm feeling about you
    (Feeling about you)
    And every time we talk
    Every single word builds up to this moment
    And I gotta convince myself I don’t want it
    Even though I do (even though I do)

[Pre-Chorus]
    You could break my heart in two
    But when it heals, it beats for you
    I know it's forward, but it's true

[Chorus]
    I wanna hold you when I’m not supposed to
    When I'm lying close to someone else
    You're stuck in my head and I can't get you out of it
    If I could do it all again, I know I'd go back to you

[Post-Chorus]
    I know I'd go back to you

[Verse 2]
    We never got it right
    Playing and replaying old conversations
    Overthinking every word and I hate it
    'Cause it’s not me (’cause it's not me)
    And what’s the point in hiding?
    Everybody knows we got unfinished business
    And I'll regret it if I didn't say
    This isn't what it could be (isn’t what it could be)

You can break my heart in two
    But when it heals, it beats for you
    I know it's forward, but it's true
    Won't lie, I'd go back to you
    You know, my thoughts are running loose
    It's just a thing you make me do
    And I could fight, but what's the use?

I'd go back to you
    I'd go back to you

What was there wasn't sure
    But I'd go back to you

2. AtomSmasher86

AtomSmasher86 Well-Known Member

1.) First of all don't fall for the propaganda, no one's getting their heart broken. They have what you call an 'on-again-off-again' relationship with probably realistic expectations. You can't expect a relationship to thrive if your significant other is half away across world, and you can't expect one half to give up their thriving career to make the relationship work. Their busy careers was the reason for their break up, which Bella initiated. Bella didn't get over him, so she was the one to initiate getting back together with him. It both ended and started with her.

2.) It looks like the relationship with Selena was label shenanigans to increase their popularity. Abel was the one who broke up with her (it was confirmed by his camp), at the first chance he got, and over the phone no less. They say 'opposites attract', but did anyone expect a guy who grew up on Toronto's streets to mesh well with a creation of Disney's media machine? Abel likes to be low-key, and Selena loves the paparazzi attention, it was never going to work, and they couldn't be anymore different people because they never were on the same page. In retrospect you can tell how contrived their relationship was by you cant tell by how pop-sounding his prior album sounded (which is what his label wanted), and the fact that how different sounding his latest E.P. was (post-break up), that he wanted to go a different direction. His label wanted to maximize his pop star potential by pairing him with another pop star (labels have been guilty of these shenanigans for years), and he wasn't having none of it. Once that album cycle was finished, he jettisoned the 'traditional pop-sound' out the air-lock.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I never cared about his relationship with Selena Gomez, so I'm just gonna assume you're completely wrong.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So why was his latest album about her then? Or at least part if it?
    Do you think these humans don't entertain their feelings for one another? End of the day, they fall in and out too. Hey, you may be right. For all their sakes.

5. AtomSmasher86

He's probably lashing out against her because of her long history of using men and relationships to only advance her own career. Wasn't it obvious, that he went out his way to buy a new home in the Hidden Hills, as opposed to living in with her, or the fact that he made sure to 'NOT' make music with her, unlike her prior relationships with other musical acts, and their was a point where he didn't want her to attend his concerts, and she magically stopped attending them. He stiff armed making music with her like he stiff armed Drake, because the dude has made it clear that he DOES NOT want to use his talent to advance other peoples careers.

6. ColiBreh1

I can't really disagree with any of this. The Weeknd & Selena Gomez being a fake hollywood couple set-up by their labels make a lot of sense. I NEVER understood what The Weeknd saw in her that made him want to date her over any other chick in Hollywood.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Lashing out is an interesting choice of words. That's what people usually do when someone they want doesn't want them.

Secondly, in his song on his album he alluded to giving her his kidney. So who's using who to further advance their career? If he doesn't want any of his music associated with her, don't write songs about her when she leaves you.

Additionally, Drake doesn't need anybody to advance his career, the guy is hot in a lot of things. However, Abel DID collaborate with Drake, so not sure what stiff arm you're referring to.
    Furthermore, he collaborated with Ariana Grande and Ed Sheeran and Lana Del Rey, so again, what's with your comment that he rejects collaborating because it advances others/their careers?

8. AtomSmasher86

Jesus! Writing music about someone and criticizing them isn't the same thing as writing music for them to collect royalties, and build up their touring catalogue. Did he give her the kidney or nah? He clearly didn't, and why would he give a organ for a notorious clout chaser? She used past boyfriends like Charlie Puth, Zedd, Justin Beiber to advance her music career, and outside of Justin, she was notorious for dating them, using their clout, then dumping them shortly afterwards. Selena uses famous men to advance her own career to make up for her lack of talent. Also are you even paying attention? It was already confirmed by Abel's camp, that he ended it, he left her, not the other way around.

Drake also stated a year ago on one of his instagram posts a year ago, when The Weeknd commented on his curly hair, which drake replied that they should collaborate on music, which The Weeknd ignored. Drake, who is notoriously petty, has been known to pipe down his enemies ex's, as a way to get back at them, so a short time later the world found out about Drake hooking up with The Weeknd's ex Bella Hadid. There's countless examples of him doing this to his musical adversaries. It's also been established with out a shadow of a doubt that Drake has used anyone and everyone to advance his career. The Weeknd collaborated with Drake early in his career when he was broke, and escaped the OVO sweat shop plantation when he still had the opportunity.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Spotted leaving an apartment building in New York City 09/28/18.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. SilverSmith

New York City 10/03/18

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ColiBreh1

12. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

13. ColiBreh1

The paparazzi is gonna still gonna chase after them regardless of them not wanting a public relationship.

14. darkcurry

I'm talking about their demeanor when being out and on social media. Usually when couples want to hide their relationship from the public they go out the back door or come out separately. They shield themselves from pics and don't post pics of each other on their instagram and snapchat social media pages.

15. SilverSmith

Strolling on the streets of New York 10/09/18.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. darkcurry

Yesterday was her Birthday.

17. SilverSmith

It wasn't until I read your post I realized she celebrated her birthday yesterday.
    Big sister Gigi uploaded 2 pics on Instagram:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. darkcurry

She is so beautiful.

19. ColiBreh1

Yeah, "In the Night" is easily my least favorite single or song that got a music video from "Beauty Behind the Madness" album.

And actually @SilverSmith "In the Night" was actually the 4th single from BBTM, not the 3rd. You're forgetting that "Often" was released as the 1st single a year before the album was released.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  20. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Sistas on The Shade Room still crying over Weeknd's dating choices lol