Bella Hadid and The Weeknd

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Ray9968, Sep 2, 2015.

1. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

Never heard of The Shade Room until you just mentioned it. Had to look it up. Found it is another web site devoted to the topic of black celebrity gossip and critique. Did we really need another? Of course all of these crappy sites seemed made by/for black women and black homosexuals anyway.

Wrote this before but the Weeknd made himself immune from the demands of black women by immediately inspiring a supportive fanbase made up equally of men and women as well as one that is so racially diverse that his black fans may come third in numbers behind his white and Latino fans. And that doesn't include the large Asian and MidEastern fanbase he has as well. Plenty of black women and their black male simps have made some negative remarks about him because of who he dates and because they feel like all of his videos should have black chicks or something. But the dude keeps doing his thing. I'll put it like this....if you are a black male singer and you have to resort to doing a concert promoted by Essence or perform at the Essence Festival then you are subject to the whims of your black female consumers and the black community in general. Abel Tesfaye doesn't have to worry about that shit.

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Boom

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Seriously? I thought he was one of those brothas that they overlooked.

4. darkcurry

Yeah, and that really is the route brothas need to go. The Black Media is anti-black male in the sense they are against them having their freedom and want to create the rumor when a famous brotha dates outside his race that they hate black women. Brothas that keep their career, dating life and fan base diverse have more freedom.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

LOL, Are you kidding? TSR is probably the black celebrity gossip website/Instagram blog that we reference the most on this forum.

Speaking of which, I had to rewatch The Weeknd's 1 & only BET Awards' performance/appearance in 2015 a couple days ago because I remember he got a WAY BETTER & LOUDER reception at the VMAs that year than at the BET Awards:

Look how dead the crowd is while he performs "The Hills". The crowd only starts to be receptive when Alicia Keys joins him to perform a duet of "Earned It". That reception always reminds that maybe only certain segments of black folks fuck with The Weeknd. And based on the big following The Weeknd has on Hip-Hop forums & the subject matter in his music, I think it's a safe assumption that The Weeknd has a bigger black male fanbase than black female fanbase.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. ColiBreh1

LOL. Some of dumb comments I've seen are:

" The Weekend doesn't make music for black people, he makes R&B music for white woman & non-black women"

"The Weeknd isn't R&B, he makes African Pop Music". [​IMG]

7. darkcurry

Black guys are going to have start going out wearing a shirt saying "I don't hate black women" when they're out with their white and non black girlfriends. lol.

8. qaz1

qaz1 Well-Known Member

That shirt is *guaranteed* to have the opposite of the intended effect lol

9. RicardoCooper

Not me lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I know you're being facetious, but I quit trying to please the world a long time ago, that includes BW and family members. Life is sadly brief, and I refuse to acquiesce to racial bigotry.

The moment when Bella realized she'd walked into her surprise birthday party.

Video: https://streamable.com/vqsgv

[​IMG]

11. darkcurry

Well said.

12. RicardoCooper

They "overlook" most of us until:

a) We are seen with a white woman
    b) We start making money
    c) Both

13. darkcurry

[​IMG]

She looks amazing!

14. darkcurry

[​IMG]

He breaks her heart and Abel is cancelled. LOL!

15. ColiBreh1

Looks like they getting a place together:

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/the-weeknd-and-bella-hadid-reportedly-shack-up-in-tribeca-condo-news.63130.html

16. SilverSmith

New York City 10/29/2018

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. darkcurry

So is she hot or cold? LOL!!!

I kid. That's my girl.

18. darkcurry

Bella Hadid and The Weekend dressed as Beetlejuice & Lydia For Halloween

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. darkcurry

I like this one. Pretty dope.

[​IMG]

20. SilverSmith

The Weeknd and Bella's mom,Yolanda Hadid, support Bella from the front row at the 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]