American Black Men: USA or Foreign White Women

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by blacklexus, Nov 8, 2015.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Hopefully she didn't tell him that after sex. Lol

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

lol

i bet hes saying "what you mean by that?"

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I don't know where you meet people but that's been said to me often in life. Doesn't matter the education or social setting. Most people have an image of what black people are. Even women on this forum who date black men regularly have said I don't "sound black"

5. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

What does that say about your NY utopia? Lol

I'll pass

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

:smt043

Maybe they meant that your voice doesn't match your appearance? Idk what a black person "sounds like" but I know for damn sure that your voice doesn't match your look. I'd think (hope) that's maybe what they meant??

9. The Dark King

When did I ever say this was a utopia? lol

10. The Dark King

That's never what they mean, to them I sound white. I have diction and pronounce words fully. Sounding black usually means hood talk, poor vocabulary etc

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Nah, you just have that nasally nerdy white boy voice. Put a little bass in there. I used to be told I sound like a girl to I sound white for a long was time because I had a high pitch voice. These days people can guess black most of the time but a little still think white.

12. RestlessRita

I think TDK is correct. If a black man speaks articulately, many times, he'll be perceived as a white man. Yet another unfair, ignorant thought regarding black man. North, you have a great speaking voice.

13. The Dark King

I ain't changing shit my white man voice has opened a lot of doors for me lol
    Truth be told if that's the case since when has been changing for others been the right move fam?
    Wait nasally? That's a first lol

14. The Dark King

Thanks for the cosign love :freehug:

15. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Bingo! :smt023

16. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I'm currently working a call center gig where everyone speaks in a professional manner where any type of lingo, slang, broken eniglish is not tolerated. You can easily tell who is black, white, and Latino behind the phone.

Thank you, I'm often told I have a hotel voice... not surprising.

TDK from what I heard, I would of never guessed you grew up in N.Y. or had jaimaican roots. When I hear Rita talk, I definitely hear a new Yorker in her voice, no questions about it.

Another great example, cherok33 sounds like a straight up black woman on the phone and she's one of the most elegant well spoken people on the forums.

17. RestlessRita

:smt070

18. The Dark King

How many Jamaicans have you been around how long have you lived in NY?

19. guychoy

guychoy New Member

I met some Nowegian chicks at a bar in Honolulu this past Friday. It's crazy, because Euro women (and even Aussies) will give their girls some space when they see she is engaged in a little friendly banter with a nice gentleman. I hit it off good with one girl and she said, and I paraphrase here, that I was so easy to talk to and that she didn't really have to think about the English. She could just let it flow.
    Wow!

American ww, I love em but man, let a nice brotha try to approach one of their GFs and its gonna be murda she wrote. Case point: on the same night but different venue, me and my Naija (Nigerian) buddy were just chilling at the table in this Irish Pub just taking in the sights. Suddenly, this white chick (she may have had some slight hispanic or asian admixture) who was standing in front of us with 2 other gfs just starts talking to us: "What are you guys doing here, you've been sitting here for the last 30ms".

We laugh and convo ensues, one of her other gfs comes in to stir her away, but I instantaneously engage her as well, and finally we have all three talking to us. GF no.2 is not impressed by the well-credentialed melianated gentlemen who have so graciously bestowed upon them such engaging conversation, and promptly exits. Eventually me and the naija bro exit the venue bidding the ladies a farewell as we saw no value in entertaining the ladies who were visiting for a wedding, as one of them was the bride-to-be.

All that is to say, American WW should take a note from their Euro sisters and let your girls have fun and stop cock blocking.

20. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Good points. This whole idea of attraction is just as much a case of what an individual attracts as it is a case of what that individual is attracted to, which can be a very different type indeed. You can desire a certain 'type' from magazines/movies/etc and yet be perceived as attractive by women who are nothing like that at all.

I am guilty as charged of being into bookish, multilingual, atypical music listening and generally all-around "odd duck" types of girls, and they have been from many countries, including the US. However, the percentage of women that tend to like me in return is usually about 75-80% foreign, 20-25% US-born.

Looks are nice, but I have also been in love with less attractive women (including the love of my life/one that got away) who have that oddness factor flying off the meter on more than one occasion. I don't attribute that oddness to being a foreign-born woman more so than a US national, because as anyone who has been abroad will tell you, there are artsy/bookish types as well as materialistic bimbos in every country and culture. And I'm sure the ladies here can attest that jocks and nerds are everywhere, too.

*Resounding applause*

I think this is on point. People use that statement as racist ethnic shorthand for intelligence/vocabulary. There are plenty of whites who also use slang and speak informally as well, so people are just being bigoted and using sloppy reasoning when saying that "hood speech" is "talking black". I think any type of speech is valid if both speaker and listener fully comprehend each other and it is consistent with the situation in which they find themselves talking.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015