Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

what you get (model wise)?

i know a girl at work was trying to sell me hers for like 8 hunned

not sure which model it was, because they have so many

i definitely like the all-in-one approach and I think it could be good to change up from time to time

glad to hear about the recumbent bike also...i have a schwinn that I had for about a year and a half, and it's pretty solid. Rule of thumb is to get your workout going, to the point where you can't hold a conversation, and keep it at that rate if you wanna get the fat burning. I definitely get it there with the bike and sweat like a hog. And they're low impact.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

the bike is a marcy and the total gym is a rip off model called total body works 5000. Got them both for around 200 each

3. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

sounds like a good deal

personally i think bowflex is a little over-priced

my bench, weight set, resistance bands, bike, rowing machine..hell everything i have here probably costs less than one bowflex total gym

get out of here with that shit

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

But thats the selling point. It claims to give you all that and save you space

5. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

c'mon man who's side r u on?

:p

6. Stheno

Stheno New Member

Thanks for the advise i will try what i can for now, need some stamina and hope i can do more later

7. Stheno

Stheno New Member

The picture turn more worse that i look .. made my waist look bigger :(
    maybe because the pants am wearing are bigger size who knows... were free and all are Medium size just need to lift them up often (Small will be perfect size) and it is higher on my waist that should be also usualy i turn it to be more tight but not good look for the picture
    anyways lately been eating more bad food too and i hardly move at all
    I had lost almost 2 kilos before... glad almost put everything back maybe in a bad way but in a week just from a little walk can get fixed

ok here the picture
    hate it but in few days will start the walking

[​IMG]

ok later will add another with changes lol

8. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yes.

9. HighHopes

HighHopes New Member

Any advice for someone who doesn't have a workout buddy? Motivation isn't an issue for me at all; it's more like concern for my own safety.

When I go to the gym, I try to go hard the whole time. I don't really understand how the whole muscle building process works, so I figure I should just work out until I can't lift anymore (or at least until I get a bad headache). This usually leaves me feeling sore for the next two days. Also, I only have access to a gym during the weekdays. So, if I go and lift on Monday, I probably won't be back in the gym for weights until Thursday, or maybe Friday.

I do this because I don't want to be one of those dudes that gets hurt because my muscles give out trying to complete a rep. Trying to avoid injuries at all costs...so instead of risking it or just going to the gym and lifting light (which I don't see any point in doing, but that's more or less because I don't understand the mechanism behind gaining muscle...suppose a Google search wouldn't hurt though), I just don't lift. Sometimes I go to the basketball courts in the gym and just play basketball. Actually, I do that a lot -- basketball is amazing cardio, and it works the lower body decently as well!

So yeah. My goal is to build more muscle and get leaner by cutting body fat. I feel like playing basketball is enough for the cardio, but I'm worried that I'm not pushing myself often enough to really gain any muscle. I'm also not taking any protein supplements because I cannot afford it.

I suppose I could always do some bodyweight exercises at home on the days I don't work out? I'm really at a loss here.

10. 4north1side2

Dip Machine 560lbsx3.

[YOUTUBE]Kv6XuFahRY4[/YOUTUBE]

Next goal is 600lbs, final goal is 650lbs.

11. blkmforyou

blkmforyou Restricted

My workout schedule:

2 nights - Cardio includes 45 min run and 30 min bike
    2 nights - weights for my upper body
    1 day of the weekend - basketball with friends

I have been doing this for last few years with few exceptions due to travel. This kept me shape. Most important of all, diet and sleep as been a big factor.

12. 4north1side2

Freemotion Abdominal 150x12
    [YOUTUBE]hAMvUBlo1xs[/YOUTUBE]

Shoulder Press Machine 360x3
    [YOUTUBE]JzeMdgEkTLQ[/YOUTUBE]

13. falcon

falcon New Member

Right now I'm still crossfiting, with the paleo diet. During very well. Crossfit is kicking my butt along with a spin class and krav maga...My diet is very clean.

Have a Great Day...Better yet have two great days and give one away....The Joy of Giving

14. free816

free816 New Member

what up man!! Years you were at Penn st, may know a cat I know? Leroy Thompson played there in 80's

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

So far I'm just alternating a run/bike/swim day with a weight training day. But I'm not getting all Petty and shit, lol, just doing light weights and 200 reps broken up into 4 sets of 50 for all upper body lifts. Petty, any suggestions for improvement bro?

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i was there during the Zack Mills/Larry Johnson era...early 2000s

17. 4north1side2

Hit 505lbs on the chest press machine, hoping to hit 510lbs today.

I felt my traps were getting oddly huge so I fell back and hit them once a week now, since summer time is coming up I'm hitting my calves 3 times a week.

My current weight is 219lbs. I weighed 224lbs not to long ago, my heaviest weight ever. I will be quite happy at 200lbs. My fat ass won't let em fit in any of my professional clothing anymore :(

18. Leksola

Leksola New Member

If you really have weight to lose and want to lean out and build muscle, focus on your cardio til you get closer to your goal weight.

Then start lifting heavy, use the cages (? - I don't know what you call them in the US) if you don't have a buddy. Really you should try and get someone to spot you. Even spring out a few sessions with a (decent) PT to get proper technique and it will help you pal around with some dudes that might spot you.

19. free816

free816 New Member

on my 3rdmonday to start back lol, initial d.o.m.s. what I dread the most
    Muscle memory will help but no way around doms
    so not looking forward to it, but I'm up to 225, working 2nd job all winter killed all the hard work I put in the gym

20. Unique4ever

Unique4ever Well-Known Member

I got a question to those of you who work their legs:

Is there a connection between hard workouts and cramps in the calf?
    I didn't use the legpress lately because of some knee pain, but started using it again yesterday with 80Kg (176 Lbs).

Later at home my legs felt tired, so I was stretching and I had one of the worst cramps ever. I couldn't move anymore at all :(
    I used to have cramps a lot in the night when I was using the legpress regularly but I never saw any connection until I stopped for a while and the cramps disappeared.

You think magnesium will fix this problem?