Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

fair enough thanks for the heads up fam

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

oh yeah don't forget staph infections and Kevin Randleman..

do i have to post the links of the fellow grappler and his previous horrid infection

3. The Dark King

Just saw the pics that shit is nasty as fuck. I might have to rethink this and find a place closer to home. I don't want to be sitting in my own sweat for an hour after practice and end up life that.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lul

i was in the same boat as u, which is why i made sure to ask those questions to the academy staff in charge of keeping the place up. MMA gyms usually have showers, so you can use those or find a place closer to home like u said. I would say that 90 percent of the guys I rolled with, went straight to the locker rooms to wash afterwards. Those are the kind you want to roll with, because you know they care just as much as you do. The oddball who'd roll, then just leave...you just hoped and prayed he was going somewhere else to shower.:smt095

5. Nebula J

Nebula J New Member

man, it really sucks when you have to drive home while stewing in your own sweat, cold and uncomfortable

note to self, don't forget changing clothes

6. The Dark King

Yoga then a 5k run. Thats my damn breakfast this morning

7. Archman

Archman Well-Known Member

Question...........Do you guys wipe down and sanitize benches and equipment when you train at public gyms ? or I am overly germ-conscious...

8. The Dark King

Lay down a towel on every mschine that exposed skin might touch.

9. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

I'm not a guy but my gym provides sanitizing wipes that look like Lysol wipes to wipe the equipment off. I do it but I am a germaphobe.

10. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Planet Fitness gets a lot of criticism from serious fitness buffs, but that's one thing I like about them: they provide towels and sanitizer for people to do just that. Personally, I don't want to work out on a piece of equipment that was recently vacated by someone dripping with sweat. And with MRSA still a threat....yeah, I'd rather be a bit germ-conscious than not.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

When I was much younger at penn state, I never wiped down anything. Don't think we wiped down anything during HS football either. Bunch of dirty guys holed up in the weight room not giving a damn.

I lift strictly at my home gym now and wipe down equipment religiously

12. Stheno

Stheno New Member

plans to start again walking soon in few day when i feel better
    then use some of the other stuff i got

I have got my exercise stuff from the garage and put all in one room :p

I have something simmilar hardly ever used it .. with a nice set of weights
    [​IMG]
    A treadmill

A Swiss ball

one small ball like this lol dont know the names

[​IMG]

so hope i can use them lol

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Looks like a medicine ball

14. Stheno

Stheno New Member

yeah thats what call
    been a while i bought this'

EDIT

i found the box

it is The firm body sculpting ball
    it is 2.7 kilo

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

repped u because it was loooooong overdue

i do like the bench setup tho...

in fact, i need to upgrade mine

it only supports 310lbs worth of loaded barbell, and that's not even close to what I can max out at. I'd like to get something that supports at least 500lb, but most sites I been to don't list max capacities for their benches. Power racks generally do list their max capacities, but they look so big and bulky. I gotta find a compromise somewhere.

as for medicine balls..i generally don't use those...

for workouts like that, I usually take a weight plate and run through core exercises.

16. Stheno

Stheno New Member

for sure this will do nothing for you but like me... that i do nothing... it is a great start even it is enough to just get me move..
    if i tone up a little thats good for me
    a whiler ago i try the bench i could not lift any with weights lol i just used the bar only :p
    my arms is the most weak

17. The Dark King

What about total gym or bowflex?

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i'd recommend isolation exercises on the triceps

you know...dumbbell kickbacks while you're bent over, and tricep overhead extensions

good exercises on their own for that specific muscle, while also helping you out with compound movements like bench pressing

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i thought about bowflex a lot

i have their select-tech dumbbells which i use religiously, but thats about it

if i had more space, i would probably get something like their total gym, just to mix things up and do stuff i cant really do with free weights

resistance wise, im sure they go up to 500 or whatever since they cater to the hardcore fitness market, that's willing to drop 1500 dollars on equipment

20. The Dark King

Just bought one and a new recumbnant bike for rainy and snow days. Hard as fuck so far.