Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

the difference is Brock Lessnar is naturally that big

i remember how they were saying Alistair Overeem had to put on lots and lots of muscle, just to get his weight up to where brock's was...whereas brock doesn't really have to do anything to walk around at 265

2. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

You came along way dude, keep up the tight progress. Me, I'm just going eating my chicken mcnuggets and sippin my mango pineapple smoothie.

3. Nebula J

Nebula J New Member

nice traps, bruh

4. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Grappling

Calling out Petty - you probably dont speak to me still. But I know you have done grappling and I have a question, maybe someone else have the answer.

I have been at my MMA gym now for about 8 months or so, flipping tractor tires, lugging fire hoses, pulling/pushing sleds, ropes etc.. I have been watching their "open mat grappling" Saturdays mornings after my work out and I want to partake. It looks like a hell of a work out.

I just want input from people that have done it and what to expect and think of etc.

5. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Took my PT test on Tuesday and ran my 2 mile in 13:10. Came in first as well, which is kinda sad. Most of the people in my company are out of shape.

Woulda broke into the 12 minute mark but you spend half a minute weaving in and out of the slow runners to make it to the front.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol..that's what happens when you skip over a more rigorous MOS for something more brainy

:eek:

granted everyone in the army is a soldier, you don't exactly expect PT studs to be flying desks and shooting pencils

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I'm not in an MI unit. It's only a handful of intel out of a company of 200 or so. But it's not like we have and infantry or artillery in our company. Our unit isn't exactly high speed.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

took the words right out of my mouth

:smt106

your feet will thank you in the end tho

9. Nebula J

Nebula J New Member

HA, at the bolded.

I took quite a bit of time off, back in cardio fiend mode this upcoming week.

10. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

They didn't thank me after a 12 mile road march on Thursday. :smt092

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:smt043

i take back everything i said about you guys then

how much gear were you guys carrying?

12. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I had like 32 punds in my ruck, but we didn't do one of the legit rucks marches with weapon and IBA on. Our IBA was in the ruck.

Glad we didn't have to wear our body armor because that march killed me. I've only done 2.

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lmao

i honestly don't understand how people wore that shit in Iraq, with temperatures frequently going above 90-100

i sweat just in t-shirts and pant:smt103

14. 4north1side2

[YOUTUBE]vwqE_4r6TZE[/YOUTUBE]

Me hitting 480lbs on the chest press machine once again after falling off months ago. 20lbs away from the goal of 500lbs. Reached the goal of hitting 60 push ups, next goal 75. Yes I know my right arm looks pathetic.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

How the hell do you only do 60 pushups but 480 chest press? That seems weird to me

16. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

not really

raw 1rep strength and muscle endurance are two different animals

as much weight as i move when i lift, i had trouble just doing 40 straight pushups and other muscle endurance exercises during bjj

you got guys who can do pushups until dinner's ready, but couldn't get 225 up 5 times to save their lives

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

My routine is lifting twice a week. 2 sets of chest, back, biceps, triceps, quads, calves, and shoulders.

I do 225 at 15 reps each set and each morning I do 50 pushups. So in my head I would imagine guys like yall crushing the pushups.

18. 4north1side2

Exactly plus I'm using a machine where it is much easier to move a higher amount of weight. If I was still able to bench press, my max would probably be no higher than 330lbs. My shoulder aches just thinking about it smh.

19. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Level 1 combatives this week mufucka.

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

try not to break anything, Shirley

:p