Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Umm, who wants to hear somebody grunting on a treadmill???

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

have any of you people played sports before?

Grunting while running means your pushing yourself to your limits, therefore getting those results you want

no pain, no gain IMO

But if you want to be a casual fitness body who doesn't take performance seriously, by all means PF is your gym

do they make you clean up your sweat as well?

:p

3. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Yup. Thankfully. I don't want to use stuff after some guy has drenched the equipment in sweat. Sorry - I know you gym rats, like, practically bathe in the stuff. :?

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

This is amusing

I never seen any of the football players wipe down equipment in the weight room after those team workouts. Then again, after laying on the field in god knows what for practice, a little sweat wasn't a big deal. I guess I still have that outdoors brute mentality

to top it off...I wouldn't even change clothes before riding the bus home

grass and dirt all in my hair and clothes

5. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I guess you gotta do whatever it takes to make you feel like a man. (grunt, grunt, sweat, grunt.) :p

Seriously, weightlifting is something you've devoted yourself to. It's a lifestyle choice. For alot of people, working out is just a tool to maintain health and fitness, but it's not something they are committed to like you are.

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

i'm just so fixated on improving performance

when you're sparring with a guy and he goes to take you down, but can't impose his will because even tho he's the same size as you, you're stronger, that gives you a great feeling..like all that gym work paid off

i want to be the most athletic guy on the floor, so I make sure i'm doing what I need to do

7. Leksola

Leksola New Member

I should probably invest in a "sports gag".

I make noise if I am running intervals and dragging everything out for the last minutes.

8. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

this is what i'm trying to say to her

i hit the recumbent bike in my living room a few days ago, and was doing all-out sprints and found myself moaning and groaning. Getting yourself in a zone like that really makes your body work, but lots of people don't understand the importance in relation to fat burning. They'd rather take it easy and workout like they don't want to break a sweat.

9. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

*sigh* I'm talking about the loud grunting that often (not always) accompanies powerlifting. PF discourages it.

Ore mentioned finding a treadmill indoors for awhile. PF has treadmills and it's cheap. Period.

10. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol

relax..it's the internetz

as for treadmills, i haven't used one since '02. I have a bike and rower now..but those elliptical machines seem cool. If I move out to a more sturdy apt with cement beneath the floors, i'll consider it.

as for the powerlifting....if you're competing, you need to maximize results and are always looking to break through. There's a rush that comes with lifting like that, and grunting happens. I kinda like that stuff tho, tbh. Reminds me of watching teammates put up some ridiculous numbers in the weight room. Everyone stops what they're doing to see how many reps a guy can get with 450lbs on the bench. You have to have an appreciation of freaks and beastmode to fully understand the male grunt.

:D

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Why wait for cement beneath the floors? Lol! I worked at our local YMCA before I got married and the weight room was upstairs, above the office. All they had up there was free weights. Not sure whose bright idea that was. When those guys got to deadlifting and throwing weights around, we were certain the weight room was going to end up in the office. The entire building shook!

I understand the value of grunting in a workout, but it's intimidating to some who aren't serious fitness buffs. PF wants to be as user friendly as possible, I guess.

(PS, believe it or not Petty, I once had the opportunity to train for bodybuilding competitions. Hard to believe, eh? Lol!)

12. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]unyOKN4LS8I[/YOUTUBE]

13. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Quite true!

14. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

when i deadlift around here, i definitely don't drop the weights like you see other people do. this apartment is like balsa-wood and everything you do, can be heard by just about everyone. an apt i've been eyeballing for the past few months mentions that it has some soundproofing, so i'm looking into going there. As for bodybuilding...people of all weights do that. I've just looked at the article about the university of Georgia cheerleader, who turned down a 75,000 modeling contract, because her agency wanted her to add 50 more pounds of solid muscle using a legal anabolic steroid. That would have put her at about 160-170lbs, so it's not hard to believe.

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I only weighed 125. I was tempted to do it, but just didn't think it was the right thing for me (the competitions) at the time.

16. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Argh.
    Went to PT yesterday and after an evaluation, I actually don't have tennis elbow - I have shoulder impingement syndrome which has gone far and eventually extended to tennis elbow-like symptoms as well. I had ignored the shoulder issue for probably a year. LOL Didn't think it was connected to my pain in my elbow - duh.
    It was good I finally did go as they say you can eventually destroy the tendons in the shoulder.

The PT place is called Bueller PT, cant help getting a chuckle out of that.

17. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Yep... Same as what I got. So painful. Listen to your body and let it heal

18. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You still have it?

19. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

Ouch.....I sure hope this isn't what I have too....the pain in unbearable at times...and yep, sometimes just moving the arm sends excrutiating pain thru the whole area...so what do they say is the fix for it, and what kind of time frame?

20. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Please go have it checked.. the tendon that goes through that area may become damaged if its not take care of.

My PT said first they need to work on stretching that area out + massage for a few sessions as I have lost range of motion and once that is done start working on specific therapy/ultrasound. twice per week for at least 6-8 weeks. Then re-eval.