Weekly Workout Progress

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by babybro, Apr 23, 2011.

1. JordanC

JordanC Well-Known Member

Just don't take your frustration and do things you shouldn't. What causes tennis elbow I don't even know. I have heard of it but don't know what it really is.

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Its just a term for tendinitis in the elbow area. I will try to not get stupid and lift weights, but it will be hard:smt088

3. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Yeah you really have to ease up on it at least for a couple of months.

It's your body's warning to you.

I had a shoulder impingement and it tTook a good two months.

If it is really bad case you might not solve it completely without surgery to release/repair the tendon.

4. Stheno

Stheno New Member

take your time FG not sure what you can do but be careful.

5. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

Cardio, zumba and rock climbing yesterday, after mostly being lazy for a month.
    Hurtin' today, lovin' it :)

6. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

A glutton for punishment, eh? :p

7. Stheno

Stheno New Member

I dont walk as much as i want, but i did today ..i try to walk 6 days a week for 75 minutes..

I done today only 60 not happy lol

8. TCFLORIDAGIRL

TCFLORIDAGIRL Well-Known Member

I had it really bad FG, the pain was excrutiating when I would lift anything...I had to completely stop doing any weight at all, it's been over 3 months and I have been slowly bringing different lifts in, but I am starting to feel it again so have backed off again...and yes, it does suck! I keep being told by a great work-out partner, if it hurts, listen to your body and stop and let it heal....not fun when you really want to work it....

9. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Swimming will totally keep your upper body strong (breaststroke, freestyle and butterfly) without the strain on the joints and tendons. You'll be fine. And take ibuprofen before you get in the water. It will help reduce strain and is easier than having to take them afterward if you get sore.

10. FG

FG Well-Known Member

That is what I was afraid of, loooong time to heal:-(
    Thanks TC for letting me know and let me know how it goes.

It went so far that I can no longer straighten my arm out w/o pain.
    Its no longer only hurts when I work out, its constant so I really need to keep my cool. I am going to PT for the first time tomorrow. Hoping for a magic fix, lol.

11. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Thanks Orejon, I appreciate it a lot.

12. Leksola

Leksola New Member

Hey Take it easy miss. My shoulder was like that too- hurting all the time especially at night. Let it heal, I know it's hard but the break will invigorate you. No dead lifts!!!!!!

13. FG

FG Well-Known Member

LOL> Deadlifts is my druuuuuggggg! I will try, Im hoping PT will help.

14. orejon4

Just got ordered to the sidelines for a week (no running, lifting, nada) due to a crazy 12-hour nosebleed that they want me to take care of. Too close to the septum to cauterize. They want to see if the spike in blood pressure that made it bleed that long was chronic or a sudden stress-related spike (I had a motion for summary judgment due today). I'm a little concerned because my normal blood pressure has been around 120/78-82 my whole life because of my distance running.

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

12 hours? That doesn't sound good at all, Ore. Hope it's just situational.

16. orejon4

I have been a basket case since a couple of weeks before finals last month and it hasn't subsided yet. Turning in today's motion was the latest stress-inducer. Plus, it's been too cold to go jogging lately. When I was home for the holidays I ran on the beach every day and felt tip-top, but back in this cold, grey, drizzling nightmare (lol) the only thing I want to do is stay indoors. I may have to give in and go find a treadmill somewhere. And I'll have to lower the heat from 85 down to 75 or something. :)

17. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

Planet Fitness is cheap. $10/month. They have lotsa treadmills!

18. orejon4

I know, I go to the Y and lift once in a blue moon(week), but I HATE running indoors. :D

19. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

But if you time it right, you might find yourself on a treadmill with a view of a sexy WW on a treadmill/eliptical/stairclimber. You won't get that outdoors! :p

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

planet fitness is for suckers

bunch of tools who want to lift weights and exercise in complete silence

:p