Kirstie Alley and her new boyfriend

Discussion in 'Celebrity WW/BM Couples' started by Ray9968, May 3, 2011.

1. swirlman07

swirlman07 Well-Known Member

I think that your analogies are really off base on this one. Maybe the stereotypical low income, uneducated black woman may overvalue "depreciable" assets. However, I don't think that it applies to women of any race outside of that stereotype.

The average middle class WW has never had "nice vacations every few months". They are too busy working, live from pay check to pay check, try to put away something for a rainy day, or have obligations that don't allow such a life style. I think any woman would be happy to have ONE vacation a year, or even every other year if you want to go outside the U.S. That's the state of middle class America, in the good times.

Most women, IMO, want a home in a nice area. The hurdle to attaining that home is usually a lack of financial means, and not the desire.

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Well said, SM. :smt023

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Please read my posts after that one you too Tam since you wanna be Johnny cosign. Smh lol

4. swirlman07

I did read the post after that one??

5. swirlman07

I think that this explanation is still off, and is based on the stereotype of both women, rather than reality. I didn't even mention the stereotype about black people in general preferring depreciable assets. This is true, only to the extent, that most of America likes to keep up with the Joneses. Otherwise, it's my experience that middle class mature black people have their financial priorities as straight as any other race.

6. Tamstrong

Well said, again. ;)

7. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

QFT Glad to see that someone is still keepin' it real around here.

8. swirlman07

Thank you Tam. I'm sure that you agree it's inappropriate to use misplaced stereotypes of any type or about any race.

9. The Dark King

We as a people are so much more likely to spend money on things that never appreciate over time. The black dollar is rarely flipped in our neighborhoods we love to buy other people's disposable goods. Living in the great melting pot that is New York I can say most people are label whores but as far as priorities are concerned I observe black people in particular putting disposable goods at the top of their list. Like I said I don't see anyone else buying 300 dollar throwback jersies and 40 dollar fitted caps. The black middle class are definitely more likely to buy an infinite that costs 400 bucks a month and still live in their parents house.
    It definitely comes from so many years of not having shit and not being allowed to have shit the collective loves to buy shit to prove they can. Its typical for Americans to over reach but its what they spend their money on is what I'm focusing on that's all.

10. Frederick

Normally, I'd have a lot to write about a spectacle like this, but people have already expressed the same opinion that I would already in this long ass thread, so I'll hold my tongue.

11. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

all we need now is rosie o donnell and roseanne barr, with their new black boyfriends

[​IMG]

12. The Dark King

How dare you? Don't you know those old broads still look fierce for their age? Don't hate because you have infantile fantasies of young wanna be super models. Grow up Petty.
    Snap!

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

lol

if i spend all this time working out, grooming, and busting my ass to look good, why the fuck would i chase freddy kreuger?

shit works both ways, but some women still lust after hard-body mothafuckas regardless of how they look themselves:smt015

14. The Dark King

Well to be honest and fair so do a lot of fat broke dudes. They want girls who look like a young Jessica Alba but expect to get her with a pot belly and a bus pass. No bueno. The only thing I do notice is that men generally don't call women shallow for not wanting them based on that criteria alone. We just love throwing hail maries like puff throws parties.

15. empyrium

empyrium New Member

While you have a point when you say white men have more options than black men you are grossly exaggerating when you say mediocre white men get more women than the best looking black men and that black men are forced to date subpar, a decent looking black man will always score, he might have to look harder than he would have to if he was white but good looking white women are always obtainable, there are just too many of them and while the majority of them prefer white men, many of them don't rule out the possibility of dating a black man they find attractive.

16. swirlman07

We as a people applies to a select segment of the black community. Times have changed and my observations as I have traveled throughout the states is that middle class America is much more focused on the same financial priorities as everyone else.

Suggesting that some people, I'm assuming you mean young adult since you mentioned living at their parent's home, buying an infinite is no different than a white middle class young adult buying a tricked out truck, or sports car of whatever toy suits them, and living in their parent's home. That has a much to do with marketers and the trend among the young current generation to want instant gratification. It's not a race related thing at all.

I will agree that the dollars are rarely turn over in the black community. But, that's to be expected because the few small black businesses that exist can't compete with major corporate department stores and big box stores.

I think that part of the disconnect is that you are referring to a segment of the black population, not all middle class people, but young middle class people, under 30. As I said, I agree that spending habits in this group are different, but that it's not race related. It's just a case of different boys having different toys. You move up the age ladder a bit and you will find more mature people who have different perspectives and values, regardless of race, assuming that we are comparing similarly educated middle class people of either race.

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  17. Frederick

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You brothers are bringing it.

18. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

did you grow a hairy vagina overnight or something?

you're supposed to be cosigning my shit, not offering alternative viewpoints:p

19. Tamstrong

You're welcome, Swirl. I agree. I think stereotypes are a sickening load of crap.

20. The Dark King

Did YOU grow a hair vagina over night? That's some chick shit right there brotha lol:cool: