BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

Don’t forget to thumbs down the shows that treat black male characters wrong.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

lol. Netflix cancels most of their original shows with hetero IR involving black men and strong black male leads

The Innocents

Soundtrack

V WARS

Ironically they have had a better track record with movies (Candy Jar, Destination IO, The Week Of, Little Boxes, Deep in the darkness, Dangerous Lies, etc.)

Unless you check the background of the producer, director or showrunner of the show or movie you have to go into ANY show or movie(not just content on netflix) with a black man in a IR being aware that things might change or it could be cancelled. Im not saying be paranoid or pessimistic just aware so you won't get upset. :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  3. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

"ELITE" is a Netflix original series shot for its international audience so of course its English is unauthentic but the voiceover conversion is very good as always with Netflix. Some people prefer to enjoy a program in its original language so Netflix provides that option too. So whatever way you choose to watch these Netflix original series here you have options of subtitles or voiceover or nothing but natural unadulterated Spanish . . . pure European Spanish lol.

I'm sure there are those people fluid in Spanish who choose that audio option as there are Netflix original series done in Russian, Turkish, Chinese, etc, etc and the default setting is always English voiceover unless I change it.

4. meowkittenmeow

The execs really fear interracial between black men and non-black women.

5. darkcurry

They need another change over there. lol. Because those was some highly viewed and pretty good shows. Unique for a IR telling.

6. meowkittenmeow

They are doing what Hollywood is doing. They are focusing on "Girl Power", which is fine, and what makes "Girl Power" feel safe (Gay-Asexual-Black-Men). "Girl Power" stuff isn't about female empowerment, or women's rights, it's just about capitalizing on buzzwords/terms like "toxic masculinity" in order to satisfy or gain a 18-28 year old female audience. When this becomes passé, they will move on to the next "popular thing".

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It's gonna happen quick too. This whole Joe Biden thing has destroyed every ounce of credibility they ever had. It's single handedly pushed that movement back a good 2 decades

8. meowkittenmeow

I don’t know about that... but, every movement seems to “go out of style” at some point. People get tired of hearing the same arguments over and over again. Then we end up with 25 years of calm. Then it comes back again. The time frame may be shorter or longer depending on how the internet treats it.

Look at it this way, you don’t hear much about the black lives stuff anymore, do you?

9. The Dark King

Yeah seems like these movements are pretty much just a way for a handful of opportunists to take advantage of the disenfranchised and enrich themselves.

10. darkcurry

Absolutely.

11. meowkittenmeow

Yes. Our “actual allies” are few and far between. Most are people who wish to tag their movements to our’s and get funding or lobby for more money or policy that benefits them while simultaneously doing absolutely nothing for us. It’s all a business, and it’s sad to see intelligent people fall for that shit.

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I finally watched the season 2 finale of "Station 19" earlier today. Boris Kodjoe's character Sullivan rejected Herrera because he couldn't perform sexually (due to injury). LOL. When I read on Wikipedia earlier in the year he rejected her in last season's finale, I assumed it was because he's the Caption & didn't want to get in trouble messing with a subordinate or was too proud to admit his feelings. Not because he couldn't get it up.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. ColiBreh1

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. meowkittenmeow

15. The Dark King

Of course smh

16. ColiBreh1

I watched the "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist" season finale that aired earlier this week. It's now a full-blown love triangle heading into next season, if the show gets picked-up for 2nd season.

17. meowkittenmeow

Interracial Love Triangle? It seems like they hire the same 5 writers for every show.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. darkcurry

Did you see it all the way through? I could only make it to the 3rd episode. lol. It was boring to me.

19. darkcurry

As I said before I wasn't really feeling this show anyway so... I really don't care. lol.

That concept works best for a movie not a TV show imo. To each it's own though.

20. meowkittenmeow

Lmao, man, I didn’t even try. Nothing about that show looked good. It was like watching a show about a 45+ soundcloud rapper who ends up being a nanny for Elon Musk’s kids or something. It just looked horrible and cliché.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List