Name the last three books you have read...

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Sir Nose, May 12, 2009.

1. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I find his books entertaining, but the sloppy editing is an annoying distraction at times.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Final book of Green's multi-series shared sci-fi/fantasy universe. Illness has forced the author to focus on a single book series to continue writing, so he decided to tie up all the open plots & potentiel storylines he had for his two best series (The Nightside & The Secret Histories) as a combined last hurrah adventure.

[​IMG]

Interesting concept (a clandestine organization of magic users employs ghosts & "half-deads", people who have been killed then resurrected by mystical means, as their agents to protect the human realm from threats from the spiritual world or other supernatural realms). Solid character build of the protagonist, but the overall supernatural world could have been flesh out a bit more. I suspect this will be/has been done in the two follow up books.

[​IMG]

Great blend of horror, action, sci-fi and various mythologies (Christian, Native American, Mormon, Chinese) all centered around a mysterious Nevada mining town in the 1860's.

3. Tamstrong

4. Tamstrong

5. Tamstrong

I enjoyed the stories in this little anthology a lot.

[​IMG]

This one was kind of interesting but way too long-winded at times, which made the book just okay.

[​IMG]

Cool concept, but it fell flat for me. It left me thinking "Is that all?".

[​IMG]

6. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Tamstrong

8. Tamstrong

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Horror, Fantasy or a mixture of both? That cover looks a little bleak to be some happy sappy Christmas fantasy series, especially if you're reading it.

Also have you read the other six books?

10. Tamstrong

The series is categorized as science fiction adventure, but there are some fantasy elements (to me anyway). I posted about the author somewhere in the Book Lover thread, and his stuff appeals to young adults too. Yes, I've read the whole series and some of the short stories related to the different series he's written.

11. Tamstrong

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The plot/concept for this one please. No spoilers...:p

13. Tamstrong

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

See the bolded is what you should have said in the initial post, Lazy...:p

15. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

16. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The anthology has an aquatic theme. I enjoyed most of the stories, but that's not surprising considering the authors.

[​IMG]

This one was more like a short story or sample chapter rather than a book, but still a good read (and it was free, lol). It would be better if the story continued, but maybe the author plans to do that at some point. I hope so.

17. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All good.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second & third books of Belcher's Golgotha series. He is clearly setting the stage for future stories in this horror/fantasy/adventure world but when and if we will get them is the question. Solid characters & overall intriguing series premise.

[​IMG]

Book # 7 of the Peter Grant/Rivers of London mystical cop series. Good read. Nice blend of real world & fantasy, especially how the magic & "mystical" elements and entities are portrayed/explained.

19. Tamstrong

20. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

I liked the story, but the editing was horrible.

[​IMG]

Ok

[​IMG]
    Meh