BM/WW IR sightings on TV

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Dec 21, 2005.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Just finish watching last week's episode 6 of Sorry For Your Loss 'Weird Day' and
    They went there...
    Leigh and Danny Kiss.png
    [​IMG]

And from the previews for tonight's episode it looks like they are at least trying this Leigh and Danny thing out. I don't know how to feel about this. I mean we kind of seen it coming after that walk, but viewers are split.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. I personally will not be supporting “Stump Town” because I’m not REALLY a big fan of seeing the black male lead being cucked for the 100th time.......my appetite is quite filled on that front, I’m on a diet from now on lol.

And I’m tired of helping these shows while they struggle in their first seasons to find an audience only for them to PREVAIL and get future seasons and continuously shit on the black male lead, this isn’t only Stump Town specifically but c’mon! we all know how this is gonna end up! LMAO there will be some bs plot contrivance that will make the black guy “take a backseat and let the white guy smash some cheeks” I rap! Lmaooo

But anyway, pure cuckoldry lol I’m good.

I’ll support “Evil” instead.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Actually Cobie Smulders is a solo lead on "Stumptown". Both Michael Ealy & Jake Johnson are major supporting characters. IMO, it's way too early to determine how the relationships on "Stumptown" are gonna play out. So you're definitely jumping to conclusions.

On the other hand when it comes to "Evil" we still have no idea if Mike Colter & the female co-lead will develop into something romantic. At least on "Stumptown", Michael Ealy's character is established as a love interest for Cobie Smulder's character.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  4. darkcurry

lol. I for the life of me am not seeing this IR love that's supposed to be going on. Other than the light flirting as I said before she is already married with FOUR kids! No matter what's going on with her marriage I don't know why some of these people would choose and wait around for a priest and a married woman to fornicate(lol) when they look more like platonic friends the past two episodes I watched over two single people that are heating up the screen with their chemistry. The same can go with Nancy and Nick on Nancy Drew they have some hot steamy chemistry as well. But sure let's go with the married woman and the priest that are platonic at least right now. lol. To each it's own but I could of swore people hated slowburns. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

All I told Legacies on Twitter was to give Kaleb a heterosexual libido this season and several new students to focus his attention on rather than be up until two am wondering where MG was like ???? There are dozens of new girls transferring into his boarding school at the start of each semester and from what I recall about college campus life and law school campus life is that "September is for NEW girls" so I was never more than marginally interested in yesteryear's prospects . . . where those NEW girls at? The 1L's of St. John's University-Law? The 9/11 girls from St. John's - Manhattan? I'm not convinced that Legacies showrunners understand how campus life works in the beginning of a new school year lol. Both MG and Kaleb should be giving the old girls the "hi & bye" while turning their loving interests to brand new prospects. The writers have missed a genuine opportunity to create a realistic plot with this second season because as far as I can tell they spent the ENTIRE summer back in Baltimore . . . getting heavier rather than lighter (SMDH).

• List
  6. darkcurry

I would love to see more of Kaleb explored. He grew on me last season and now he is one of my favorite characters behind Rafael and Lizzy. I think he should get some more screen time whether they throw in a love interest for him or keep him as a bachelor I would love to see more of Kaleb.

They fumbled horribly with the main male character Landon. The reviews on him among the fanbase are still mixed on twitter and IG. I am just not feeling him as the male lead here. I find his character annoying. They should switched the male lead over to Rafael with a good story arch leading into it but I know that would be just wishful thinking on my behalf. lol.

He and Hope's relationship is cringey and really not made believable. Partly because either this actor is bad or the writing for this character is bad because your male lead shouldn't create mixed feelings among the fanbase. And now that Raf is back on the screen it's really going to get complicated. The only thing he has is he is an attractive young man and some of the females in the fanbase still think Raf got him beat by a mile there. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I think newmantoplease is essentially saying (he can correct me if I'm wrong) that if you take the whole IR element out of the equation, the show he is enjoying more is Evil. Evil will probably get to that relationship at some point, but the show on its own merits is very well done IMO. It doesn't need that relationship at this moment to be engaging. Meanwhile the only thing that caught my eye about Stumptown was the advertising of Ealy and Smulder getting it own. Otherwise what's new about it? The type of story Evil is doing is not nearly as worn out as the cop procedural storytelling that Sumptown is following.

8. ColiBreh1

I can agree with that. Based on only watching the series premiere of "Evil" & all of 5 episodes of "Stumptown" that have aired so far, "Evil" definitely seems to be the better show.

"Stumptown", despite being based on a comic books series, so far seems to be your typical network crime procedural dramedy with ongoing/longterm storylines. While "Evil" doesn't seem like a show that belongs on CBS' regular TV season lineup. It seems like a show that was originally intended for the CBS All-Access streaming service app, but the CBS execs must've like it so much they decided to air on the main CBS network instead.

9. ColiBreh1

I'm currently watching the 3rd episode of American Horror Story: 1984 & I noticed on Wikipedia page for this season of AHS, that Ray Horton is the only main character listed as part of the recurring cast instead of the main cast: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story:_1984

That's should've been a tell-tell sign

What episode does this happen in?

10. darkcurry

Episode 5: "Red Dawn"

11. darkcurry

12. ColiBreh1

It was announced Yesterday that USA Network has cancelled the "Suits" spinoff "Pearson" after only 1 season:

[​IMG]
    https://deadline.com/2019/11/pearson-canceled-usa-network-suits-spinoff-after-one-season-1202774789/

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

14. darkcurry

15. ColiBreh1

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. ColiBreh1

For some reason, I was expecting "Pearson" to be a legal drama just like "Suits". I was surprised to see that she show ended up being a local/city political drama instead.

• List
  18. Tsharp99

Tsharp99 Active Member

I was shocked that I actually enjoyed it. I was a political crime drama and a good one at that.

19. ColiBreh1

@darkcurry What do people on social media think of Stella & Teddy from "Godfather of Harlem"?

20. darkcurry